Author Topic: DeHavilland Beaver  (Read 1424 times)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: DeHavilland Beaver
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2020, 06:31:05 PM »
152 is fine unless you are loading passengers and fuel on a soft/short field. Just have to plan accordingly with an O-200. Shameless plug: Go for a Luscombe 8E  :airplane:
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline TyFoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2020, 07:21:06 PM »
Then it'll be quite some time before you're ready to handle a large taildragger like a C185 or a Beaver.

Nothing against the C152 suggested above, but I would recommend doing as much conversion as possible on a small taildragger like a C170 or a Citabria. Teaches you what a rudder is for and will make you a better pilot overall.

Couldn’t agree more. If you really have a desire to fly Seaplanes, getting your ticket in a taildragger cannot be more helpful. Stinson, Luscombe, Citabria, C170, there are even a few C152 tail drag conversions out there.....

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2020, 07:53:58 AM »
Then it'll be quite some time before you're ready to handle a large taildragger like a C185 or a Beaver.

Nothing against the C152 suggested above, but I would recommend doing as much conversion as possible on a small taildragger like a C170 or a Citabria. Teaches you what a rudder is for and will make you a better pilot overall.

I do have Navion time and quite a bit. I think that will help. Still, the 185 idea is a good one. I just really, really like that Beaver.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2020, 01:55:56 PM »
I do have Navion time and quite a bit. I think that will help. Still, the 185 idea is a good one. I just really, really like that Beaver.

I like Spartan Executives, but... Know what I mean?
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2020, 02:49:47 PM »

We all like Beavers :x but keeping that P&W 985 in airworthy shape will cost a lot more than the most high maintenance Beaver you can imagine!
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2020, 05:32:27 PM »
We all like Beavers :x but keeping that P&W 985 in airworthy shape will cost a lot more than the most high maintenance Beaver you can imagine!

+1 on that. That's why the Moose is a good option. :aok
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2020, 07:19:56 PM »

Preach
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2020, 09:34:08 PM »
Carbon Cub (Top Cub, actually) on Amphibian Floats is the equivalent of the best of both worlds, plus I don't have to worry about the firewall issues of the 185.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!  :D
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2020, 01:42:13 PM »

What the Captain meant to say........ :rofl

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2020, 01:53:44 PM »
What the Captain meant to say........ :rofl

You are referring to the first R rated remark on TV before ratings. The year 1958, the show, Leave It To Beaver.

June (the mother)was talking to Ward (the father)and said, "you were a little hard on the Beaver last night".
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2020, 02:01:44 PM »
 :bolt:

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2020, 05:36:22 PM »
You are referring to the first R rated remark on TV before ratings. The year 1958, the show, Leave It To Beaver.

June (the mother)was talking to Ward (the father)and said, "you were a little hard on the Beaver last night".

:rofl
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech