Author Topic: Why bother?  (Read 26402 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Why bother?
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2019, 03:13:40 PM »
your right bustr pigs are only full of ego filled players and need a hoard to do anything because junky is the only one who can hold his own. tell me something i dont already know now please

i guess i should have said a hand full of the pigs have egos and not all most are pretty laid back and cool cats. but bustr semp junky just try to trigger people for a response
Forgot that broken shovel guy :D He tries, bless hims heart. That being said he is TOXIC. Definitely "Perma Squelch Candidate of The Year". :rofl I only have a problem with the players that believe the should be kill proof...and when shown otherwise, become serial keyboard commandos. THAT gets old and those who know my reasons get why I hate that stuff. Some players make it no fun to fight them...you win...you get blasted as a cheater. You lose...add your  "derogatory name of choice". With player base being what it is now..to me these are the dangerous players to AH future :bhead You are correct though Biggamer, there are problems...way more than just 1 or 3. I believe however, that those changes need to be made BY US, the PLAYERS. Thats the hard part, everyone thinks they are the correct style of player.  :uhoh People quit when "THEIR" fun dies...some hang on and deride the game at every opportunity...others just squelch,ignore and carry on. No fix-all in any of those options. Game is what you make of it and it saddens me to see that someones leaving ,is their only answer :uhoh
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 03:26:41 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2019, 03:59:20 PM »
Thats the thing with this community they think nothing is wrong with the game. they think its the players no this game has not changed and that was its down fall and everytime anyone suggest anything they are eat up for it. and after awhile they see no change and only continue to be nagged at for every suggestion.

while all you guys set here and defend the no change everyone is leaving.  WoT 4 am US central server 24,954 players thats not counting EU RU south america servers keep on telling your selfs there is no problem i found a back up game before this one goes under its only a matter of time how its still going now i dont know other then there is alot of people paying and not playing.  and this thread like all jsut like ti has already gone off the rails and im done posting here because it a waste of time. as long as you guys are having fun screw everyone else.

let's talk about WOT, I played it for about 2 years.  I probably spent about 700 bucks in those 2 years.  have an account with several tier 10 tanks.

you know what happens in wot?  they bring new tanks, now the tanks they bring are not based on reality.  most are just based on napkin drawings.  now those new tanks are made a bit better than whatever you have.  you grind and finally get happy when you get one, then you have to grind, better armor, engine, guns, turrets...  just when you get that tank that you saw was better you get into battles with tanks that are just a bit better, now you have to grind to the next tank, then you get in to a higher tier with better tanks.  so you grind that whole line of tanks get to the top, then find out that now there's a new line of tanks that are better, so that line of tanks you grinded is now useless.  so you have to grind that new line of tanks and start all over.  unless of course you are one of the lucky ones that has lots of money or belong to a squad that plays and earns gold.  now those squads that play in tournaments to earn gold many are rigged.  lots of videos on youtube posted about squads winning and they are told to stand down, because there was an agreement that this match would be won by the other.

you want aces high to be like that?  having to grind to a new plane you think is op only to find out that plane is useless because now a new plane came out that is better?

most of the changes proposed in ah3 are just stupid in my opinion.  force players to fly eny 30 1 week, eny 20 next week.  make players not run, i can tell you now unless i have an advantage I wont fight a zero with my pony.  and I have never ho'd anybody that didnt point it's nose straight at me.  if I fly a spit8 I dont expect a 190 to turn with me every time, i expect to be bnz'd to death.  I dont fly into 3 or 4 players and expect a 1v1, just like if I take up a tank into a town I expect to be bombed.  if I fly bombers I dont expect every pilot to come straight up my six, i expect 2 or 3 to do at the same time.  the other day I dove from 10k past fighters that were low on the ground over town, i got the m3 just before he dropped troops, i climbed back up to 9k, made a circle and dove again past the fighters and got another m3.  they took the base and i vulched 2 fighters as they were landing.

I make the best of the game as I see so I can have my fun.  If I am not having fun doing this then I go do something else, if that doesnt make it fun for me then I'll go do something else.  it always brings me a smile when I play late at night and there's like 15 people on line and i see no dar. so I up a heavy plane and go kill ords bunkers listening to "you light up my life".  or up b24's and hit towns as I listen "what a wonderful wold".

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2019, 04:25:58 PM »
Semp gets it.  :) :salute :cheers:

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2019, 04:45:26 PM »
while all you guys set here and defend the no change everyone is leaving.  WoT 4 am US central server 24,954 players thats not counting EU RU south america servers keep on telling your selfs there is no problem

Yeah, but to take advantage of those numbers, you'd need to play WoT.

Personally, I don't want to see this turn into a "me too" WT or WoT.  I want them to polish what they've got so it's attractive to more people.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2019, 05:11:29 PM »
Yeah, but to take advantage of those numbers, you'd need to play WoT.

The company that publishes that game takes advantage of those numbers every day.

Personally, I don't want to see this turn into a "me too" WT or WoT.  I want them to polish what they've got so it's attractive to more people.

Me either. 

I'm more into addition rather than subtraction.  I don't want to lose the good stuff AH has, I'd like to see more added that appeals to varying levels of skill, experience and taste. 

What do you consider "polish"?  Graphics?  I think the current graphics are actually quite nice give the scale they have to support.

If AH had WT or DCS  graphics, do you think the current market would still be ok with the time-to-action and game-play pace? 

Do you think the 85% of players who try AH that don't even own a joystick will go out and buy HOTAS?

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2019, 05:17:41 PM »
your right bustr pigs are only full of ego filled players and need a hoard to do anything because junky is the only one who can hold his own. tell me something i dont already know now please

i guess i should have said a hand full of the pigs have egos and not all most are pretty laid back and cool cats. but bustr semp junky just try to trigger people for a response

Seems the only person here with an ego at stake is you since you are the only one lit up. Junky is junky, the rest of us don't care about being Conon the barbiturate ego tweeker of the air in AH. That was junkies thing, pigs fight alone or as POTW becasue we have fun with each other's company and are not ego attached like you and junky to who has the biggest swinging small block 300 in the game. None of us needs to prove how good we are and don't care if we fight solo or tower you as a project to kill time. We towered your lone self like others when in the MA becasue you happened to be in the wrong place and Wasytin said "squirrel".

Today men and boys no longer define their manhood by their Chevy or Ford over quarter miles on deserted streets or by their abilities in team sports. Now it's my hairy pixels are bigger than your hairy pixels and I can piu, piu, piu better than you can in kiddy games. Can any of you imagine walking into a bar and saying to a girl, "hey baby look at how quick my thumbs are and baby I just got an RTX 8080 Ti and own all the other bunny slipper little geeks in my online game"?

I'm glad I didn't start playing AH until my 40's so I had no need to bet my manhood on a joystick. I got over my whatsis is bigger than your whatsis before this age of magical manly pixels suckered you and junky into believing children's games are a valid definition of your real world manhood. You have strapped your real world identity to a kiddy game while using an anonymous identity. Now you are trying to convince an audience of men mostly 40 and over to take your fantasy identity seriously.....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2019, 05:24:07 PM »
I think the real reason many left is not the runners but suddenly finding as the numbers dropped off after 2009, their real skill had been picking kills out of the large numbers before 2009. As the numbers dwindled, people ran from each other becasue those who stood and fought, towered them and rubbed their faces in their lack of ability without numbers to hide behind. Almost all air combat in the game today is based on trying to have alt and numbers or numbers in close proximity near the ground to keep smaller numbers at a disadvantage and not trying to go for their throat. POTW goes for the throat whatever we do and ends up with hoards where ever we start breaking things. None of us have ran away to WoT or other competitors, were have just gotten meaner and tower red guys as our reason for being in the MA.

I'm going to bet most of the players who ran away to other games could not make it work majority of their time in the MA trying to be a lone wolf hero. POTW towers people like Biggamer a lot when we are in the MA for squad sport. We used to wipe out the DickWeed bomber missions for sport on Tuesday nights with massed 262, now they stay out of our country for some reason.
I think the greatest loss over the last few years has been due directly to a loss in quality strategic play outside of large groups and the obliteration of the GV side of the game. Least we all forget it was the regular Bish players who started the HQ wars back in 2013. That system needed to change but to change so much along with it.... The game lost more players than because of it then the HQ wars themselves :( then add the update to AH3 and it was murder she wrote for many. If it wasn't for bustr and his new maps this game would be in serious trouble and I'm sure I speak for us all in that we are all grateful for what he has given to this community :aok
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2019, 05:38:51 PM »
some people forget there's been lots of changes due to game plane.  hq was one of them.  people would destroy it just to upset the others.  numbers would drop dramatically after hq was gone, many players left.  all because some thought it would be funny to keep hq down for hours.  gv dar came out of that and changes to hq down times.

