Author Topic: Dang WTH Happened to the Numbers???  (Read 24144 times)

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
Re: Dang WTH Happened to the Numbers???
« Reply #165 on: December 09, 2020, 01:42:48 PM »
Why?

I can play arcade types of game anywhere how boring is that!! I don't play this game to fight against AI I play this game to interact with real people. After all is some AI going to tell you that you are a HO or a cheater? :-) I won't do it and it is my preference once AI is introduced in fighters I am gone.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #166 on: December 09, 2020, 01:47:38 PM »
Have you tried the offline missions?

Unlike IL2 and others, the AI in it is harder than the average human player in AH

I'd rather fight AI than fly around for 15 minutes to get to the next lopsided human a2a battle to have that plane fly to its unrealistically accurate 88 for protection

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #167 on: December 09, 2020, 01:49:27 PM »
I'd rather fight AI than fly around for 15 minutes to get to the next lopsided human a2a battle to have that plane fly to its unrealistically accurate 88 for protection

Yep
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #168 on: December 09, 2020, 01:53:18 PM »
I can play arcade types of game anywhere how boring is that!! I don't play this game to fight against AI I play this game to interact with real people. After all is some AI going to tell you that you are a HO or a cheater? :-) I won't do it and it is my preference once AI is introduced in fighters I am gone.

Pretty sure nobody's advocating you fighting nothing but AI 24/7. :)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: December 09, 2020, 02:20:50 PM »
AI fights would take all of the fun out of it.

Just look at the Match play arena. Getting ganged by a bunch of AI isn't going to make anyone happy. It would also scew stats and people would get pissed off at AI capabilities. Atleast with humans you have someone making the decisions rather than a computer.

Smaller maps with a good base layout is the real key to providing action especially during the off hours.

IMO, that's the most important thing to provide solid action to the game to get people fighting and create bigger battles.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #170 on: December 09, 2020, 03:10:43 PM »
Yes smaller maps would go far but in slow times I would rather fight AI than nobody

If they dont want to fight AI stay away from bases that are empty of humans which is more bases than not these days

I dont really get base capture as fun but I really don't get it against empty bases..

To win the map for perks?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #171 on: December 09, 2020, 03:22:27 PM »
Believe it or not, the numbers are starting to flatline/possibly increase again. If hitech was intrigued I think it wouldn't take much for us, as a community to pay for some advertising. I would pitch in 100$ TO THAT EFFORT.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #172 on: December 09, 2020, 04:12:10 PM »
The day that AI aircraft are added to MA is the game is the day I am gone.

IF it happens, I probably will too. The whole idea here is fighting other players.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #173 on: December 09, 2020, 04:16:39 PM »

IF it happens, I probably will too. The whole idea here is fighting other players.

Well, there ya go. Both of you quit and you won't have each other to shoot at. Logic at its best. :)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #174 on: December 09, 2020, 04:19:55 PM »
Well, there ya go. Both of you quit and you won't have each other to shoot at. Logic at its best. :)

Cut all the reasoning out and just dumb it down like that so you might understand it... evidently.

.... and you are still wrong.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #175 on: December 09, 2020, 04:21:56 PM »
Believe it or not, the numbers are starting to flatline/possibly increase again. If hitech was intrigued I think it wouldn't take much for us, as a community to pay for some advertising. I would pitch in 100$ TO THAT EFFORT.

To be honest, and its purely anecdotal, I have seen so many over the years who found this game from a TV commercial. IMO, that's the most effective marketing today because people can look up the game on their phone right there on the couch and don't feel like they are being tracked by an Ad on the internet.
I see these cheesy phone game commercials all of the time where they hire Arnold Schwarzenegger to promote it. It works.
Also, I believe the pictures and videos tab on the website should be updated. I tried to show a colleague the game the other day. Wanted to show him a corsair. Could not find it on the pictures tab. Would be nice to have 1 pic atleast of all of the planes. Also would be cool to have more approved videos uploaded to the videos tab. Not all new comers to the website will know there is a films a screenshot section in the forums. IMO this really helps because it allows the person to see the game from a positive perspective and could definitely encourage them to download it.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 04:23:57 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #176 on: December 09, 2020, 04:23:50 PM »
"Word of mouth"... I came over from FA.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #177 on: December 09, 2020, 04:26:01 PM »
Cut all the reasoning out and just dumb it down like that so you might understand it... evidently.

.... and you are still wrong.

Well, I guess that technically you two can shoot at each other elsewhere in a different game or way.

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #178 on: December 09, 2020, 04:54:54 PM »

The day that AI aircraft are added to MA is the game is the day I am gone.

why would I pay $15 a month play against AI? I can do that now in a boxed flight game......... without the $15.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #179 on: December 09, 2020, 05:00:04 PM »

why would I pay $15 a month play against AI? I can do that now in a boxed flight game......... without the $15.

There are offline boxed flight games that aren't 20+ years old that are anything like AH?