Author Topic: College football 2020  (Read 27810 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: College football 2020
« Reply #150 on: January 02, 2021, 10:23:07 AM »
Impressive for #11 seeded team to win big against #2 team.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #151 on: January 02, 2021, 04:47:56 PM »
Rules were changed just for osu, that is a known fact. Oh well.....
Only for the Big Ten championship game, not CFP.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #152 on: January 02, 2021, 06:11:35 PM »
Only for the Big Ten championship game, not CFP.

Yes..  and had they not played that, they probably would not be in the cfp.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: January 02, 2021, 07:48:11 PM »
Yes..  and had they not played that, they probably would not be in the cfp.

:cry
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #154 on: January 03, 2021, 04:54:14 AM »
CFP's mission is to pick the 4 best teams.

They are not required to take conference champs, teams from all different conferences, teams that played at last N games, etc.

A lot depends on their judgement as opposed to a particular mechanistic algorithm.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #155 on: January 03, 2021, 07:41:35 AM »

They are not required to take conference champs, teams from all different conferences, teams that played at last N games, etc.

A lot depends on their judgement as opposed to a particular mechanistic algorithm.

Boo hiss.  Does nobody care for the rules?

The rule says they are student athletes!

First requirement for cfp is spell academics!

In other news, looks like 6 more years for Coach Jim!  Take that Finebaum!

Go Blue!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 07:43:23 AM by NatCigg »

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: January 03, 2021, 11:21:51 AM »

Well, I think both TAMU and Florida were better than Notre Dame, so they failed in my opinion. Ohio St. is/was deserving a spot, if that is not already clear despite what a few Texans may say.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: January 03, 2021, 01:58:50 PM »
Well, I think both TAMU and Florida were better than Notre Dame, so they failed in my opinion. Ohio St. is/was deserving a spot, if that is not already clear despite what a few Texans may say.

I think the CFP committee tends to get it right for 1-3 teams each year (the easier part), and then maybe not on the remaining 1-2.  They do seem to favor not doubling up on SEC teams even if 2 SEC teams seem to be in the top 4.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #158 on: January 04, 2021, 12:41:18 AM »

LOL Just a few Texans.... many people from other states. ND should not have been in.... but it is what it is. What is done is done. Clemson played terribly.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: January 04, 2021, 02:13:28 AM »
Clemson played terribly.

Clemson's offensive coordinator was precluded from the game as a result of Covid protocol.  That would be a hit to offense.

The defense, though, was doing some things that just didn't work (such as not being ready when the ball was snapped).

Also, Ohio State was on in that game, like they usually are in The Game, where Michigan is on the receiving end of such fortune.  Many bomb passes that worked perfectly, etc.  A lot of that is skill of Fields and the receivers, but some is luck, too.  That night was Ohio State's night.  Unlike the previous game vs. Clemson, where it went the other way.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #160 on: January 04, 2021, 09:57:56 AM »
Clemson's offensive coordinator was precluded from the game as a result of Covid protocol.  That would be a hit to offense.

The defense, though, was doing some things that just didn't work (such as not being ready when the ball was snapped).

Also, Ohio State was on in that game, like they usually are in The Game, where Michigan is on the receiving end of such fortune.  Many bomb passes that worked perfectly, etc.  A lot of that is skill of Fields and the receivers, but some is luck, too.  That night was Ohio State's night.  Unlike the previous game vs. Clemson, where it went the other way.

Their QB was hitting it tight. He probably played the game of his life there.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #161 on: January 04, 2021, 10:14:14 AM »
LOL Just a few Texans.... many people from other states. ND should not have been in.... but it is what it is. What is done is done. Clemson played terribly.
I thought the same until I saw A&M barely squeak it out against UNC and Florida get blown out by OU. After those two games ND being in didn't look so bad. Perhaps OU should have been in, but it's tough to rationalize a 2 loss team (with 1 terrible loss to K. State) over a team that actually played in a conference this year (finally), albeit a relatively crappy football conference with the exception of Clemson.

This year was the best argument for ND's inclusion but it turned out the way it has the last few years when they play in big games.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #162 on: January 04, 2021, 11:39:28 AM »
I thought the same until I saw A&M barely squeak it out against UNC and Florida get blown out by OU. After those two games ND being in didn't look so bad. Perhaps OU should have been in, but it's tough to rationalize a 2 loss team (with 1 terrible loss to K. State) over a team that actually played in a conference this year (finally), albeit a relatively crappy football conference with the exception of Clemson.

This year was the best argument for ND's inclusion but it turned out the way it has the last few years when they play in big games.

You are the first person I have seen that called the A&M vs NC game a squeaker.

NC played hard but obviously wore down. Even Mack said as much.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #163 on: January 04, 2021, 11:52:33 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwi82bpJD3Q

I have to say there is some additional humor in that this comes from the SEC, which is looking overrated.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #164 on: January 05, 2021, 04:59:02 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwi82bpJD3Q

I have to say there is some additional humor in that this comes from the SEC, which is looking overrated.

Yeah, those SEC Shorts clips are creative.  Not sure I'd call the SEC overrated, though, as they will likely finish 7-2 post season and we all know Oklahoma did not play the "real" Florida squad.       
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan