Author Topic: College football 2019  (Read 61077 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: College football 2019
« Reply #405 on: December 31, 2019, 07:51:01 AM »
You guys don’t get it.  Teams schedule are made 4, 5 as much to 12 years ahead.   They're so much that goes into making them,  more than you think.
I'm sure everyone here gets it. There is not much variation in the 'top' teams year in and out. Once in a while you'll see a team rise if they had a good few recruiting classes or a star player or two.

The same goes for NCAAM Basketball.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #406 on: December 31, 2019, 07:56:14 AM »
I'm 90% sure it was sarcasm.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #407 on: December 31, 2019, 08:47:20 AM »
Partner I believe we all understand that lol. Someone said T A&M schedule was easy. I think they lost all of their merit in talking about football. Jesus that was stupid.

They should have stay in the big XII.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #408 on: December 31, 2019, 09:25:48 AM »
They should have stay in the big XII.

It has been great since going to SEC.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #409 on: December 31, 2019, 09:57:36 AM »
It has been great since going to SEC.

Getting their bellybutton pounded every year.  Ok
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #410 on: December 31, 2019, 10:23:08 AM »
Why is good competition a bad thing?

Before the fall of the Big East, Syracuse did pretty well but the competition wasn't the same as when they moved to the ACC. Now the ACC is one of the best, if not the best NCAAM conferences for Basketball and has been for quite some time. The competition is insane and the games are great to watch, even the teams at the bottom of the standings.

Compare that to a school like Gonzaga who doesn't play anybody all year, goes undefeated or close to it, then winds up with a #1 seed and struggles to keep up #1 style play when the other 3 #1 seeds are ACC teams.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #411 on: December 31, 2019, 10:43:03 AM »

They have not done badly at football. It is far more than just football though.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #412 on: December 31, 2019, 12:40:45 PM »
See rule #14
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 11:59:30 AM by hitech »
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #413 on: December 31, 2019, 12:58:13 PM »
LSU v Clemson

This game could be another good match.   Both teams are just about equal on stats.  LSU has one hell of a QB,  Clemson dose too.  Only difference is one been on the NC stage once already and winning it, but no Heisman winner.

Clemson is no stranger with the pressure right now.   Facing off against Bama and being the underdogs twice and winning both times.  They know what needs to done.  LSU been out of the NC for 12 years but confidence high.  An talent team that has proven them self this year.......I do not think LSU was consider top contenders to play in the NC at the beginning of the season.  Correct me if I am wrong.

With that both teams will be 20/30 points, final score between a FG to TD,  Clemson win.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #414 on: December 31, 2019, 01:03:45 PM »
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 11:59:54 AM by hitech »
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #415 on: December 31, 2019, 06:58:24 PM »
You guys don’t get it.  Teams schedule are made 4, 5 as much to 12 years ahead.   They're so much that goes into making them,  more than you think.

No, you don't get it. Conference schedules do not change. If a school is not SEC or Big Ten, their non conference schedule matters (unless they beat everyone by 35) and thus what you are saying has validity. However, there is 0 reason for an Alabama, Auburn, Florida, or Georgia to schedule teams like USC, Michigan, Florida St. etc. For teams in those conferences that generally fall below par, a decent non-conference schedule may help their resume in bowl season. Still, everyone in this conversation understands that schedules are made in advance and that there is no way of knowing when Oklahoma or UCLA are going to have a bad year. The point that you missed was that SEC schools have no need to peer into the future to figure out which non-SEC schools will be good in 5 years because they play the same powerhouses every year.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #416 on: December 31, 2019, 07:24:00 PM »
No, you don't get it. Conference schedules do not change. If a school is not SEC or Big Ten, their non conference schedule matters (unless they beat everyone by 35) and thus what you are saying has validity. However, there is 0 reason for an Alabama, Auburn, Florida, or Georgia to schedule teams like USC, Michigan, Florida St. etc. For teams in those conferences that generally fall below par, a decent non-conference schedule may help their resume in bowl season. Still, everyone in this conversation understands that schedules are made in advance and that there is no way of knowing when Oklahoma or UCLA are going to have a bad year. The point that you missed was that SEC schools have no need to peer into the future to figure out which non-SEC schools will be good in 5 years because they play the same powerhouses every year.

No you still not getting it. 

Guess I have to linked what it takes.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/12682846/college-football-schedules-planned-far-advance-athletic-directors-unhappy-it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2019/08/30/inside-look-at-college-footballs-scheduling-revolution/amp/

Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #417 on: December 31, 2019, 08:45:00 PM »
Okay. I am not sure what exactly you aren't understanding, so I am going to step away from this particular engagement. There is a breakdown somewhere and I do not intend on finding it. My point was, everything you are saying is irrelevant to SEC schools. A 12-0 LSU is impressive no matter who they played their 4 non-conference games against; whether it be against UCLA, Oklahoma, and Michigan or LA Tech, SE LA St., and Tulane. 12-0 LSU is impressive because of the SEC schedule which does not go through the same process you have so graciously linked us.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 08:50:08 PM by perdue3 »
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #418 on: December 31, 2019, 10:11:08 PM »
Okay. I am not sure what exactly you aren't understanding, so I am going to step away from this particular engagement. There is a breakdown somewhere and I do not intend on finding it. My point was, everything you are saying is irrelevant to SEC schools. A 12-0 LSU is impressive no matter who they played their 4 non-conference games against; whether it be against UCLA, Oklahoma, and Michigan or LA Tech, SE LA St., and Tulane. 12-0 LSU is impressive because of the SEC schedule which does not go through the same process you have so graciously linked us.

At this point I think Oak is trolling.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #419 on: January 01, 2020, 05:50:55 PM »
Wow.  Minnesota well deserved that big win.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group