Author Topic: Snapshot for 30-31 Mar: Operation Lamplight  (Read 687 times)

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
Snapshot for 30-31 Mar: Operation Lamplight
« on: March 26, 2001, 12:39:00 PM »
Hi, all.  This weekend's Snapshot event is "Operation Lamplight: Lancasters over Berlin."  This pits the nightfighters of the Luftwaffe against the Lancasters of RAF Bomber Command.  Full night with short-range icons will be in affect, as will tower-only radar.  To enable the German intercepters to find their prey, the Luftwaffe will need one to three individuals to act as Ground-Control Intercept Officers, or GCIO's.  The RAF will not have any GCIO's...pucker-factor, eh?

I'm searching for anyone that is willing to serve in this crucial role, this Friday at 10:00 PM EST and this Saturday at 3:00 PM EST.  Because of how dark it will be, and the fact that the Lancs will be coming in from multiple directions and to mulitple targets, it would be best to have at least two and preferably three GCIO's for the Luftwaffe.  The Luftwaffe fighters will be operating in two-ship hunter-killer flights.  Check out the Snapshot website for more details.

If you wish to volunteer for GCIO duty, please post here to let me know.  If you just want to experience the white-knuckle thrill of night combat, blind mans' bluff, as they used to say, then come on out for this weekend's Snapshot events.  Thanks.

------------------
Sabre (a.k.a. Rojo)
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline NHMadmax

• Copper Member
      • http://www.mofsw.com
Snapshot for 30-31 Mar: Operation Lamplight
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2001, 02:45:00 PM »
i will GCIO on the friday one you will just have to let me know what time that is in the uk

[This message has been edited by NHMadmax (edited 03-26-2001).]