Author Topic: Spam Game Messaging  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
Re: Spam Game Messaging
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2020, 12:52:25 PM »
Sometimes when I see player X killed player Y (repeat, repeat, repeat) and I know they are gv'ers........I go join that fight if I can.  :aok

As long as Scotty does not start picking on my M-8....I am good.    :D :D

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2020, 12:59:47 PM »
Dcs and il2 show every kill...just saying
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2020, 01:34:06 PM »
Dcs and il2 show every kill...just saying

The Battlefield series up to V always has. 

AH did for half of it's existence.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2020, 04:55:16 PM »

The people that are crying about this crack me up...

OK...we very well need a check box for just the kill messages...that way the tears will stop...

Its not enough there is already a check box for it but we need one....and we need it bad....matter of fact....I'm gonna vote with my wallet....if I don't get a check box or some way to turn off the kill messages...don't take it personal Hitech...I don't care if I can have a whole other text window with just the kill messages in it...it sucks....this sucks...I don't want change...and damnit I don't want people to see Rud3boi killed me...
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2020, 10:59:08 AM »
There are far too many R's and K's being posted. I want a check box to ignore certain letters of the alphabet.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2020, 11:20:23 AM »

Battlefield V has it, you just have to turn it on. That was something I saw people complaining they wanted back on the BF forums.

Offline Excaliber

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2020, 11:33:35 AM »
Its HItech's sandbox, we are just invited to play in it.
Yup, A privilege we pay for....until it no longer suits us to do so.

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2020, 01:10:22 PM »
Not pointing a finger at Hitech so much as pointing out, paradigm shifts happen in all things. Those who fail to adjust to the shift fall by the wayside. A good example is Kodak. They failed to adjust to electronic imaging and now there’s only one Kodak film processing facility in the whole country. This game is a great MMO style game, I think one of the top 5. There are big things that can be done and there are little things that can be done to keep this game alive. Some of the little things are things like flying off the map bombing and bailing, these things hurt gameplay.  All the other top MMO’s seem to have dealt with this why high-tech doesn’t I don’t know. if I were Hitech I would be seriously looking into future updates of the game as it might relate to adding in first person shooter like ww2online has.
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Excaliber

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2020, 01:28:46 PM »
Not pointing a finger at Hitech so much as pointing out, paradigm shifts happen in all things. Those who fail to adjust to the shift fall by the wayside. A good example is Kodak. They failed to adjust to electronic imaging and now there’s only one Kodak film processing facility in the whole country. This game is a great MMO style game, I think one of the top 5. There are big things that can be done and there are little things that can be done to keep this game alive. Some of the little things are things like flying off the map bombing and bailing, these things hurt gameplay.  All the other top MMO’s seem to have dealt with this why high-tech doesn’t I don’t know. if I were Hitech I would be seriously looking into future updates of the game as it might relate to adding in first person shooter like ww2online has.

Well, lets just get to the point..............
Hitech, is this posting every kill in the text buffer going to remain indefinitely? IF so will you consider a option in the text editor to turn off only that feature to effectively allow the text buffer to perform as before.