Author Topic: COVID-19 (No Politics or Economics Please)  (Read 5128 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
COVID-19 (No Politics or Economics Please)
« on: April 01, 2020, 07:09:19 PM »
In reference: https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,399049.0.html

Let's try again. Too much important information being share to let the political BS silence the conversation.

We broke 1000 deaths in a single day.

And we are not even anywhere close to the peak.

The next battle front is going to be the community production of expedient PPE.

I purchase materials and am having shipped to my Mom who is going to teach my niece how to sew and they are going to make masks for our family members.  After we are covered, if they still are interested, I told them I would buy them more and they can make masks for donation to the local hospital down the road. 

A cottage industry of homemade masks are going to be the Victory Gardens of this war.

Even Homemade mask help a lot more than nothing.
https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/diy-homemade-mask-protect-virus-coronavirus/

Even common material like cleaned t-shirts are surprisingly effective: https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/best-materials-make-diy-face-mask-virus/

There are many free patterns out there:

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=111&v=VcQ69_ANsRA&feature=emb_logo

Pattern:
https://freesewing.org/fu-facemask-freesewing.org.letter.pdf

Instructions:
https://freesewing.org/docs/patterns/fu/instructions/

Do you have family members who can sew?  Those who can't, can contribute materials.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: COVID-19 (No Politics or Economics Please)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 07:21:55 PM »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 08:50:59 PM »
Interesting thing about statistics.

USA and Japan.

USA
Pop: 303million
Cases: 229,873
Deaths: 5,824
Largest City, New York, Pop: 8.5million. Deaths: 2,219

Japan
Pop: 126,476,461
Cases: 2,590
Deaths: 57
Largest City, Tokyo, Pop: 13.9million. Deaths: 56. One death on Hokkaido island.

Japan is doing pretty much what the USA is doing by asking their people to comply and Japan is a culture of compliance to get along. But, they are doing one thing we mostly don't here in the USA. They wear masks when they go into public at all times during this event.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 09:12:59 PM »
All the countries that wear masks did better than average. If we had masks they'd tell us to wear them instead of saying they only help medical staff. I agree they get priority but we should never have been short.

Something like 40% of infected have no symptoms and wearing masks reduce spreading the virus that they don't know they have.

Wearing masks also reduces your chance of catching the virus even if you don't wear it properly.

We had a national strategic stockpile of masks that was depleted in 2009 and never restocked.  I look forward to the CDC getting a thorough house cleaning when this is over. 

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 09:29:55 PM »

Japan is doing pretty much what the USA is doing by asking their people to comply and Japan is a culture of compliance to get along. But, they are doing one thing we mostly don't here in the USA. They wear masks when they go into public at all times during this event.

Considering the similarity in population density between New York and Tokyo, it would seem that when authorities tell people to practice social distancing, the Japanese listen slightly better. And as to masks, we don't seem to want to even fashion a rudimentary mask from home items.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 09:59:56 PM »
Busher people have been making masks since the shortage was announced.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 10:44:44 PM »
Using vacuum bag HEPA filter:
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 08:39:08 AM »
well here in California an engineer derailed a train trying to sink the mercy, think here was a bit paranoid. 

don't get personal.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2020, 09:44:47 AM »
well here in California an engineer derailed a train trying to sink the mercy, think here was a bit paranoid. 

don't get personal.

semp

Dr. Fauci  is receiving death threats and has to be provided security now. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/better-brace-yourself-things-will-get-worse-before-they-get-better/?utm_source=recirc-desktop&utm_medium=homepage&utm_campaign=right-rail&utm_content=corner&utm_term=first

« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 09:49:23 AM by CptTrips »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2020, 09:58:05 AM »
Dr. Fauci  is receiving death threats and has to be provided security now. 

Well, yaknow, he corrects he who must not be corrected.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2020, 10:10:35 AM »
Well, yaknow, he corrects he who must not be corrected.

People don't like hearing bad news and the news is going to get a lot worse for a while.  Attacking the messenger gives them some sense of control, and a distraction from having to face what they don't want to face.

And the pain hasn't even really started yet. 

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2020, 11:03:26 AM »
I'm tired of hearing it will get worse when Hydroxyclorquine is proven over and over again to be effective. This doctor was very serious that these drugs are working. We will have documented evidence by next week. This will save thousands and prevent 100K deaths. DR. Steven Smith made a bold statement on live TV. I don't think he'd do that if he wasnt sure.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2020, 11:18:51 AM »
I'm tired of hearing it will get worse when Hydroxyclorquine is proven over and over again to be effective. This doctor was very serious that these drugs are working. We will have documented evidence by next week. This will save thousands and prevent 100K deaths. DR. Steven Smith made a bold statement on live TV. I don't think he'd do that if he wasnt sure.

it hasn't been proven, don't you think if it was doctors would pass pills around as if it was candy?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2020, 11:19:57 AM »
I'm tired of hearing it will get worse when Hydroxyclorquine is proven over and over again to be effective.

That statement is not true. The effectiveness is still being studied and nothing truly conclusive has been established.

We will have documented evidence by next week. This will save thousands and prevent 100K deaths.

Prediction noted, Nostradamus.