Author Topic: Creating Map For Clipboard  (Read 601 times)

NavyDocc

Creating Map For Clipboard
« on: April 25, 2001, 04:05:00 PM »
Just wanted to know if anyone has any tips/hits on creating a map for the clipboard.  I'm getting good at creating AH Maps, but can't seem to get a map of it onto the clipboard for everyone to see.  Any help would be appreciated.  Feel free to e-mail me.

------------------
NavyDocc
OberLeutnant
Medical Officer
KG200

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2001, 06:05:00 PM »
That's the frustrating part of your map building project.

The only way I see right now is to take a snap shot of your terrain (looking down on it) ALT + S and try to get it sized right to match your terrain or draw one by hand with a paint program.

Pokie

NavyDocc

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2001, 06:24:00 PM »
Pokie,

Thanks, I've done that with one map and it didn't turn out very well. When I am looking @ the map from above in the editor...you can't see the whole thing...just a small portion of it.  Or is there something I can do to show the whole map from above?

------------------
NavyDocc
OberLeutnant
Medical Officer
KG200

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2001, 09:55:00 PM »
There are a couple of ways to do the clipboard map.

If you use Ogres mapmaker tool:

Download Irfanview or another image utility capable of screen captures and have it running minimized in the tray.

After you get the terrain coordinates dialed in and output the dem/typ files do a screen capture before you exit Mapmaker.

I usually do 2 captures, one of the elevation and another in the ground cover mode.

By doing this you can make a pretty decent looking map by merging the two without the time/hassle of colorizing the elevation greyscale.

If you use AKwabbits bmpmap tool:

After you output the files and then build the terrain you will find a 1024x1024 terr.bmp in the editor folder.

Copy the terr.bmp and paste it into Photoshop or PSP, Corel, etc - then resize it to 512x512 and flip it vertically.

Then using the image from the bmpmap utility,  resize/color the land area to your preference and use the terr.bmp copy to posistion it in the proper orientation for arena use.

NavyDocc

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2001, 10:58:00 PM »
jihad,

Thanks man.  Actually I'm just learning to use those other two utilities...so thanks very much for the info, I will try both and try to get good with both.  I appreciate it.  

------------------
NavyDocc
OberLeutnant
Medical Officer
KG200

NavyDocc

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2001, 11:14:00 AM »
-----Then using the image from the bmpmap utility, resize/color the land area to your preference and use the terr.bmp copy to posistion it in the proper orientation for arena use.------

I'm still fairly new at making maps with AKWabbit's utility.  Can this last part be explained to me in a little greater detail?  I would really appreciate it.  Thanks.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2001, 10:21:00 PM »
 Same as what Jihad said except use the terr.bmp in your ah editor, flip it over, resize to 512, colorize or highlight whatever you want to do. rename terr.bmp to the name of map your working on and save in that folder.
  I recommend you add your base numbers first. Makes it less confusing down the road when your placing bases.
10Bears