Author Topic: GV question  (Read 475 times)

Offline delta7

• Zinc Member
GV question
« on: December 16, 2019, 09:11:19 AM »
Using the mouse, The commanders view moves normally, but in the gunners view it is too slow. Even with the dpi turned all the way up on my mouse I cannot keep up with a moving tank. Works fine with a joystick but I don't like having to switch back and forth from mouse to joystick in the middle of a tank fight. Is there a setting in the game to adjust the speed of the turret in gunners view using a mouse?

Thanks
 delta7

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: GV question
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 09:42:00 AM »
turret speeds are locked to what each tank had in real life. To turn the turret faster you have to be turning the tank as well

Offline delta7

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 10:22:37 AM »
I guess I am not making myself clear. I don't want to make the turret turn faster, I want the mouse to control the turret faster. Try using the mouse and switch from commander view to gunners view and you will see what i am talking about. I don't understand why there should be a difference there in the control speed of each? I was hoping it was a setting I could change so i could use just the mouse for both views. The tank I am referring to is the M4 76 model.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 10:25:17 AM by delta7 »

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 02:52:21 PM »
To be clear: When you are in commander position and you pan right or left your view will move much faster than the turret moves. If you pan right 120 degrees and stop for instance you will be looking 120 degrees to your right pretty much instantly however the turret will still be turning until it lines up with your view. Inside the gun sight the view will only move as fast as the turret turns. If you already understand this sorry for over explaining. Otherwise notice the dingus that you can see in commander position, it shows how fast you are traveling, what direction you are looking in and where the main gun is pointed.
Pies not kicks.

Offline delta7

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 08:26:06 PM »
Thanks for your reply. Yea I already knew that. I have played here off and on since 2008 or 2009. I have used the joystick to control the tank in the past and it worked well. I was wanting to try and use the mouse instead this time around but ran into this issue. When in the commander position i can move my mouse on my mouse pad just a small amount and the turret will swing 90 degrees. When in the gunners position I have to swipe my mouse all the way across my mouse pad a half a dozen times to get it to move 90 degrees. That is best I can do to explain it.  I guess I'm just use to the joystick. It will move the turret at maximum speed when in the gunners position.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 08:58:16 PM by delta7 »