Author Topic: Vr vs track ir  (Read 5660 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Vr vs track ir
« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2023, 12:44:59 PM »
Okay. Didn't see that in Forum Postin Rules and understood this totally vice versa:  3- Do not open a new thread that duplicates a current topic.

You're correct it's not listed. My bad.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2023, 12:48:11 PM »
You're correct it's not listed. My bad.

The key word in #3 is “current”

And years old thread is not current as opposed to say one that was last month. There is ko exact answer lol
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2023, 02:57:44 PM »
I have used trackir and would suggest it if vr isn't an option

Good thing about AH is that you can use both.. trackir/vr with jstick views

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2023, 04:28:42 PM »
The key word in #3 is “current”

And years old thread is not current as opposed to say one that was last month. There is ko exact answer lol

I already apologized DEEPLY from those who get offended, will I pour gasoline on me and lit it?
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2023, 04:35:53 PM »
I already apologized DEEPLY from those who get offended, will I pour gasoline on me and lit it?

There may be a few curmudgeons around here lol :old:
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2023, 05:05:20 PM »
If only HT could implement openxr support we could use XR NeckSafer. It works just like TIR in VR. Sigh.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2023, 08:05:06 AM »

No worries. The issue with old posts is people don't always check the date it was posted. Then you get people answering a 3 year old post and not getting replies from an inactive player. Also with new tech, 3 year old advice may be out of date. And if it's a long thread it can be a time suck for support if the date isn't checked.

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2024, 02:34:40 PM »
:aok Drano nailed the key points. There is NO going back to 2D, for me anyway. I loved my TIR but have been in VR now going on 3 years....hard to believe. I would say get VR, even if for just jumping a Jeep of a hill in AH3! YES ITS THAT COOOL :devil The Tanking aspect in VR isnt as good, well compared to Flying. It changes things a bit too much for me, wirbs M3s and the like are fine, you will just not get the same bonus as you do in flying :cheers:
yes, it’s a shame. You can’t freeze the VR in land mode because I keep on to turn my head to turn the view of the turret.
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2024, 02:38:22 PM »
All sorts of glitches and problems if you go VR.
We are second class citizens here.
There has been a glitch for months that the message box disappears ( you will find it as a black line above your head. Drag it down). No attempt by Hi-tech to fix it.
Log on is clunky, especially if you use Voice attack. Sound issues all the time.
HOWEVER once you go VR you will never come back.
We just need hi-tech to take us more seriously.
I also play IL2 and have none of these problems there.
I know this is coming in late, but I’ve been having major issues with my mouse pointer. The mouse button gets disabled. I’m using an HP reverb and I have to go cycle. The actual hand controllers a few times and hopefully it doesn’t exit me out of the game and crash the desktop, but enables my mouse to work. I wish someone would just come up with a very simple, easy way to get in a game with an HP reverb with no issues like we expect with modern technology
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2024, 02:41:44 PM »
Yes if you are going to be flying for half a day then the VR headset might be a comfort issue lol

Other than that there is no comparison with realism and accuracy vr gives over track ir

I use a center button on my warthog jstick for both vr and track ir...can't imagine trying to lineup and aim without it

Eagler
how do you center be, i have been try to figure that out. When logging in and center it is almost alway off because i am guessing at a log in scree. Once in game my sights are way off and F10 is a crap shoot!
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2024, 03:44:57 PM »
how do you center be, i have been try to figure that out. When logging in and center it is almost alway off because i am guessing at a log in scree. Once in game my sights are way off and F10 is a crap shoot!

It's the straight ahead view that centers the straight 12 view...

It's the same as used in trackir

After looking around you should always center your view as what might look straight ahead to you isn't to the game

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2024, 03:53:50 PM »
yes, it’s a shame. You can’t freeze the VR in land mode because I keep on to turn my head to turn the view of the turret.

What do you mean exactly? There is an option to freeze the view in tank main gun sights (and the 17 pounder).

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2024, 04:17:58 PM »

Map a button to Tracker Center in Views.

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2024, 02:15:12 AM »
I have Thrustmaster TWCS throttle, which has a ministick used with index finger. In another sim I have programmed head turn in it and it works really nice, I can turn my head to every direction. For reason unknown, it does not work in AH, even it is programmed same way to head movement up/down, left/right (Y-Axis/X-Axis). Anyone know how to make it work?

The Mad   CatMan!