Author Topic: Dear Amerika  (Read 16564 times)

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
Re: Dear Amerika
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2020, 08:51:16 PM »
Just because air is smaller than the holes doesn't mean that the mask allows as much oxygen to come in as without one. The mask still blocks oxygen. I wear one using my grill and I know that it blocks my oxygen and makes me hot. Secondly, the majority of people are not using n95 masks nor medical grade mask, they are using cloth being sown by designers. Ohh look, another opportunity to make money. Do you actually think they are washing these masks every day? N95 masks are hard to find and they are being used over and over again by most people. The majority of people wearing mask are doing so incorrectly and touching their face all of the time. I also see people smoking cigarettes with their mask under their chin...  Even the Netherlands have come to the conclusion based on New studies.

If the virus doesn't stop within 2 more weeks or immediately cease growing cases. We will know for sure that the mask is bogus. Especially if we see increasing cases. I believe most americans have been wearing a mask for 2 weeks already. 2 more weeks and we better start seeing a reduction in #s or I am calling BS.

Texas A&M University-Texarkana virologist Ben Neuman told PolitiFact that a mask "will add some resistance to the breathing process, meaning it may feel like it takes a bit more work to take a breath, but it won't materially change the makeup of air that comes through the mask."

The FDA notes that “people with chronic respiratory, cardiac, or other medical conditions that make breathing difficult should check with their health care provider before using an N95 respirator because the N95 respirator can make it more difficult for the wearer to breathe.”

Perhaps you should get checked for a chronic respiratory, cardiac or other condition if you have issues breathing with a mask.  Science has looked at this and there is no change in a healthy human's O2 level or blood chemistry while wearing a mask.  That isn't a dig at you, rather a suggestion based upon what you've said.  I've been wearing a mask inside and outside of work for two decades and have never had an issue with O2 levels on either side. 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 08:53:57 PM by MORAY37 »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2020, 10:08:56 PM »
I'm at home 95% of the time. There are times when I have to leave. Wear the mask ... for you ... for others. Others includes asymptomatic 'healthy' people who have contact with ... well ... anyone. Excuses to not wear a mask outside the home (and sometimes even inside it) basically boil down to 'well, I don't wanna and I'm the only living soul in the universe that counts.'

(Image removed from quote.)
What it looked like dying from 'bacteria re-breathing' for me and other wafer fab workers back in the day.

Our life has hardly changed except where freedoms have been taken away...

My wife and I have worked regularly and traveled , shopped as needed.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2020, 10:12:38 PM »

Perhaps you should get checked for a chronic respiratory, cardiac or other condition if you have issues breathing with a mask.  Science has looked at this and there is no change in a healthy human's O2 level or blood chemistry while wearing a mask.  That isn't a dig at you, rather a suggestion based upon what you've said.  I've been wearing a mask inside and outside of work for two decades and have never had an issue with O2 levels on either side.

A mask will hold moisture and as such will eventually start impeding your breathing.

Not only that wearing a mask has shown to cause dental issues in folks who have previously been dental healthy. The issue is called mask mouth.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2020, 11:05:35 PM »
Our life has hardly changed except where freedoms have been taken away...

My wife and I have worked regularly and traveled , shopped as needed.

So what 'freedoms' have been 'taken away', then?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2020, 11:09:22 PM »
A mask will hold moisture and as such will eventually start impeding your breathing.

Said not one surgeon, OR nurse or scrub tech that I scrubbed in with while doing clinicals, ever. Nor any fellow wafer fab technician two years later.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2020, 02:35:23 AM »
Said not one surgeon, OR nurse or scrub tech that I scrubbed in with while doing clinicals, ever. Nor any fellow wafer fab technician two years later.

Plugged filters, say in an N95 mask, could probably cause breathing issues, particularly from overheating. I did see where someone claimed that they developed pleurisy from repeatedly wearing the same mask, but I think that was fake news. Hot summer days can't help, either.

As to the freedom question? Try going into a WalMart without a mask. I mean, they just arrested McAfee for wearing a lace thong as a mask, apparently. Maybe Norway can shed some light on why that was.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2020, 03:25:36 AM »
Plugged filters, say in an N95 mask, could probably cause breathing issues, particularly from overheating. I did see where someone claimed that they developed pleurisy from repeatedly wearing the same mask, but I think that was fake news. Hot summer days can't help, either.

As to the freedom question? Try going into a WalMart without a mask. I mean, they just arrested McAfee for wearing a lace thong as a mask, apparently. Maybe Norway can shed some light on why that was.

dude you have no right to go into any store you feel like.  they have the right to kick you out for any reason. nowhere in the constitution says you have a right to go into any store you wish.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2020, 05:01:09 AM »

Google is your friend..   those you mention are in very cold, clean, low humidity atmospheres.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 05:04:08 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2020, 05:09:55 AM »
Google is your friend..   those you mention are in very cold, clean, low humidity atmospheres.

my wife was an or nurse, she wore a mask basically every day for 10 years while assisting in breast reconstructive surgery.  not a damn cavity in her mouth, not a single one.  know more nurses and doctors that helped or did surgery every day than you have friends.  their  teeth arent falling out.  I call bs on this one.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2020, 06:12:24 AM »
What about a mask that does not cover the nose?

I heard this is called going " nose commando"

I think it just shows a level of ignorance and or laziness

Have seen this on ppl from actors, athletes to sleepy creepy joe biden...

Why bother? How can you tell someone to wear a mask when you don't even seem to understand the basics of how it is suppose to work.

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2020, 07:24:46 AM »
my wife was an or nurse, she wore a mask basically every day for 10 years while assisting in breast reconstructive surgery.  not a damn cavity in her mouth, not a single one.  know more nurses and doctors that helped or did surgery every day than you have friends.  their  teeth arent falling out.  I call bs on this one.

semp

Those who wear mask regularly and breathe through their nose will not have the issues. Most folks are not used to masks and many breathe through their mouth causing the issue.

Read what the dental community says.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2020, 07:27:41 AM »
What about a mask that does not cover the nose?

I heard this is called going " nose commando"

I think it just shows a level of ignorance and or laziness

Have seen this on ppl from actors, athletes to sleepy creepy joe biden...

Why bother? How can you tell someone to wear a mask when you don't even seem to understand the basics of how it is suppose to work.

Eagler

A mask just causes people to touch their face more. Which is what we are not supposed to do. Charts showing less chance because of a mask can just as easily show more chance because people constantly messing with their mask.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2020, 09:42:53 AM »

As a RN that has had several patients on isolation in the same shift I have to disagree with that. It was as soon as I could get the mask, gown and gloves off with each one to get to the next. Good N95s are not fun to wear even when it’s cool, cold or low humidity.

Right now our humidity is very high for Arizona in the late night and through mid morning...if you wear glasses you can see how much is coming out of your mask, so how much is staying in it?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2020, 09:51:12 AM »
As to the freedom question? Try going into a WalMart without a mask.

That's not a 'freedom' issue. It's a common sense one. Try going in without pants.