Author Topic: What happened to WO:P?  (Read 3419 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: What happened to WO:P?
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2019, 01:32:10 PM »
His statement had nothing to do with hope, he was stating basic facts.

HiTech

Then you have told him more than we have been told.

I do not often expect facts about your company from players.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2019, 01:32:38 PM »
CptTrips massive AI WW1 arena is using the same code and it's in your client you install on your PC

Actually that is a good example of synergy between products.

When I was proposing WW1WF to Hitech I was skeptical we could do it because it required a few non-trivial changes to the way the AI missions and Mission Arena were originally designed to work.  I assumed that would be a really hard sell. 

However it turned out, some of the things I was wanting had already been created for WO:P in the code base and not yet exposed through AH.  Some other things were already planned for WO:P anyway, so he didn't mind finishing those implementations.  Some other things we did for WW1WF, might in turn, fold back into features of WO:P. 

Features flow from WO:P to AH. Features flow from AH to WO:P.  Same code base. Same underlying technology. 

SYNERGY:  the interaction or cooperation of two or more organizations, substances, or other agents to produce a combined effect greater than the sum of their separate effects.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2019, 01:43:23 PM »

IF you've tried WO:P, it's obvious it is use the same code base as AH.  Everything else I said is just common sense extrapolation of the available information.

Well, common sense if you actually sit down and think about it for a bit instead of jumping to a knee-jerk reaction.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2019, 03:08:58 PM »

Once you start creating content for this game, to get it into circulation for customers, Hitech has to talk to you. He is very good at explaining how things work necessary to getting your content available for the customer base. Win\win situation and it is a foundation to being able to look at changes in the game download and see what he is developing. As for the customer base, very few ever come into these forums, most only want the download to fire up and let them go piu, piu, piu in the AH3 online arenas.

When Hitech adds new items to the arena setup environment tab on your clip board menu down under Options-->>Arena Setup , he is advertising he is making a change or developing a new direction for the game. He has been adding new items to the environment tab down there since AH3 went live. All you had to do was be curious. I've never seen him not explain what items are for he puts in there.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2019, 04:05:39 PM »
 I really like WO P, beats practice in Offline as Drones at least attack. My question is, after seeing some of these posts(BUSTRS and CPT.T) can the drones and flight characteristics be "Smartened" up a bit, in a custom arena. To make it a bit more challenging and have a plane(player's plane) that will still behave like in MA. That would be great as MP arenas drones are just too OP for me :uhoh. If its a NO CAN DO, I can live with it, just wondering if its even a possibility :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2019, 04:07:55 PM »
I liked the idea of it. I liked playing it. Just hard getting the new guys going. Also I think it’s a bit confusing for guys in there with the drones and other players.
I wished that places had twenty folks in it all the time.

I found it a bit confusing when a drone of the same country was attacking me... I expect it in AH but in WO:P I thought it was country orientated.... soon learned it wasn't...but at first it was..what the....

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2019, 04:40:47 PM »
I really like WO P, beats practice in Offline as Drones at least attack. My question is, after seeing some of these posts(BUSTRS and CPT.T) can the drones and flight characteristics be "Smartened" up a bit, in a custom arena. To make it a bit more challenging and have a plane(player's plane) that will still behave like in MA. That would be great as MP arenas drones are just too OP for me :uhoh. If its a NO CAN DO, I can live with it, just wondering if its even a possibility :salute

Play around with these arena settings to tweak your AI:

AI will randomly assign difficulty levels between these values when spawned.  Wider range, more variability in the AI level between spawns.

//  I think of this as adding weight which effects turning/lift. So, 1.0 would be the normal aircrafts weight.  1.25 would be heavier than normal, making it hard to turn or even maintain alt if too heavy for lift. 
DroneTurnAbilityMin=0.750000
DroneTurnAbilityMax=1.250000

//  Max and Min G-load AI will pull
DroneGAbilityMax=7.000000
DroneGAbilityMin=5.000000

//  How close to the edge of a stall can the AI maintain control.  How ham-fisted are they.
DroneControlMax=1.000000
DroneControlMin=0.850000

// Fudge-factor for AI gunnery.  How far angle-off-nose will it allow to shoot.  Max 15 deg cone for :most difficulty.  0.0 the AI has to be lined up perfectly.   
DroneGunnerConeDegMax=8.000000
DroneGunnerConeDegMin=0.000000

// For MP mode, how many will spawn at one time?
DroneCnt=1

// Max number of AI that will target an enemy at one time.  So not every AI is all chasing one target.
DroneMaxToTarget=2

These are also now exposed in the Staged Mission Editor's Flight properties panel.

:salute

[edit]  I may not have phrased well how these ranges work.  Say G-load for instance:

When the AI spawns, it will randomly pick a number between 5.0 and 7.0  and that number (say 6.2g) would be it's max G-load ability.

***Note:  Bustr had a post somewhere I think on how to set up a custom arena to work like the MP AI spawn arena.  You could then use these settings to tweak difficulty.  I've not done that.  I've always used staged missions.
https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,396737.0.html
Looks like you could create a custom arena with the MP map and ".sgt 3" and twiddle your settings?

« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 05:25:44 PM by CptTrips »

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2019, 06:09:20 PM »
I found it a bit confusing when a drone of the same country was attacking me... I expect it in AH but in WO:P I thought it was country orientated.... soon learned it wasn't...but at first it was..what the....

Yeah. Also your country man can attack you as well. Me and bixby was I. There one night and a friendly non drone shot me down.

I really wished that would have taken off.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2019, 09:06:38 PM »
Didn't know that...so it is set up like king of the hill then... got it..... not that there is many if any on when I get to go in there....

Offline Tripp

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2019, 10:09:08 PM »
I went to World Online Pacific site and tried to download it just to see what it's like. It started the download and here's what I got " WOP.EXE 0.0/1.4GB 2 hours left" then the same thing with 1 hour left then Cancelled! Hmmm...

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2019, 10:27:05 PM »

Once you start creating content for this game, to get it into circulation for customers, Hitech has to talk to you. He is very good at explaining how things work necessary to getting your content available for the customer base. Win\win situation and it is a foundation to being able to look at changes in the game download and see what he is developing. As for the customer base, very few ever come into these forums, most only want the download to fire up and let them go piu, piu, piu in the AH3 online arenas.

When Hitech adds new items to the arena setup environment tab on your clip board menu down under Options-->>Arena Setup , he is advertising he is making a change or developing a new direction for the game. He has been adding new items to the environment tab down there since AH3 went live. All you had to do was be curious. I've never seen him not explain what items are for he puts in there.

This explains it. Thanks!

As I have said before, the AI WWI arena is a job well done. Good idea and well implemented. I say that and I am not even a huge WWI fan. I have flown in there several times.

As for making content, I only did so for H2H back in the day. Not nearly as involved as MA terrains...  not even close.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2019, 09:37:01 AM »
I went to World Online Pacific site and tried to download it just to see what it's like. It started the download and here's what I got " WOP.EXE 0.0/1.4GB 2 hours left" then the same thing with 1 hour left then Cancelled! Hmmm...

I just tested it and it downloaded at around 2 MBps. You might have had some storm or flooding internet issues or HTC is still upgrading server hardware.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2019, 03:08:41 PM »
Play around with these arena settings to tweak your AI:

AI will randomly assign difficulty levels between these values when spawned.  Wider range, more variability in the AI level between spawns.

//  I think of this as adding weight which effects turning/lift. So, 1.0 would be the normal aircrafts weight.  1.25 would be heavier than normal, making it hard to turn or even maintain alt if too heavy for lift. 
DroneTurnAbilityMin=0.750000
DroneTurnAbilityMax=1.250000

//  How close to the edge of a stall can the AI maintain control.  How ham-fisted are they.
DroneControlMax=1.000000
DroneControlMin=0.850000

// Fudge-factor for AI gunnery.  How far angle-off-nose will it allow to shoot.  Max 15 deg cone for :most difficulty.  0.0 the AI has to be lined up perfectly.   
DroneGunnerConeDegMax=8.000000
DroneGunnerConeDegMin=0.000000

// For MP mode, how many will spawn at one time?
DroneCnt=1

// Max number of AI that will target an enemy at one time.  So not every AI is all chasing one target.
DroneMaxToTarget=2

These are also now exposed in the Staged Mission Editor's Flight properties panel.

:salute

[edit]  I may not have phrased well how these ranges work.  Say G-load for instance:

When the AI spawns, it will randomly pick a number between 5.0 and 7.0  and that number (say 6.2g) would be it's max G-load ability.

***Note:  Bustr had a post somewhere I think on how to set up a custom arena to work like the MP AI spawn arena.  You could then use these settings to tweak difficulty.  I've not done that.  I've always used staged missions.
https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,396737.0.html
Looks like you could create a custom arena with the MP map and ".sgt 3" and twiddle your settings?
THANK YOU! Gonna have to give it a go...Now that I "know :uhoh" what to mess with :bolt: Here goes...hopefully something good? :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2019, 05:57:22 PM »
His statement had nothing to do with hope, he was stating basic facts.

HiTech

Not really Shuffler.....

HiTech posted on this forum Dang near everything that has been talked about and discussed in this thread....including explaining about WO:P starting out with 2 flight model settings (the full setting like in AH3 MA) and how he was starting WO:P out with a trimmed down version setting....as well as how items/things would be interchangeable between WO:P and AH3...

HiTech has been pretty open about WO:P..... What most keep overlooking is that  AH3 and WO:P are (2) completely separate online games with Special added caveats that allows the 2 separate games to have the ability to share components of each other...

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2019, 07:57:27 PM »
Not really Shuffler.....

HiTech posted on this forum Dang near everything that has been talked about and discussed in this thread....including explaining about WO:P starting out with 2 flight model settings (the full setting like in AH3 MA) and how he was starting WO:P out with a trimmed down version setting....as well as how items/things would be interchangeable between WO:P and AH3...

HiTech has been pretty open about WO:P..... What most keep overlooking is that  AH3 and WO:P are (2) completely separate online games with Special added caveats that allows the 2 separate games to have the ability to share components of each other...

Hope this helps

TC

The two separate games I was aware of.

Concerned that what little manpower there is will be used on something other than AH.

I have been standing pat with AH even though I have to agree it is not what it once was. If this other game starts taking time away from AH then the people who have been chastising the game will probably end up being right. This has been the only online game I play for the last 18 or 20 years. If it goes the way of others before it.... I'll be done with online gaming.

I would hate to see that.
80th FS "Headhunters"