Author Topic: College football 2019  (Read 62317 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: College football 2019
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2019, 03:00:24 PM »
Still the worst loss in recent memory was against Wyoming. That was my Freshman year and the only game I missed that season. It also happened to be Homecoming.
:furious THANKS for reminding me  :rofl Well at least YOU didnt get ME in scenario....your squad mates did however :aok I watched it till mid 3rd quarter...then got back in scenario as it was less painful :furious
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2019, 05:05:01 PM »
My neighbor went to Wyoming.  He told me that they beat Missouri in game 1 this year.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2019, 11:24:53 PM »
My neighbor went to Wyoming.  He told me that they beat Missouri in game 1 this year.
They sure did!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2019, 03:18:49 PM »
Army again chokes in over time loosing the OT to Michigan.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2019, 03:34:08 PM »
Yikes -- that Michigan/Army game was way too close for my comfort.  :uhoh

I greatly hope that Michigan pulls itself together quickly, because next games is Wisconsin at Camp Randall.

On the plus side, a few of the new guys are looking very good.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2019, 10:49:22 PM »
Well, there is always the Premier League. So long College Football 2019, been fun.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2019, 10:53:47 PM »
Yikes -- that Michigan/Army game was way too close for my comfort. 

Went to a lot of Army's games 2007-2009.  I don't know that anything can match the experience when the game is at West Point.

The TV networks can get some things right, and they sure did with this one:  https://www.facebook.com/CBSSports/videos/10155491432961773/?v=10155491432961773

- oldman (I know, I've posted it before.  It doesn't get old for me.)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2019, 01:48:55 AM »
Well, there is always the Premier League. So long College Football 2019, been fun.
IKR? They suckered me in to watching the whole game  :uhoh Why did TN VOLS fire Butch again?  :furious SO WHAT IF  Pruitt was on staff under Nick Saban! Can you say...unprepared for the "Lime Light"?  :furious This has me thinking, that T. Martin(Vol's Hero) and Jim Chaney(Ole Smokey Slayer of recent) was nothing more that a Shield...It aint me...I inherited this mess? SECOND YEAR MAN! WTF you guys do all Spring and Summer? Fairly certain that Doyle HS could kick their ass!  :cry

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2019, 08:34:26 AM »
IKR? They suckered me in to watching the whole game  :uhoh Why did TN VOLS fire Butch again?  :furious SO WHAT IF  Pruitt was on staff under Nick Saban! Can you say...unprepared for the "Lime Light"?  :furious This has me thinking, that T. Martin(Vol's Hero) and Jim Chaney(Ole Smokey Slayer of recent) was nothing more that a Shield...It aint me...I inherited this mess? SECOND YEAR MAN! WTF you guys do all Spring and Summer? Fairly certain that Doyle HS could kick their ass!  :cry

I don't about Doyle, but I would be interested to see Knox Catholic, Maryville, Alcoa, and Knox Central play them in practice. Anyway, NFL today may be better?
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2019, 11:21:04 AM »
Saw the last quarter of the Colorado game. Outstanding quarter and a heck of a lot of scoring on both sides. Then watched the entire TX longhorns LSU game. Had mixed feelings about the teams as I have interest in both states. Live in TX a bit south of Austin and have grasndkids (a BUNCH ofem) in Louisiana and folks in the boot state do love their LSU. Good game, both teams have gifted quarterbacks and they played with decent sportsmanship.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2019, 12:41:15 PM »
Purdue beat a trash-talking SEC team in Vanderbilt.  Funny how the trash talking ceased by the second half when it became clear they weren't winning that game.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2019, 05:15:42 PM »
The loss against BYU cemented my opinion about JG at QB. Kid has to be benched. The coaches are doing the best they can with what they have. Don’t start on the coaches. Get a solid QB and another Recruiting class and we are good to go imo.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2019, 07:37:02 PM »
The loss against BYU cemented my opinion about JG at QB. Kid has to be benched. The coaches are doing the best they can with what they have. Don’t start on the coaches. Get a solid QB and another Recruiting class and we are good to go imo.
Good point :salute I was a bit angry :furious Bourbon may have been an issue as well :D I will hang with them..no where else to go lol :rock

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2019, 11:15:47 PM »
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek