Author Topic: Do not underestimate the power of name in lights.  (Read 9893 times)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
Re: Do not underestimate the power of name in lights.
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2020, 07:36:29 PM »
Seriously, the new "everyone killed everyone" thing is moderately annoying, but imo it's not enough to drive ppl away from game. There certainly should be an opt-out though that doesn't destroy other useful data without potentially having to switch from one tab to another in the middle of a fight.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2020, 01:33:49 AM »
Several players have suggested work-arounds.  You can create a second message window tab for the System messages (including the kill messages), and drag that tab to create a second window.  Then use the Message Window Size (tilde) key command to toggle the size of the windows.  I have a controller button mapped to toggle window size.

I have two windows, one that normally shows two lines of System messages and one that shows 4 lines of all other messages.  Both expand to 10 lines using the window size toggle.  This allows me to read Country channel messages without kill messages scrolling past, and expand the System messages when I need to see 'object destroyed', salvo, etc.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: February 29, 2020, 12:07:15 AM »
“Name in Lights” is working.  i have not seen this much enthusiasm in years.
I see my usual buddies chuckling on range. That makes the game fun.
Even Scottie is laughin’ . Scottie rarely laughs   :D :D :D

IMHO of course 

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: February 29, 2020, 02:24:13 AM »
Hah, I remember asking for this to be reinstated a few years back, as I had many fond memories of the instant messaging in this department.  It was fun for so many reasons.  Worth a re sub in my case at least.