Author Topic: One pilot who knows how to fly.  (Read 4012 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
Re: One pilot who knows how to fly.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 07:17:15 PM »
 :aok
=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 08:12:57 PM »
One reason I advocate clearways.    Since we seem insistent on eventually populating every inch of ground for miles around airports (and elsewhere for that matter) we need places like this just in case.   
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 04:22:43 AM »
Well done.

I found it interesting they said the pilot was highly trained at 3000 hours.

He definitely flew the plane and did a great job of getting it down.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 10:10:10 AM »
Well done.

I found it interesting they said the pilot was highly trained at 3000 hours.

He definitely flew the plane and did a great job of getting it down.

....and that he “made the only right decision”. 

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 11:52:03 AM »
I was recently reading an article about Boeing and their efforts to have code programmed on the cheap to get obstructive engineers out of the loop so they could meet deliverables. The engineers thought building systems to help pilots fly complicated aircraft was more important than the deliverables and kept finding life threatening problems. Turns out the Indians who programed the MCAS were not pilots\engineers and under bid everyone else to get the contract to get into the U.S. flight systems programing industry. Boeing wanted cheap and got cheap. From what I can get out of a number of articles at Bloomberg, today's Boeing is not your father's Boeing and the people running it are not pilots\engineers anymore. And the move to North Carolina also allowed them to get out from under all their union real engineer\programmers who were very expensive and actually stopped the production line to report problems.

Funny how you can reverse the curve and a pilot who happens to be a programmer probably can program for an automated license plate reader company or a digital spectrum analysis tool for heavy industries. But, a programmer who is not a pilot can't program flight systems that he has no clue how to fly the planes the systems will work in. Another no brainer Bloomberg was worried about for the future of the commercial flight industry. Seems pure programmers are cheaper than aeronautical\flight engineers who are also programmers and keep holding up the project becasue they are capable of designing, building and flying the aircraft they are programming the flight systems for. Boeing has been outsourcing it's programming becasue their engineers have been getting in the way of delivery dates for all the right reasons.

Bloomberg could just hate Boeing and is Pro Airbus so all the articles I dug up to understand this are Kaka.....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 12:48:22 PM »
Union has nothing to do with quality or quality control.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 02:03:40 PM »
By opening shop in NC they didn't have to include the union and their programmers who knew what they were doing and more expensive. MAX production was moved to NC for many cost saving reasons.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2019, 04:12:11 PM »
You are short sited if you think union is better than non-union.

Non-union have to all work for their pay. Union means the bum gets paid the same as a hard worker.

Non-union quality probably better as everyone working on it is worth their pay scale.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2019, 05:39:19 PM »
You are short sited if you think union is better than non-union.

Non-union have to all work for their pay. Union means the bum gets paid the same as a hard worker.

Non-union quality probably better as everyone working on it is worth their pay scale.

Put the crack pipe away. I'm a paying member of a union and I bust my arse day in and day out. Union does not = lazy but the union does prevent management from firing lazy sacks if they don't follow the proper procedures to do so (paper trail).

on a contract or in a work place both paying members of a union and slugs all get the same benefits from the union (federal law).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
One pilot who knows how to fly.
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2019, 05:53:13 PM »
Union doesn't equal crap MX. A crap mechanic = crap MX

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2019, 07:56:45 PM »
'Miracle in a corn-field' He sure did have to dodge quite a few obstacles to find that spot.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2019, 12:51:45 AM »
Put the crack pipe away. I'm a paying member of a union and I bust my arse day in and day out. Union does not = lazy but the union does prevent management from firing lazy sacks if they don't follow the proper procedures to do so (paper trail).

on a contract or in a work place both paying members of a union and slugs all get the same benefits from the union (federal law).

LOL I have experience in and out of the unions.

I stand by what I said.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline mganiev

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2019, 07:30:59 AM »
There is landing video here, one of the passengers was shooting from the inside
https://iz.ru/910455/2019-08-15/poiavilos-video-posadki-samoleta-a321-v-kukuruznom-pole
Here the birds strike moment https://ria.ru/20190815/1557553410.html

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2019, 10:19:59 AM »
LOL I have experience in and out of the unions.

I stand by what I said.

You must have worked for a crappy union with weak stewards and the company had jellyfish for management.