Author Topic: Reward bombers for landing  (Read 5168 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Reward bombers for landing
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2020, 08:28:51 PM »
Well that’s true if the player base is substantially comprised of idiots that aren’t educated in the nature of the rules. It’s a small enough community that players are capable of learning the rules and to be incentivized to RTB bombers, which makes the game more interesting and realistic.

Don't rely on that. As long as bombing and bailing = more sorties in less time it will exist.  ;)

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2020, 11:02:54 PM »
That's only the case if you care about the ground war.

I play for the sole purpose of shooting down other airplanes. The only time I care whether I can kill a bomber before or after he drops his bombs is if he's bombing a CV, in which case it would prevent me from taking fighter from that CV my next sortie.

By ground war you mean the bae capture aspect of AH? Without that you wouldn't have bombers even upping for you to shoot at.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2020, 11:18:28 PM »
Well that’s true if the player base is substantially comprised of idiots that aren’t educated in the nature of the rules. It’s a small enough community that players are capable of learning the rules and to be incentivized to RTB bombers, which makes the game more interesting and realistic.

what rules grizz? where are these rules posted?

just asking because I saw you on more than one occasion organizing a mission as soon as we upped, you would bail and switch countries and come back in a jet, you and your squad.  or dont forget seeing bombers taking off and again switching countries and come back in a jet.

so what rules you talking about?  and why didnt you follow them.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2020, 05:06:46 AM »
Bombers are rewarded for landing, just like fighters are:
- Landing message (will get you similar attention to fighters if you land a lot of kills)
- Twice the score points
- Perks

Fighter pilots and vehicle drivers have been bailing for various reasons, too (including to deny a kill to their enemy)
Also, I remember quite well how bombers' bailing got considerably less with the increase of the proxy kill range to match the icon range (before some guys would wait for type identification by icon before their bailing decision was made)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2020, 07:25:35 AM »
I have seem bombers and vehicle bail to keep from being killed. In all my years in AH.... I have never seen a fighter bail for that reason.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2020, 10:34:09 AM »
I have seem bombers and vehicle bail to keep from being killed. In all my years in AH.... I have never seen a fighter bail for that reason.

You probably have but didn't realize it. ;)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2020, 11:07:35 AM »
This concept is not the chronic problem people say it is.  I kill lots of bombers. Chase them across the map, etc, etc...  I would say one out of 50 encounters the buff bails.  It's also strategic. The flight home is just as long as the flight back. So the player can put twice the orders per hour on target if he doesn't fly home.

It's not always to avoid giving a kill.

Every little issue in the game doesn't require CODE intervention.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2020, 11:19:13 AM »
This concept is not the chronic problem people say it is.  I kill lots of bombers. Chase them across the map, etc, etc...  I would say one out of 50 encounters the buff bails.  It's also strategic. The flight home is just as long as the flight back. So the player can put twice the orders per hour on target if he doesn't fly home.

:cheers: :aok

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2020, 11:46:30 AM »

YOU    WILL   BE    ASSIMILATED     :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2020, 12:09:09 PM »
Most of the time you will get the kill if they bail. If they are in their own territory, than you will not get the kills if they bail. I think that is accurate, IMO. Even though it does suck if they bail and you waste your time.

I do like that it was worked on to allow the person to get the kill if they bail outside of the territory and you are within 5K. That makes it much better for fighters.

Bombers who bail without giving themselves a chance to shoot down their attacker is cowardly IMO, and doesn't make you better at the game at all. There is very little benefit to doing it besides being able to roll again faster.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2020, 12:18:29 PM »
There is very little benefit to doing it besides being able to roll again faster.

That's all the benefit needed. And those are probably players that don't even take note of a con outside 5k.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2020, 12:32:39 PM »
That's all the benefit needed. And those are probably players that don't even take note of a con outside 5k.

True, but you could make that case for plane or tank.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2020, 12:38:02 PM »

One particular P51 pilot does it all the time...

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2020, 12:41:32 PM »
Make Bombers AI - Problem solved.  :D
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2020, 12:49:48 PM »
Make Bombers AI - Problem solved.  :D

"I'm not here to fight AI"  :furious

:P
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.