Author Topic: Cross country PMs disabled. Why?  (Read 5235 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Cross country PMs disabled. Why?
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2019, 03:35:58 PM »
I know the folks who work hard to fill the scenarios and such will not like it. We PM folks in the Mains to remind them of the time and to invite them to come fly in the scenario when trying to fill slots.

It's simply a flag set in the communication flags. I coded it long long ago. I simply turned it on today.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2019, 03:39:20 PM »
Classic case of a few bad apples ruining it for the rest  :aok

Yes.  But they don't have to.  There are better ways to do it than eliminating it for all, with the added benefit that it wouldn't matter what side the a-holes are on.

Yeah, if they implemented better squelch functionality and PM filtering and so on, you might be subjected to one rant from someone before you squelch them.  You also eliminate the possibility that you might make a new friend.  The guys on the other countries are not all terrible people.  Except the Bish.  (the sad thing is I need to say that's sarcasm because it seems enough people truly think that or take offense because someone would say that and mean it)

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2019, 05:31:17 PM »
I take it the offender was Cell?
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2019, 07:22:51 PM »
So a failure to deal with the reported, reapeated, offender.. we all lose the ability to conversate with the rest of the community via pm?
I can tell my the context of the PM who that is.  Why not disable pms for the offenders, rather than the entire game?

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2019, 07:40:53 PM »
Why not disable pms for the offenders, rather than the entire game?

Because in circumstances like those in HTC's exhibit, we've probably lost a player for good.  And it wasn't the low-life Epsilon-minus semi-moron who sent the PM.

For those situations like Fork and SlipKnt have described, we'll just have to send the message on 200 and hope it's seen, or on squad channel, or on some other pre-designated frequency.

Really, even I am surprised by what HTC posted.  I'd thought much better of our clan.

- oldman

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2019, 08:55:37 PM »

Because in circumstances like those in HTC's exhibit, we've probably lost a player for good.  And it wasn't the low-life Epsilon-minus semi-moron who sent the PM.

For those situations like Fork and SlipKnt have described, we'll just have to send the message on 200 and hope it's seen, or on squad channel, or on some other pre-designated frequency.

Really, even I am surprised by what HTC posted.  I'd thought much better of our clan.

- oldman

I’ve have received some colorful ones myself, I guess I just have thick skin. BTW I thinks it’s a bad idea, I have in the past pm’d people “newbs” with gentile critiques of their errors and given some advice. I’m positive others have done the same.

Chuikov

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2019, 05:18:02 AM »
actually I think it's pretty cool they got rid of the messages.  had a guy on Tuesday boasting basically that he was smarter than his squadies.  so he gave us his new way of playing including start up times.  guess I'll be looking for him on tuesday.  he was kind of nasty but hey, at least his squadies have class and gave us a good fight, they got some of us, we got some of them, it's all about the fight.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2019, 08:33:21 AM »
200 chat was livelier than usual yesterday.   Correlation?

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2019, 08:41:23 AM »
I know the folks who work hard to fill the scenarios and such will not like it. We PM folks in the Mains to remind them of the time and to invite them to come fly in the scenario when trying to fill slots.

We can just turn it off or on, dude. No worries.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2019, 10:16:01 AM »
I think disabling cross country pm's is the right thing to do. esp for new players so they can't send nasty pm's and they can't receive them.

if you want ot talk to someone in another country just put there name in the vox radio channel 5/squad squad channel radio, and they can do the same.
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2019, 12:20:22 PM »
+1

People get upset for all kinds of reasons. Maybe internet lag caused their shot to not be recorded by the server in time, or some other anomaly occurred that cannot be explained. We are connected to the server over vast distances.

Everyone has the option to auto-record their sorties and then send them in to HiTech for review when something strange happens. I often watch a sortie to find out what happened.

We all come into the main arena to have some fun. Verbal harassment from pm's makes players quit or find something else to do.

My two cents
 :salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2019, 01:44:41 PM »
If the person that sent the PM that HT posted a SS of is still in the game shame of HTC. :mad:
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2019, 02:27:16 PM »
Yes.  But they don't have to.  There are better ways to do it than eliminating it for all, with the added benefit that it wouldn't matter what side the a-holes are on.

Yeah, if they implemented better squelch functionality and PM filtering and so on, you might be subjected to one rant from someone before you squelch them.  You also eliminate the possibility that you might make a new friend.  The guys on the other countries are not all terrible people.  Except the Bish.  (the sad thing is I need to say that's sarcasm because it seems enough people truly think that or take offense because someone would say that and mean it)

Wiley.

I'm guessing u are 1 of the ones whom squeak on chnl 200  :rofl :rofl :rofl
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2019, 02:31:09 PM »
I'm guessing u are 1 of the ones whom squeak on chnl 200  :rofl :rofl :rofl

Keep guessing.  :rofl :rofl :rofl

I just don't think this game needs more isolation of people.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2019, 03:16:55 PM »
Keep guessing.  :rofl :rofl :rofl

I just don't think this game needs more isolation of people.

Wiley.

They can still talk on 200. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.