Author Topic: College football 2019  (Read 62179 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
College football 2019
« on: August 13, 2019, 03:17:01 AM »
College football is almost here!

Every year is the year that my beloved Wolverines finally beat the evil Ohio State Buckeyes for the first time in a long time.

This year, it comes true!  :aok

We Michigan fans are hoping for a higher-scoring offense this year, since we have a new offensive coordinator from Alabama, and many of our best guys are returning on offense.  Defense loses several great players to the NFL, but we are hoping that the guys behind them are still very good.

Ohio State loses one of the best coaches in the history of college football (Urban Meyer), but their new coach Ryan Day looks to be very good in that, with him as offensive coordinator, Ohio State's offense obliterated Michigan in The Game last time.  It looks like he can recruit at an elite level as well.  Last year, Ohio State's defense, despite lots of great talent, wasn't very good -- except in The Game, where they finally pulled it all together and did great.  Ohio State got rid of its defensive coordinator and got Michigan's defensive-line coach to be their new defensive coordinator.  Ohio State lost their quarterback (Haskins) to the NFL in the 1st round.  Haskins was an amazing passer.  To replace him, they got Justin Fields as a transfer from Georgia.  Justin Fields was a 5-star, #2 recruit in the country in 2018.  (Trevor Lawrence was #1 in 2018.)

So, while normally one would think that Ohio State might take a step back -- because it lost a legendary coach, lost one of the best QB's in its history, and changed its defensive coordinator -- instead it might be that Ohio State stays right up there as one of the nation's top teams without missing a beat.

I'm am really looking forward to this season to see how it all turns out.  :aok

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: College football 2019
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 03:26:14 AM »
Before playing Ohio State (currently ranked #5), Michigan must play the teams that are currently ranked #9, #14, #17, #19, and #20; and the 2nd game of the season is Army, which although not ranked in the top 25 currently, finished 2018 with an 11-2 season, one of the losses being in overtime to Oklahoma, and was ranked #19 at the end of 2018.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 07:34:46 AM »
Go Aggies!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 08:12:45 AM »
Ohio State doesn't have Purdue on their schedule this year, so maybe they can finally win another Natty.

49-20, never forgetting it.

In other news, the best player in the country plays for Purdue, but will Rondale Moore win the Heisman this year?  Purdue probably needs to go better than 6-7 (including the bowl game) like last year to get that done.  I think we'll be better, and the schedule might be easier with no Michigan nor Ohio State, so its possible.  I'm not going to get truly excited unless we start the season 5-0.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 08:23:58 AM »
Without McSorely and Barkley I'm just gonna keep quite over here in my corner. :)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 09:50:47 AM »
BOOMER!!!!!

That is all... :bolt:
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2019, 08:35:38 PM »
Without McSorely and Barkley I'm just gonna keep quite over here in my corner. :)

Michigan plays at Penn State this year, and that is always a tough place to play.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2019, 08:54:51 PM »
Michigan plays at Penn State this year, and that is always a tough place to play.

Penn State and OSU are my alma maters.  You are the enemy.

...and you always seemed like such a nice guy...

- oldman

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2019, 09:20:40 PM »
Will this be the year tOSU gets beat by Michigan? 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2019, 10:13:34 PM »
Go Vols! .500 in SEC would be a good year.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2019, 11:07:45 PM »

Penn State and OSU are my alma maters.  You are the enemy.

...and you always seemed like such a nice guy...

- oldman

I'm sneaky that way.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2019, 11:13:18 PM »
Will this be the year tOSU gets beat by Michigan?

For me, every year, is the year that Michigan beats Ohio State.

This year, I really mean it!  :aok

More seriously, Michigan seems like it could have its best team in a long time (although 2016 was quite good before Speight got injured).  However, it will depend a lot on two things.  First, will the new offensive coordinator from Alabama (Gattis) be really good at calling plays?  (I'm thinking that he will be.)  Second, will Don Brown be able to make another great defense after losing several players to the NFL?  (I'm thinking he will, and that the next guys up are very good.)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2019, 04:23:12 AM »
Go VOLS! Hey, a guy can dream!!!!! :devil
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2019, 05:14:20 PM »
Go VOLS! Hey, a guy can dream!!!!! :devil

If we can win 4 in conference, I will be happy.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2019, 06:25:13 PM »
If we can win 4 in conference, I will be happy.
AMEN  :rock I knew I liked you for some reason :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain