Author Topic: The 2000 Yard Stare Thomas Calloway Lea III  (Read 4604 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: The 2000 Yard Stare Thomas Calloway Lea III
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2020, 04:10:29 PM »
Exactly.

And doctors and nurses in China were getting sick in full PPE from head to toe, nurses and doctors in America screaming they dont have enough PPE. Yet somehow a lil ole mask is going to save all of us 'regular' folk.

I don't see you as all that 'regular.'

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2020, 05:22:21 PM »
I don't see you as all that 'regular.'

'Regular' has a wide scope these days  :D
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline dieter

• Zinc Member
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2020, 07:35:26 PM »
Just a little bit of sanity for just a moment.  Viral contamination is pretty simple stuff if you break down what you are really talking about, and what exposure you are talking about. 

IF you are working in close contact in confined areas with an airborne contagion, you better be in a positive pressure suit with full body coverage, filtration, etc. 

IF you are worried about something that is being passed through water droplets, (hmm sounds like airborne), then you have several options to LESSEN the impact. 

IF everyone wears masks over their nose and mouth, and maintains distances of 6 feet or greater, the water vapor will likely (LIKELY) land on the ground before it gets to someone else in a well ventilated area.  This is in no way going to stop anything 100 percent, but will simply lower the exposure rates significantly.

SO, why have some Asian countries had great successes with masks?  Because they have minimized exposure, not eliminated it.  This is because the cloth/cotton/etc., masks stop a good portion of the water vapor from individuals. 

So are cloth masks effective at stopping the virus in a medical environment?  They are not ideally suited.  You would want goggles and better filtration than a simple cloth mask, as well as gloves, sterilization, full body coverage etc.  I seriously doubt the medical community is ready for, or equipped to work in a viral hot zone.  They simply lack the experience and training, as well as the equipment to be able to do it effectively in a non laboratory environment.  This puts this community in a serious risk just to work. 

If you look for data that is not hype and has something that resembles actual science behind it, this is a very interesting virus.  It has long term effects that we are not fully aware of yet, and it is not just an old people killer.  True, it gets progressively more nasty as you get above 55 years of age, but it is still something to take serious for younger people. 

BOTTOM LINE, if you wear a mask, you will lower exposure rates at worst, or not be exposed at best.  If you get exposed you want the least viral load to be exposed to as it will lessen the impact of your illness. 

MAKE A CHOICE

ULDieter

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2020, 05:59:01 PM »
Well make a choice...unless one gets made for you.

https://covid19.colorado.gov

Was surprised to see thise
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2020, 09:44:52 PM »
[snip]BOTTOM LINE, if you wear a mask, you will lower exposure rates at worst, or not be exposed at best.  If you get exposed you want the least viral load to be exposed to as it will lessen the impact of your illness. [/snip]

As long as people think so... too bad in practice it doesn't work that way.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2020, 04:06:20 AM »
[snip]BOTTOM LINE, if you wear a mask, you will lower exposure rates at worst, or not be exposed at best.  If you get exposed you want the least viral load to be exposed to as it will lessen the impact of your illness. [/snip]

As long as people think so... too bad in practice it doesn't work that way.

for decades they've told us if you sneeze cover your mouth, either hand, arm, handkerchief or turn around.  I am pretty sure you have felt the crap coming out of somebody's nose many times, either kids or crap happens.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2020, 06:24:18 AM »
Mask theory fails when you consider the virus is small enough to slip through it

Many think the mask is a controlling issue...and in many cases they are correct IMO

If you think wearing a mask is best for you then wear one

They should not be mandated

If you dont like the fact someone else is not wearing one stay away from them

Businesses should have the right to do whatever they feel is best for their business to survive

We have the freedom to partake in it or not..from airlines to gyms and strip clubs...all the rules should be the same

If enough ppl are scared and need to see everyone in masks and their biz does not require it then their biz will suffer and they'd adjust their policy..

I think the issue now is more of us are not as scared as they would like/need us to be..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2020, 07:10:11 AM »
for decades they've told us if you sneeze cover your mouth, either hand, arm, handkerchief or turn around.  I am pretty sure you have felt the crap coming out of somebody's nose many times, either kids or crap happens.

semp

Unless you are air tight, you are not stopping that.

Lots of folks wearing mask seem to be getting sick. I see them messing with their mask all the time and touching their face.....

I believe what you are seeing is how unsanitary many folks are. Shocking how many folks rarely wash they hands. Of course that is not the only thing but it is very important.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2020, 09:15:25 AM »
You are also seeing just how out of shape the average American is

I believe this fact is affecting how many ppl get it and how it actually affects them

There is a reason we are called "fat Americans" by the rest of the world

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2020, 05:22:27 PM »
How do y’all figure that not wearing a filter (mask) is no better or worse than not wearing one  :headscratch:

If you were having surgery would you tell the surgery team don’t wear masks, “they don’t work?”
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2020, 06:36:31 AM »
In surgery they are not trying to stop a particle that is smaller than the holes in the mask from escaping their mouths.

Masks do nothing for your eyes.

Many ppl dont know how to wear one properly and are always touching their face to pull it up or adjust it thereby actually touching their face with germy hands more than if you did not wear a mask.
Gotta laugh when some don't seem to know enough to realize their nose needs to be covered too.

I wear a mask where I am instructed to as I do what I am told..I also don't resist arrest or back talk the police.

I don't think it does much in my case as I am not sick and have never made it a habit to stand in someone elses shadow

The heathly need to work. People and businesses need to have the right to make a living.

If you are scared, old, fat or any combo wear your mask and stay out of the way so the rest of us can keep the country going.

Eagler