Author Topic: S&H Green stamps  (Read 1361 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Re: S&H Green stamps
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2020, 10:26:14 AM »
I love the look into what the ad company thought was a "typical" family home. Did you notice the rack of rifles over the TV?
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2020, 11:28:43 AM »
I love the look into what the ad company thought was a "typical" family home. Did you notice the rack of rifles over the TV?

Product placement.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2020, 09:50:06 PM »

Yes, what about it?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2020, 10:03:13 PM »
In the 60s I imagine stuff like that was much more popular. That might get you arrested in some states and situations. :)
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2020, 12:06:26 AM »
Still looks like that at my Home :D TV is a different design though :rofl   Family used S%H stamps on camping gear, one year...THAT WAS FUN TIMES :rock 1976 ish
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2020, 01:40:14 AM »
That might get you arrested in some states and situations. :)

How? :)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2020, 03:20:31 AM »
In the 60s I imagine stuff like that was much more popular. That might get you arrested in some states and situations. :)

We had gun racks in the back windows of our trucks. The same trucks we drove to school.  No issues at all.

The difference now is the people. A lot more low quality individuals out there today. They would break in to your vehicle and steal your guns. You can still carry them, you just have to conceal them in your truck or other vehicle.

My guns at home are in my safes. All except a few around the house for security. My vehicles still have guns in them.... just not in plain sight.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 03:25:29 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2020, 07:35:22 AM »
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2020, 09:06:36 AM »
Laws.

What state has laws against guns in the home? I'm not aware of any.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2020, 09:22:46 AM »
NY SAFE Act requires firearms be locked in a safe or rendered incapable of firing if there are residents or visitors younger than 16 years old.

FlyKommando.com

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2020, 10:12:37 AM »
Yes, what about it?

First off it was not a complaint but a wistful look back at a time when there were far fewer snowflakes. So unruffle your panties. Second it is wistful because of things like this. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/25/nyregion/ny-gun-owner-laws.html

It's a sad state of affairs IMO. I wish we were back to the old time days. FWIW my senior year in college I took a job as a security guard with a company that had a federal contract for the FED court building in Downtown Tucson. There were some days I had to go to work right after class so wore my nice tan uniform (modeled after the SO uniform because the boss was still working for the SO) complete with LEO style belt and revolver to classes at the University of Arizona in 1975. The weapon was loaded and NO ONE, including the Campus Police, cared including the Deputy that shared one of my classes.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2020, 10:13:26 AM »

Google are your friend as well as the NRA.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
Author Unknown

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2020, 10:32:27 AM »
NY SAFE Act requires firearms be locked in a safe or rendered incapable of firing if there are residents or visitors younger than 16 years old.

Interesting...... Part of basic education here in Texas.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2020, 10:33:49 AM »
First off it was not a complaint but a wistful look back at a time when there were far fewer snowflakes. So unruffle your panties. Second it is wistful because of things like this. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/25/nyregion/ny-gun-owner-laws.html

It's a sad state of affairs IMO. I wish we were back to the old time days. FWIW my senior year in college I took a job as a security guard with a company that had a federal contract for the FED court building in Downtown Tucson. There were some days I had to go to work right after class so wore my nice tan uniform (modeled after the SO uniform because the boss was still working for the SO) complete with LEO style belt and revolver to classes at the University of Arizona in 1975. The weapon was loaded and NO ONE, including the Campus Police, cared including the Deputy that shared one of my classes.

Evidently yours were a little ruffled. All I did was ask a question. Men do not wear those where I am from.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2020, 10:39:00 AM »
Google are your friend as well as the NRA.

:aok. I am well aware of the NRA.  I am a Patron Life Member.
80th FS "Headhunters"