another idea that was pretty good was proximity dar, if a friendly is nearby then everybody can see where the red cons are.  that came from we see dar but we cant find them.

there's been lots of other ideas that have been in the game.  some ideas are really bad and not implemented.

semp

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2019, 06:37:55 PM »
some people forget there's been lots of changes due to game plane.  hq was one of them.  people would destroy it just to upset the others.  numbers would drop dramatically after hq was gone, many players left.  all because some thought it would be funny to keep hq down for hours.  gv dar came out of that and changes to hq down times.

another idea that was pretty good was proximity dar, if a friendly is nearby then everybody can see where the red cons are.  that came from we see dar but we cant find them.

there's been lots of other ideas that have been in the game.  some ideas are really bad and not implemented.

semp

The changes made to save HQ from the dolts was a good change. The GV dar pin pointing a tank, not so much. After running some of these changes for a few months "most" people can figure out whether it did what it was intended to do or if it hurt the game/game play. Those that have hurt, should be adjusted, tweaked, or removed and replaced with something else.

GV Dar chased away most of the GV players. Bomber icons chased away most of the buff guys. These hurt, why cant they be "fixed"?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2019, 08:19:39 PM »
Semp gets it.  :) :salute :cheers:

Actually, he doesn't.  In semp's mind, if he's having fun the  that means every thing is hunky dory with the game and doesn't need fixing.

We all know that is not true.  There are serious issues with the game play and other aspect of the game that is keeping new players from sticking around more than a couple of hours.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2019, 08:35:15 PM »
The changes made to save HQ from the dolts was a good change. The GV dar pin pointing a tank, not so much. After running some of these changes for a few months "most" people can figure out whether it did what it was intended to do or if it hurt the game/game play. Those that have hurt, should be adjusted, tweaked, or removed and replaced with something else.

GV Dar chased away most of the GV players. Bomber icons chased away most of the buff guys. These hurt, why cant they be "fixed"?

oh you were finished, well allow me to retort, what does Marcellus Wallace look like...

ever spent 20 minutes flying around town looking for a gv?  I have and never found it until i moved away and he started shooting again, then i knew the general direction, he was hiding under a single damn tree.  this has happened many times.  gv dar gives you a general area, but not where in that area.  lots of other players have spent countless hours looking for a gv that had shut down and wasnt moving.  also the gv dar doesnt tell you if it is a tank or a werbie, have found many werbies that i never saw till they opened fire and got me.  it's a give and take.  I cant just demand that werbies show up from 6k just because they hurt my game.

as for bomber dar, I dont know ask the dickweeds they seem to have no problem with it blowing up crap and stuff.  bomber dar wont show unless enemy nearby, otherwise it's a dar bar.  I have no problem sinking cv's which is when i up bombers the most.

semp

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: May 16, 2019, 08:56:04 PM »
Actually, he doesn't.  In semp's mind, if he's having fun the  that means every thing is hunky dory with the game and doesn't need fixing.

We all know that is not true.  There are serious issues with the game play and other aspect of the game that is keeping new players from sticking around more than a couple of hours.

actually i have never said everything is right.  there's things I dont like about the game. for example the yak3 seems indestructible.  but you guys seem to think that the main thing wrong with the game is how the other player flies whatever plane he's in.  I dont like to be ho'd, simple dont point your nose at them.  he runs, well either get a faster plane to chase him down, or say I'll see you in a bit, you will come back.  I dont like being in a 4v1, dont dive into a bunch of red cons, or dont let the red cons get above you.

when i used to fly bombers more often, you know how annoying it was to hurt a fighter pretty good and he would dive and go ditch or land, but god forbid I bailed my bombers because i didnt feel like/want fighting.  hundreds of fricking threads about bomb and bailing, and you guys didnt see anything wrong with that fighter choosing to run away to deny me a kill.  he should have stayed till either he kill me or he died.  just like he wanted me to not bail so he could get a kill.

I have lots of other things I dont like about the game.  but just because I dont like it, it doesnt mean it's not good for somebody else or the game. 

like I said I found ways to make the game fun for me.  fugitive has been asked many times to fly with us to maybe see what makes the game fun for us.

semp

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #72 on: May 16, 2019, 09:12:56 PM »

BINGO! WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

oh you were finished, well allow me to retort, what does Marcellus Wallace look like...

ever spent 20 minutes flying around town looking for a gv?  I have and never found it until i moved away and he started shooting again, then i knew the general direction, he was hiding under a single damn tree.  this has happened many times.  gv dar gives you a general area, but not where in that area.  lots of other players have spent countless hours looking for a gv that had shut down and wasnt moving.  also the gv dar doesnt tell you if it is a tank or a werbie, have found many werbies that i never saw till they opened fire and got me.  it's a give and take.  I cant just demand that werbies show up from 6k just because they hurt my game.

as for bomber dar, I dont know ask the dickweeds they seem to have no problem with it blowing up crap and stuff.  bomber dar wont show unless enemy nearby, otherwise it's a dar bar.  I have no problem sinking cv's which is when i up bombers the most.

semp

Well first off, I wouldnt spend 20 minutes looking for a GV unless I was in a GV. Second, making it a bit easier for a bomb**** to find a GV vs GV having a chance to sneak and fight with each out..... which do you think is better for the game? You spend 20 minutes looking for a single GV, if there are 6-8 GVs shooting at each other how much easier would it be to spot a GV? I think its better game play even if all those guys STAY in GVs. more players, more options.

Ask the Dickweeds..... LOL!!! Yup there are pretty much the ONLY buff group left, I guess they are the only ones we CAN ask.

<snip>

like I said I found ways to make the game fun for me.  fugitive has been asked many times to fly with us to maybe see what makes the game fun for us.

semp

And I have found ways to make the game fun for me..... other wise I would be gone. I have flown with some of you guys many times. Winged with Bustr, Way, even flew cover as you spotted GV for me a couple times. Monster is a long time friend. I hope every Tuesday to clear up the time to fly a squad night with you guys, it sounds fun.

Im not trying to pick you out of the crowd, but like Ack Ack said, just because you are having fun doesnt mean everyone else is, and that is the issue these days. It seems fewer players are having fun any more and have moved on or not bothered to put in the time it takes to get to below average in the MA. I believe these things could be fixed by HTC. Hitech has tweaked things before due to game play issues..... NOE, HQ raids and such. It time to make some changes, or remove some of the changes they added before that just dont work any more, or never did.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2019, 10:18:59 PM »
fugitive you are one of the most negative players in this game.  every other post you have is "people are leaving the game, game will be dead soon...."

you wouldnt have spent 20 minutes looking for a gv, unless in a gv?  hilarious.  yes I am heading into town, in my gv to find a single tank that has his engine off, while he can hear me which direction I am coming from.  I turn a corner, puff back in the tower.  or I up a plane look around try to find it and give directions to the gv's nearby.  see you just assumed i was the only one there.  most of the time I am not.

but seriously, what do you suggest that can be coded into the game that would make it better for the game.  get rid of gv dar?  2 days ago we stopped bishops cold because 3 or 4 guys took back 2 of our bases closer to the bishop front line using gv's only.  bishops didnt bother to protect it.  then they made a 2 sector base take with a bomber, fighter, goon.  from then on, 4 more bishop bases fell, all to gv's.  bishops were to busy protecting rook bases to bother protecting their own.

I had fun, pretty sure those people taking bishop bases had fun.  bishops had fun defending the bases they had taken from us.  not sure about the knights as I didnt look at the other side.

dont you think most of those bishops/rooks involved their had fun on their own way?

like I said, i look for ways to have fun.  think most of the players around look for ways to have fun.  we dont think game is perfect but we dont whine and moan at every other thread because things dont go our way.  that's your job, i think.

semp

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2019, 01:13:00 AM »

C'mon Ack. You know better. You will never see a 'perfect' AH that tickles everyone's fancy full-on. It's a sandbox with toys. Players that complain about how other players use the sandbox and toys don't really have issue with the sandbox and toys, at all. 'Oh, HT, program the other players to make me happier!' Heh. Neh.

As far as the game being too hard to learn - we all know better there, as well. Now, starting out as a brand new player and expecting to be one of those solo super-aces, that's just unrealistic. If a new player has that frame of mind, of course their gonna quit when their ego gets too  bruised. HT has already incorporated game assistance videos into the interface. A pre-teen with a mere smidgen of curiosity and patience could figure out the bare basics of getting a plane in the air and firing its guns at bad guys in less than an hour.

Of course, when they do see the text buffer filled with announcements by veterans of the game that say things like 'This game is broke!' or 'Nobody wants to fight me!' or the last straw kind that tells everyone that they're rage quitting for the day/knight/week/forever ... well ... that's the self-fulfilling environmental stench the new player is left with. Run `em off and blame Dale.