Author Topic: Two sides  (Read 15227 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Two sides
« Reply #255 on: December 15, 2019, 07:36:11 PM »
So what you are saying is that by denying players smaller maps with shorter flight times, you are wanting to force them to play the way you want them to by forcing boring long flights to empty bases?

Why is forcing larger maps on players that want smaller maps different than forcing smaller maps on people that want larger maps?

And aren't you forcing 3 sides on people that want two?

Any change you make or don't make , whether making smaller maps or larger maps or keeping them  the same, or go 2-sided or stay 3-sided is always going to force something on someone that doesn't like it.

#Burn
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #256 on: December 15, 2019, 07:55:23 PM »
So what you are saying is that by denying players smaller maps with shorter flight times, you are wanting to force them to play the way you want them to by forcing boring long flights to empty bases?

Why is forcing larger maps on players that want smaller maps different than forcing smaller maps on people that want larger maps?

And aren't you forcing 3 sides on people that want two?

Any change you make or don't make , whether making smaller maps or larger maps or keeping them  the same, or go 2-sided or stay 3-sided is always going to force something on someone that doesn't like it.

Not really... you first logged into this game with three sides and large maps (and yes..larger numbers which as we see has caused an unwanted change in itself)... so ultimately the only forcing of players ways would be to change the whole original game set up....If you wanted two sides you should have played another game all these years  ...

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #257 on: December 15, 2019, 08:02:29 PM »

Not really... you first logged into this game with three sides and large maps (and yes..larger numbers which as we see has caused an unwanted change in itself)... so ultimately the only forcing of players ways would be to change the whole original game set up....If you wanted two sides you should have played another game all these years  ...

When I first started playing the C-Hog was not perked.  Now it is.
When I first started playing there was no ENY system.  Now there is.

Are you saying nothing in the game can ever be changed for any reason ever, even if it is desperately needed?  Because that is not the way it used to be?

« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 08:05:20 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #258 on: December 15, 2019, 08:05:07 PM »

When I first started playing the C-Hog was not perked.  Now it is.
When I first started playing there was no ENY system.  Now there is.

Are you saying nothing in the game can ever be changed for any reason even, even if it is desperately needed?  Because that is not the way it used to be?

Curse you LOGIC!  :bhead
”KILLER V”

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #259 on: December 15, 2019, 08:12:21 PM »
No cptrips, I didn't say that you did, if I had wanted to say that I would have typed it myself.

I'm questioning the idea that players are spread too thin because maps are too large. I think it's because players don't want to be concentrated on a base or two.  So how do I know that?  Well the fact they aren't concentrating on a base it two.  If they wanted to, the map doesn't stop them from doing it.

Think about that.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #260 on: December 15, 2019, 08:15:32 PM »
I was talking to my wife about this with two sides ganging up on the third and she said she much prefers a 2v1 over a 1v1. I'm not entirely sure she was talking about AH though.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #261 on: December 15, 2019, 08:16:03 PM »
I was talking to my wife about this with two sides ganging up on the third and she said she much prefers a 2v1 over a 1v1. I'm not entirely sure she was talking about AH though.

lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #262 on: December 15, 2019, 08:16:30 PM »
No cptrips, I didn't say that you did, if I had wanted to say that I would have typed it myself.

I'm questioning the idea that players are spread too thin because maps are too large. I think it's because players don't want to be concentrated on a base or two.  So how do I know that?  Well the fact they aren't concentrating on a base it two.  If they wanted to, the map doesn't stop them from doing it.

Think about that.

semp

Then they should play offline.   Seriously. 

"The maps aren't too big, it's the players who got small." - Apologies to Norma Desmond
”KILLER V”

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #263 on: December 15, 2019, 08:18:05 PM »

I was married to one who used to say that very thing.   :rofl
”KILLER V”

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #264 on: December 15, 2019, 08:20:48 PM »
PS ... My game time is when most are sleeping...so I know what low numbers means... and what it affects trust me... but the game is the game..(can you image the cry from whatever chess piece gets cut hahahaha) .. infact all of this negative vibe helps nothing.... sure we are only a few of the people who play this game here on the forum... however the sentiment gets dragged in game by the loudest people ... I myself am an instigator of such things from time to time....
Do I like the lower numbers...Not really.

Do I want the game to die..not at all (as I said...this is the only game I have an interest for).. .

Do I think big changes would work...no... However I do think these days map design is important...and we have a couple of maps that work well even with very little numbers....
This is an area I believe should be worked on... I have tried in the past but...my patients doesn't allow me to do the things that buster has done

There are still good days..and this is totally player based,which is what keeps me coming back....

I don't care about 2 sides 3 side big map small map ... in game vibe is where it is at for me
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 08:40:11 PM by SPKmes »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #265 on: December 15, 2019, 08:26:55 PM »
This brings up another point: the difficulty in making maps.

I find it somewhat difficult to do.   Not the ideas themselves but rather the interface to do it.   It would be great for it to be more like. Sim City classic or Starcraft where you can click and drop.    Build your stuff out.   Save file.   BOOM.  Done.

”KILLER V”

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #266 on: December 15, 2019, 08:30:26 PM »

So really maps should be 4x larger than they are now.  That would be even better.

Or perhaps each country should be placed in it's own arena so that no one accidentally runs into an enemy?

How do you think this odd world of seemingly robot planes flying around to empty bases on auto-pilot appears to new people trying the game?  Seriously.

Do you think they log off and think, WOW, I want to sign up and fly around on auto-pilot?  In fact I want to get all my friends to join so we can all fly around on auto-pilot together!

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #267 on: December 15, 2019, 08:38:27 PM »

So really maps should be 4x larger than they are now.  That would be even better.

Or perhaps each country should be placed in it's own arena so that no one accidentally runs into an enemy?

How do you think this odd world of seemingly robot planes flying around to empty bases on auto-pilot appears to new people trying the game?  Seriously.

Do you think they log off and think, WOW, I want to sign up and fly around on auto-pilot?  In fact I want to get all my friends to join so we can all fly around on auto-pilot together!

Woah woah sailor ....Did you read what he said.... I think you are too invested in this discussion... you need to take a break and get a drink hahahaha......

I agree.... V ... that is my problem... well actually my problem is I'm too dumb to computer.... I need drag and drop to help me.... that could make for boring maps though... I know Buster must have spent a load of time just decorating the train let alone working on the base placement...

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #268 on: December 15, 2019, 08:40:58 PM »

Well, he (Semp) seems to advocate allowing players to "do what they want to do" [so long as it's not combat].   Bigger maps would certainly facilitate that. 
”KILLER V”

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #269 on: December 15, 2019, 08:41:39 PM »
PS ... My game time is when most are sleeping...so I know what low numbers means... and what it affects trust me... but the game is the game..

No, the game is whatever Hitech codes to to be.

Code isn't chiseled in stone for a reason.  It is meant to be changed when you need to improve things.

:salute