Author Topic: Kills should go to the last player who put the final bullet in the plane  (Read 2673 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Kills should go to the last player who put the final bullet in the plane
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2020, 09:19:50 PM »
I admit that I over reacted a bit today, but I enjoyed some of the other ideas.

I do like it in some cases but I get real tired of getting assist in 109s with 3 cannons and 2 50s.. or a 30MM that crushes a plane but only gets an assist. Sometimes I can't even believe that the plane I hit had more damage than what I gave it...

Kill stealing and ganging will never stop. Once more than 2 planes are on a guy. Its anyones guess who will get the kill.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 09:24:27 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2020, 09:36:00 PM »
..and maybe we need to also add is within 3000 yards of the death/crash?

Not necessarily.  I shoot someone up, and he tries to fly home.  He gets halfway there and then his engine quits and he crashes.  I still caused the kill, even if he is a couple miles away by then.

Sure, it is irritating to just get an assist sometimes. But truthfully, I don't care who kilt him as long as he got kilt.  This is war, man!   :airplane:
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2020, 10:09:41 PM »
[quote author=DmonSlyr link=topic=399180.msg5290934#msg5290934 date=1581650390

Kill stealing and ganging will never stop. Once more than 2 planes are on a guy. Its anyones guess who will get the kill.
[/quote]
The KS'ing did stop thanks to the current system.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2020, 08:01:25 AM »
[quote author=DmonSlyr link=topic=399180.msg5290934#msg5290934 date=1581650390

The KS'ing did stop thanks to the current system.

Not so sure about that lol.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2020, 10:39:28 AM »
The kill is awarded to the player who does the most damage (prior to the plane being deemed not flyable) and is still alive.

HiTech

Curious, what parts are deemed necessary to be flyable? I assume a vertical.stab or entire wing? Or on fire?

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2020, 11:33:15 AM »
Or how about a System message that says "Even though "insert name" thinks they flew well enough, and shot enough bullets and cannon to have earned the kill for "insert name", they really did not.  And then the system plays a kinda waa waa horn sound?   :D

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2020, 12:20:58 PM »
Since the MA is not heavily populated like a decade ago. Hitech might have a short term database that lasts for 30min to which only you can see who killed you and who you killed\assisted. As part of that info, the percentage of damage incurred by your targets and some gauge reference to help understand why your percentage was not the killing percentage. The text scroll box already does a shorter version of this when you expand it. But, you don't get any percentage of damage info. That might have helped Dmonslyr to understand why he didn't get the kill. Or, wind him up even tighter to cry foul here in the forums......

You can toggle on the damage list and know your own state during a fight. There has always been an undercurrent in AH of wanting some way to resolve "what really happened to my target". Which other games invest a bit more in that kind of feed back.

Might make for some entertaining ch200 conversations.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline toasted

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2020, 12:55:52 PM »
Even just a little pop out window from the hanger where you can see the last sortie perks would be awesome.
doesnt need to show anything beyond the last flight.

it would be cool if it broke down the percentages of what you attacked and what attacked you.

also perk points for assists should be a thing, they are mostly unused anyway so its not like it would break the game, and it adds to the feeling like i accomplished something even by getting some assists.

i mocked up a super simple drawing of what i mean, it would not need to be very complicated at all to give lots of good info.

and I dont see any real downsides that would hurt the gameplay in any way.

call it a quality of life improvement.\

see attached image.(very quick mockup)
"fly as far as you can into the crash"

Offline toasted

• Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2020, 12:56:34 PM »
didnt like the attached image...
https://ibb.co/KVkK5sq

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2020, 02:14:31 PM »
Not so sure about that lol.
I’m talking about actual kill stealing. You shoot both wings off and the tail and as the fuselage is falling to earth some dweeb swoops in and explodes the falling former airplane and gets the kill.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2020, 02:17:39 PM »
Even just a little pop out window from the hanger where you can see the last sortie perks would be awesome.
That already exist. Perks earned last sortie, on the clipboard in the hangar.

Offline toasted

• Copper Member
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2020, 02:19:53 PM »
That already exist. Perks earned last sortie, on the clipboard in the hangar.

i get that it shows the overall perks from the last sortie.
take a peak at the image i attached, what im really looking for is a breakdown of the damage i did and the damage that was done to me.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2020, 02:27:15 PM »
I’m talking about actual kill stealing. You shoot both wings off and the tail and as the fuselage is falling to earth some dweeb swoops in and explodes the falling former airplane and gets the kill.

nope this doesn't happen.

se
mp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2020, 03:21:51 PM »
nope this doesn't happen.

Not these days, because of the way kills are awarded.  Back in the day, it was not rare to see friendlies chasing a doomed opponent to the ground, emptying their ammunition into his unflyable plane just so they could be the last to get a hit.

- oldman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2020, 04:15:35 PM »

Not these days, because of the way kills are awarded.  Back in the day, it was not rare to see friendlies chasing a doomed opponent to the ground, emptying their ammunition into his unflyable plane just so they could be the last to get a hit.

- oldman

well back in the day i was single and very handsome.  girls would fight for me.

now they dare each other to sit with me.   same as for the kill.  you can shoot all you want you won't even get an assist now.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.