Author Topic: How much bomb damage to destroy ground targets?  (Read 2736 times)

Offline KayBayRay

• Copper Member
How much bomb damage to destroy ground targets?
« on: September 08, 2019, 08:25:12 PM »
<S> All, SEKayBay here,

I have been out a few years and getting back to the game. Many changes with Aces High III. One thing I am missing is how much bomb damage does it take to destroy various ground targets? It appears that many if not all targets have been hardened to some extent.
I have searched the forums a bit and really didn't find any good explanations. I looked through some of the other available information but if such a new updated list exists I was unable to find it. I know there are some very detail oriented players in this community and I figure somebody out there has created such a list or somebody knows where on High Techs page I can find such a list should it exist. I would very much appreciate any kind soul's assistance.

Check Six! Feet Dry!
See You In The Sky!

<S>SEKayBay  :salute
See ya in the Sky !!

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: How much bomb damage to destroy ground targets?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 08:35:06 PM »
https://www.hitechcreations.com/arena-configuration/object-settings

Hardness is how many 1000's it takes to destroy. Just move the decimal point over 3 spots for the totals

Also, here is a pdf with the totals to destroy each object.

http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/images/trainers/bombers/levelbombing/levelbombing.pdf
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 08:51:40 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 08:41:38 PM »
You need to call up your clipboard.  Click Options > Arena Setup > Objects > Object Settings.  Look at the right column under Hard for Hardness.  All numbers are based on 1000 lbs. of ordnance.  Hardness of 2.0 requires 2000 lbs. of bombs.  Hardness of .25 requires 250 lbs. of bombs.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 09:14:33 PM »
I have been out a few years and getting back to the game.

Good to have you back!

- oldman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 04:38:56 PM »
<S> All, SEKayBay here,

I have been out a few years and getting back to the game. Many changes with Aces High III. One thing I am missing is how much bomb damage does it take to destroy various ground targets? It appears that many if not all targets have been hardened to some extent.
I have searched the forums a bit and really didn't find any good explanations. I looked through some of the other available information but if such a new updated list exists I was unable to find it. I know there are some very detail oriented players in this community and I figure somebody out there has created such a list or somebody knows where on High Techs page I can find such a list should it exist. I would very much appreciate any kind soul's assistance.

Check Six! Feet Dry!
See You In The Sky!

<S>SEKayBay  :salute

Welcome back!!

It always takes a little more than I have.... no matter how much I have.  :bhead
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 02:29:41 AM »
Welcome back!!

It always takes a little more than I have.... no matter how much I have.  :bhead
Calibration... is your friend! Or in YOUR CASE....drop on the Middle one!  :devil Damn Margarita...what a B%$#@  :neener:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 12:31:48 PM »
I would say until it blows up. There is some good info in the previous posts! Welcome back!
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 01:28:46 PM »
You need to call up your clipboard.  Click Options > Arena Setup > Objects > Object Settings.  Look at the right column under Hard for Hardness.  All numbers are based on 1000 lbs. of ordnance.  Hardness of 2.0 requires 2000 lbs. of bombs.  Hardness of .25 requires 250 lbs. of bombs.

Also not all bombs are created equal, 4 250lb bombs do more damage than 1 1000lb bomb and so on

then there are the AP and HC bombs
Pies not kicks.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 04:41:42 PM »
Also not all bombs are created equal, 4 250lb bombs do more damage than 1 1000lb bomb and so on

then there are the AP and HC bombs

Photobombs?   

You get the picture     :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2019, 06:42:18 PM »

Also, here is a pdf with the totals to destroy each object.

http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/images/trainers/bombers/levelbombing/levelbombing.pdf

I think  that this is dated stuff.  I.e.

"Radar 1 250 lb    2 hours Kills field radar in a 12.5 mile radius "

=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline DLXIRON

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2019, 04:18:38 PM »
How many 1000lbs bombs does it generally take YOU to drop a vehicle hanger?

In the arena settings it says it should only take three but it generally takes me nine with a very high accuracy hit!  At the same time it generally takes me 12-15 85mm HE rounds to drop the hanger.  Something just doesn’t seem right!

Dougie

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2019, 04:22:08 PM »
How many 1000lbs bombs does it generally take YOU to drop a vehicle hanger?

In the arena settings it says it should only take three but it generally takes me nine with a very high accuracy hit!  At the same time it generally takes me 12-15 85mm HE rounds to drop the hanger.  Something just doesn’t seem right!

Dougie

When in formation I drop 2 from each buff (6 total), the splash damage from the outside buffs of the formation drop the rest of the hanger.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2019, 04:50:41 PM »

Tank HE rounds do much more damage relative to their size (this is also true for bombs <1000lbs, the smaller it is, the higher the explosive damage/lbs of bomb weight).
I don't have the actual value for the 85mm HE at hand, but the 88mm HE round does 234lb of damage, that's 12 rounds for any hangar.
And unlike tank rounds, most of your bombs don't actually hit the hangar directly, so there's less damage applied than the 1000lb a 1k bomb is rated for.
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2019, 05:56:43 PM »
As I remember...dont do tanks very much these days, I got better results on hangers dropping 2 500lb per bomber on a hanger. seemed it was more efficient than 1 1000lb bomb per hanger. I hated the waste of 2 1000 per bomber, yes it works...but its a bit over kill when 2 500s would do it. BIG TIP..for hangers, MAKE SURE you are properly calibrated. For Towns it isnt as much an issue...Throttles to the wall and simple 5 second calibration= success, do that on any hanger= second drop usually
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2019, 06:02:15 PM »
As I remember...dont do tanks very much these days, I got better results on hangers dropping 2 500lb per bomber on a hanger. seemed it was more efficient than 1 1000lb bomb per hanger.

1 1000lb bomb does 1000lb of damage, 2 500lb bombs = 1124lb of damage  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman