Author Topic: Western Europe Problems  (Read 476 times)

LJK Raubvogel

Western Europe Problems
« on: August 22, 2000, 12:52:00 AM »
When I try to use MapMaker for a map of W. Europe, I only get ground cover. No relief or elevation. When I check the DOS box, it gives me error messages..error opening file w020n90.dem. I unzipped and untarred this file in the right spot, and it's the right size. Also, it works fine in other parts of the world. Relief and elevation are no problem any place else. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Offline jihad

• Nickel Member
Western Europe Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2000, 01:31:00 AM »
 Incorrect latitude/longitude for the dem file. Try these coordinates,they will get you in the general area - adjust from there.

LJK Raubvogel

Western Europe Problems
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2000, 01:43:00 AM »
Thanks, but that's not it. I have the right coordinates, it shows up fine for ground cover. But even with the coordinates you gave me, I get no elevation or relief. Must be a corrput file or something.

Offline Ogre

• Zinc Member
      • http://reaper@cris.com/
Western Europe Problems
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2000, 06:43:00 AM »
LJK Raubvogel

Check the other thread you posted to for some suggestions (although I see you've tried some already).

Also, you didn't by chance change the filename for that dem did you?  (it needs to be left as is).

We'll figure it out    It's a pretty common area for many folks making terrains.

-Ogre

MaxImm

Western Europe Problems
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2000, 10:11:00 PM »
I also DL'd western Europe terrain (Battle of Britain you know)...

Forgive me if this sounds a bit pretentous but I kept opening and closing the editor thinking it wasn't loading properly.  Then I came to realize it was there all the time.  When the map loaded the center start point was in the middle of the English Channel (Black Sea).  In fact I had to navigate practically all the way to the Eastern front (lower right corner of map) before I came into a mountain range.  Britain is pretty flat too for that matter.  Just thought I would throw my 2 1/2 pents in.  

LJK Raubvogel

Western Europe Problems
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2000, 02:09:00 PM »
No problem with loading, my problem is no elevation or relief while in the MapMaker. I get the ground cover just fine. Think I have a corrupt map tile.

------------------
LJK_Raubvogel
Luftjäger I-13
Luftjägerkorps