Author Topic: Two sides  (Read 15218 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Two sides
« on: December 11, 2019, 06:51:08 AM »
I have read that just having two sided would be good for the game.

I am on Knights for years i would opt to get rid of this side as they are on the hole rubbish in game.

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Re: Two sides
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 07:44:27 AM »
They do have a two sided arena.  It's called Axis vs Allies.  Have you seen the mass number of players there?
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 08:08:13 AM »
Hero’s and Generals had a two sided war for years, 1 side won every war for 2 straight years because every player flocked to that side. Wasn’t till soviet side was added that the streak was broke up.

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 08:16:08 AM »
They do have a two sided arena.  It's called Axis vs Allies.  Have you seen the mass number of players there?

Apples to oranges.   They are not directly comparable. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 08:17:07 AM »
Hero’s and Generals had a two sided war for years, 1 side won every war for 2 straight years because every player flocked to that side. Wasn’t till soviet side was added that the streak was broke up.

Sounds just like here, where one side is generally ignored.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 09:12:00 AM »
Well i dont even bother anymore to log in on EU time evening or daytime. Last 10 times i did, i could only find one guy to fight and he was in a P38 at 35K. Only bothered to come down and jump me after i slowed down and showed my tail on purpose. He compressed and continued to lawndart.. Heck i was so bored..

It saddens me that i feel this way about AH right now, since there is nothing more than love from me for this game and players.

I would be in favor of 2 sides if that brings some action back into the EU timezone. I always preferred the 3 sides, i thought it was cool and it worked pretty wel. But no longer.

I used to play this game 40 to 60 hours a week for years and i want to have a reason to do this again.

I am still around for scenario's before anyone says i don't play and have no right to talk. Scenario's are still pretty dope :aok

Dutch

EDIT: i always seem to be stuck on the wrong country, that doesn't help either. #1hoursideswitchtimer!!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 09:18:53 AM by TWCAxew »
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 09:13:05 AM »

I don't see mass numbers in the 3-sided either.  Less and less every day, actually. 

I do think 3-sides was perfect back when we had 400-600 players.  So, I'm not against 3-sides.

:salute

[Zack, I'd think the owner of Aces High would have better things to do than troll the BBS!   :rofl]

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2019, 09:21:03 AM »
Beat a dead horse.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2019, 09:32:14 AM »

That's impossible.  I have been assured ad nauseum that this would never happen with a two sided war in a game similar to AH.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2019, 09:39:51 AM »
That's impossible.  I have been assured ad nauseum that this would never happen with a two sided war in a game similar to AH.

As much as having 3-sides is the most perfect configuration that never becomes unbalanced and will draw hundreds of players from across the internet when they hear rumor that we have 3 chess pieces fighting it out!

Of course no one ever said that, but if we are going to start throwing around strawman arguments, equal time is only fair.   :D

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2019, 09:45:34 AM »
As much as having 3-sides is the most perfect configuration that never becomes unbalanced and will draw hundreds of players from across the internet when they hear rumor that we have 3 chess pieces fighting it out!

Of course no one ever said that, but if we are going to start throwing around strawman arguments, equal time is only fair.   :D

Where's the strawman?  I've said all along that going to two sides would produce similar results to what happened in H and G.  That's infinity percent more examples than have been provided of 3 sides going to 2 not producing it.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2019, 09:54:56 AM »
Where's the strawman?  I've said all along that going to two sides would produce similar results to what happened in H and G.  That's infinity percent more examples than have been provided of 3 sides going to 2 not producing it.

Wiley.

The strawman was your attempt to imply someone claimed 2-sides would magically never have side balancing issues that need to be managed.

The argument has always been that 2-sides will have no worse side-balancing issues that 3-sides. 

3-sides has virtually no effect on side balancing.   It was so ineffective at it that the ENY system had to be designed.  ENY is a more powerful balancing mechanism than 3-sides.  ENY can function just as well with 2-sides.

2-sides would tend to concentrate the fights, which is what you need with anemic numbers.  Shorter frontage which every point can be accessed by all players. 
3-sides spread the fight out, which is useful to avoid cluster-fks when you have 600 players.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2019, 09:55:58 AM »
I think they should go to a single side! Then we can roll maps really quickly!

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2019, 09:57:40 AM »

The strawman was your attempt to imply someone claimed 2-sides would magically never have side balancing issues that need to be managed.

Not at all what I said.  What I've been saying all along is you'd wind up with constant one-sided battles with one side being the "winners" and the other side being the "losers".  Oddly similar to what happened with H and G.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2019, 09:58:38 AM »
I think they should go to a single side! Then we can roll maps really quickly!

I think we should go 8 sides!!!!!