Author Topic: <S> Scav  (Read 561 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
<S> Scav
« on: April 29, 2020, 04:35:25 PM »

Terry Naughton/Scav https://people.redhat.com/zaitcev/avia/scav.html

I just gotta do this from time to time.  :salute :cheers:

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
Re: <S> Scav
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 04:38:41 PM »
 :rofl  I remember this guy from 20 yrs ago in the AW days. He by his own admission wasnt any kind of a pilot but he could write some fun stuff. Thanks for finding this. Much appreciated.
                                           turt

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 05:33:52 PM »
HE mentioned the Turkey Ham Sqdn. There was a guy that flew with them by the name of "Slug", maybe one of the funniest guys Ive met. He was a proctologist in New England somewhere which helped w the jokes. Ill post some of his quotes here. Once he said he was off to a Gynecologists Convention in Dallas. Wasnt his field but he liked to talk shop w the boys. I dont thenk the Turkey Hams ever made the transit to AW

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 05:54:50 PM »
HE mentioned the Turkey Ham Sqdn. There was a guy that flew with them by the name of "Slug", maybe one of the funniest guys Ive met. He was a proctologist in New England somewhere which helped w the jokes. Ill post some of his quotes here. Once he said he was off to a Gynecologists Convention in Dallas. Wasnt his field but he liked to talk shop w the boys. I dont thenk the Turkey Hams ever made the transit to AW

Lookin' forward to it.  :cheers:

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 09:31:17 PM »

Slug was classic.  I can't find Immel's pictures of all the Bigweek people, but Slug's was very much in character.

- oldman

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 04:02:14 PM »
This was Slugs reply to a player having sound issues.No engine sounds specifically

Solution is easy...go into sound setup, lower volume of all sound effectsand go back to "test flight" Click on a single engine plane. I dont have the multi-engine thing figgerred out yet.
Once you are on the runway start engines and set throttle to 93%..IMPORTANT..Do not go to 100%
As you taxi down the runway move your jaw back and forth a few times and put your lips together loosely. blow small puffs of air out the loose lips until you achieve the right amount of pressure.Youl know when your at the right pressure cuz the room will fill with putt-putting engine sounds, not unlike that of a single  engine fighter.
If you lose engine sound during a mission, take another breath of air, wet your lips with any small liqiud filled aluminum container that happens to be within arms reach and repeat original procedure .
Silence is a B*tch aint it?
slug*TH*

Offline avionix

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2020, 11:33:39 AM »
This was Slugs reply to a player having sound issues.No engine sounds specifically

Solution is easy...go into sound setup, lower volume of all sound effectsand go back to "test flight" Click on a single engine plane. I dont have the multi-engine thing figgerred out yet.
Once you are on the runway start engines and set throttle to 93%..IMPORTANT..Do not go to 100%
As you taxi down the runway move your jaw back and forth a few times and put your lips together loosely. blow small puffs of air out the loose lips until you achieve the right amount of pressure.Youl know when your at the right pressure cuz the room will fill with putt-putting engine sounds, not unlike that of a single  engine fighter.
If you lose engine sound during a mission, take another breath of air, wet your lips with any small liqiud filled aluminum container that happens to be within arms reach and repeat original procedure .
Silence is a B*tch aint it?
slug*TH*

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
treekilr in game.   
"Please. This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who..."