Author Topic: Vr vs track ir  (Read 5215 times)

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: Vr vs track ir
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2020, 01:00:29 PM »
The hat views make VR in AH terrific unlike DCS and IL2 where they restrict their vr views to head movements only in the name of " realism "

Eagler
And I guarantee you that every one of that realism crowd are using TIR. They know that VR puts those players at a distinct disadvantage and would like to keep it that way. It's like history repeating itself when TIR came out. The difference is back then whether you were still using hats to look around or TIR at no point did your views get restricted in any way. The implementation in these games effectively removes about a third of the sphere. While what you can see looks great, there's way too much you can't see, at least not easily, that really takes a lot away from the game experience IMO. I mean, isn't the whole engine management thing enough?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2020, 01:58:19 PM »
15 minute start up with the 109k4 was fun about twice once i learned the 25 steps...then it got to be a huge PITA

TIR is better IMO than just hat views but the way HT implemented VR in AH3 should be patented and required for the other flight sims in the name of decent gameplay

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Online 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2020, 07:47:44 PM »
15 minute start up with the 109k4 was fun about twice once i learned the 25 steps...then it got to be a huge PITA

TIR is better IMO than just hat views but the way HT implemented VR in AH3 should be patented and required for the other flight sims in the name of decent gameplay

Eagler
:aok AGREE 100%
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2020, 09:40:49 AM »
+1   :aok

Offline BTPommyB

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2020, 06:35:59 AM »
All sorts of glitches and problems if you go VR.
We are second class citizens here.
There has been a glitch for months that the message box disappears ( you will find it as a black line above your head. Drag it down). No attempt by Hi-tech to fix it.
Log on is clunky, especially if you use Voice attack. Sound issues all the time.
HOWEVER once you go VR you will never come back.
We just need hi-tech to take us more seriously.
I also play IL2 and have none of these problems there.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2020, 07:11:09 AM »
I have not had disappearing text box since I split it into 2 to separate the kill messages

Sound problems are usually a conflict of sound drivers - threads on that in here

Login is as simple as starting AH3 dx11 then clicking to use the headset - vive pro here

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2020, 09:25:13 AM »
It's not really a glitch and the box isn't disappearing. It's there. You just have to set it up the way you want in the GUI. Drag stuff around and put it where you want. I don't think that will change where things are in 2D. Not really sure as since I've been to VR there's no going back!

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2020, 07:37:29 PM »
We are second class citizens here.
There has been a glitch for months that the message box disappears ( you will find it as a black line above your head. Drag it down). No attempt by Hi-tech to fix it.
Log on is clunky, especially if you use Voice attack. Sound issues all the time.
HOWEVER once you go VR you will never come back.
We just need hi-tech to take us more seriously.
I also play IL2 and have none of these problems there.

I have been using VR for quite some time and don't have these issues.  But I do not use Voice attack, but hear from others that use VR that it is an asset.  Other post seem to support my experience that hitech has done a great job with VR!  Yes the voice box is initially hard to find,but I dealt with that once a long time ago, as I recall was a one time easy fix.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2020, 04:49:55 PM »

I have been using VR here for 11 years and that statement is simply not true. The only time I saw glitches was maybe back when AH3 was first released for a month or 2 while HT fine tuned the code.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2020, 07:00:18 PM »
I can safely say, at least I'm my case, any glitchiness head been introduced by Oculus especially this year. Their software updates since December have skewed toward the FB end of things and consequently actual issues and improvements with the headsets have gone largely ignored. I have a RiftS and generally love it but it seems to have become second fiddle to the Quest in the Oculus universe.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Online 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2020, 03:47:46 AM »
I can safely say, at least I'm my case, any glitchiness head been introduced by Oculus especially this year. Their software updates since December have skewed toward the FB end of things and consequently actual issues and improvements with the headsets have gone largely ignored. I have a RiftS and generally love it but it seems to have become second fiddle to the Quest in the Oculus universe.

:aok I STILL havent heard back from them, as to why my Microphone "self mutes" after working fine for a couple of hours :uhoh If not for "Oculus Home" or Share/Facebook patches...we wouldnt see any updates :uhoh   Still the G.O.A.T imho! :rock 
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline BTPommyB

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2020, 10:06:02 AM »
Don't trash your track IR if you want to play IL2.
There is no six view in IL2 VR. Which is a big negative for that game.
AH3 was smart to keep the hat switch in VR mode.
Track IR works in IL2, but VR is a bummer for six view.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Vr vs track ir
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2020, 10:32:56 AM »
Don't trash your track IR if you want to play IL2.
There is no six view in IL2 VR. Which is a big negative for that game.
AH3 was smart to keep the hat switch in VR mode.
Track IR works in IL2, but VR is a bummer for six view.
Not only is there no 6 view, there isn't much of a view without a lot of effort in about a third of the rear hemisphere. Not impossible but it's literally a workout in combat. And totally unnecessary. I've suggested simply allowing the hats but the "realism" crowd kills that idea. They're using TIR so this isn't a problem for them.You'll get whacked by planes you never get a chance to see and once engaged its very difficult to track them. As if the whole engine management thing isn't enough. The VR view system in that game is a big thumbs down for me. Kinda ridiculous having your view limited literally by design in a combat sim. AH has the perfect compromise.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 10:35:02 AM by Drano »
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Online 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2020, 02:00:56 AM »
Not only is there no 6 view, there isn't much of a view without a lot of effort in about a third of the rear hemisphere. Not impossible but it's literally a workout in combat. And totally unnecessary. I've suggested simply allowing the hats but the "realism" crowd kills that idea. They're using TIR so this isn't a problem for them.You'll get whacked by planes you never get a chance to see and once engaged its very difficult to track them. As if the whole engine management thing isn't enough. The VR view system in that game is a big thumbs down for me. Kinda ridiculous having your view limited literally by design in a combat sim. AH has the perfect compromise.

100% AGREE/// CHANGE MAN BAD     I wonder if the DCS/IL-2 guys/owners could offer a change in this regard...on PLAYER Paid/hosted Servers?  That would be AWESOME and I would pay for that, at the drop of a hat :cheers:

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2020, 06:09:22 PM »
Having used Track IR a few years ago, I trashed it all.  Was always a royal PITA!
Uncle Fred