Author Topic: Cancelled account, doesn't make sense in this horde format anymore  (Read 11955 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Cancelled account, doesn't make sense in this horde format anymore
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2020, 08:05:37 AM »
Hate to see you go. I logged last night because the knights had too many and I could not fly my 38J. Was not going to be on much longer anyway.... so I logged. This was after the bish won. Not many came back.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2020, 09:02:44 AM »
Dragdad, come on back.  Join us in the AvA on Monday and Wednesday nights for all fun and no hordes.  It’s always a pleasure to have you in the mix with us AvAers.  :salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2020, 05:49:35 PM »
Just take a break. We all do from time to time.
I think I play more in the winter when there is less to do outside.
Come back this winter.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Online RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2020, 03:56:12 AM »
Sob Sob Sob

this game hasn't changed since you started playing.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2020, 05:14:10 AM »
Sob Sob Sob

He is a far better player than you will ever be.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2020, 08:20:34 AM »
Sob Sob Sob

Nope, the game hasn't changed at all except for a few upgrades over the years (which may be a problem in its self), but picture it as you favorite bar. The locals hang out there. You know everybody's name, you are tolerant of even of old "Jimbo" when he drinks too much, but its your place to hang out and have some fun.

Then a big new office building opens up and brings in a bunch of new people. They move into the bar and start playing crap music on the juke box, calling for the TVs to be turned to news programs instead of the sports that are normally there (the news that most people go to the bar to get away from). They order all these wussy drinks and throw money around like its nothing so the regulars can no longer get a waitress to stop by.

The bar is the same, the staff is the same, but the atmosphere is completely different. It is no longer the same bar. So why bother going there any more?

The game has gone the same way and people are leaving.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2020, 01:44:42 PM »
Never like to see anyone leave, so sorry to hear that your considering it. 
This sim is like war itself, sometimes lopsided (Pearl Harbor) sometimes a stalemate (Bastone) often futile,  sometimes you win the battle lose the war. Thats what makes the successes feel like you earned them. I used to get (even more) frustrated at failures in game because I thought the outcome was all about what I did. But you learn in this game to change your outlook on chaotic situations and realize you can only have an effect. You have to take sollice in your choices and how you execute them. If winning the map is key to your fun, switch to bish for a while and see if rolling bases fills your bucket. 😁 Best of luck
Who is John Galt?

Offline pops04

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2020, 05:08:56 PM »
Drag dad sorry to see you go bud. We talk or text a lot of trash to each other. All in fun ya know. But it was always find having you around. Hope to see you again sometime. Also your right numbers game but ya can’t beat the numbers.

Pops

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2020, 08:09:24 PM »
sorry to see you go dragdad, you could've just stayed for Monday night madness!! good luck and I hope you change your mind at some point in time!!

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2020, 12:21:50 AM »
when I started playing back in the million player a day game, i felt out of place, I couldnt fight or complete a sorty so I joined the horde, at least i could kill a couple of buildings here and there.

now, i hate it when I cant up a pony and ponies are what kept me in this game.  truth is I hate eny, but I understand it.  I mostly play late at night when we have like 15 knights against 2 or 3 rooks or bishops.  normally eny is at 20.  so I adjusted, i up a p47 with my jamaican/canadian 201 squadron flag on the wings.  there's always a p47 available.  miss the pony but well I like the game so I adapt.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2020, 08:13:36 AM »
Switching sides is always an option... except I feel dirty shooting down my previous countrymen.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2020, 09:33:20 AM »
Country loyalty is a problem. I get it, especially for squads. But there are times when the game can be super boring if you do not switch. Like if you team is hording, or your team is playing cards in the tower while there is a fight on the other side of the map

Eny is suppose to get people to switch, instead they just log off. That is the a big problem. Eny doesn't take into consideration who is winning the war. Hell you could be losing a major battle or be attacked from both sides while you have a 15 eny.

Late at night ENY is totally pointless. It just causes players to log.
Late at night you are flying against maybe 2 or 3 guys. It doesn't help if you have to fly a 30 eny plane vs their spit16 or yak3.

Too many damn freaking yak3s all over the place. They are incredibly hard to shoot, especially at night or dusk/dawn. Best K/D with the highest amount of kills. Only second to the P51 in kills. Its just tiring.

Eny should not kick in until the MA has more than 75 to 100 players.

Most players don't switch to even #s and you cannot force them. Most people log when they can't fly their super plane causing less fights. Its not good for the game all around.

If people got off their high horse about switching teams, the fights would be better. I try to play for every team and fight against every team. Its much more fun that way for me and I get to go where I want to find the best action for the little time I get to play the game. If you only play on one side, you are severely limiting yourselves to the fun you could be having.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2020, 11:20:04 AM »
The other day I was one of 14 knights. Both bish and rook had around 28 each. They were only attacking the knights. LOL

I signed on and saw that. I switched to bish and started attack the rooks. Figured I would start a war between them. It actually worked.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2020, 12:53:14 PM »
Switching sides is always an option... except I feel dirty shooting down my previous countrymen.

Me too unless it you.  :salute

:D
Who is John Galt?

Online RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2020, 04:14:05 PM »
He is a far better player than you will ever be.

And I should care because????
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys