Author Topic: New Side Balancing Attempt Pfffft  (Read 3051 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: New Side Balancing Attempt Pfffft
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2021, 11:29:03 PM »
... and the ENY... the numbers may be more even in action on the map but Tower jockeys still kill the ENY. Today (noon pst) Bish were 46% Knights were 26% and Rooks were 28%  people in combat was fairly even but our side had half the available aircraft blocked out to mostly mid-war and earlier hardware.
Why can’t we have an idle time out in the game so that if you sit in the tower or camp for more than 15 minutes you are warned then booted? Simply moving a vehicle (vehicle in motion wouldn’t even start a timer) or it’s gun (effectively allowing an alert camper) would reset the timer. In this scenario there wouldn’t have been any ENY penalty. Just a thought.

Or players that sit idle for “x” minutes do no affect ENY. If that’s possible?
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2021, 02:10:40 AM »
Yes that would be an option too!
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2021, 09:15:28 AM »
Or players that sit idle for “x” minutes do no affect ENY. If that’s possible?

An idea.....  kicking is how I believe most games deal with idle folks.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2021, 11:02:05 AM »
Kicking also makes the population look about 30 players short on average, which is unappealing. Id say not controller input for 5 minutes makes takes them out of the eny calculation would be the best of both worlds.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2021, 11:08:23 AM »
Kicking also makes the population look about 30 players short on average, which is unappealing. Id say not controller input for 5 minutes makes takes them out of the eny calculation would be the best of both worlds.

I agree..   but maybe 15 minutes if it is possible.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2021, 11:44:19 AM »
I agree..   but maybe 15 minutes if it is possible.

15-20, i've sat that long in a gv watching a map room.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2021, 12:18:10 PM »
15-20, i've sat that long in a gv watching a map room.

Not touching anything?  Not poking the map?  Not clicking on anything?  Not moving your view?  Not typing anything in buffer or using vox?

The thing is, autokick is not going to stop the guys who are using it for the precious win the war perks.

The problem I can see with people in tower not counting toward ENY is, people could sit, once they're not getting ENY anymore, a couple could launch say, low ENY bombers, then the rest of them could up and as their numbers start being counted, the ENY starts ramping up, but they still get more low ENY stuff in the air than it would've if they had been counted all together.

Although, thinking about it now if people were so inclined, they could get the same effect coordinating on discord and logging out and back on.  Maybe since that doesn't happen, it's not that much worth worrying about?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2021, 12:41:39 PM »
An idea.....  kicking is how I believe most games deal with idle folks.

Right. It would be an annoying but effective solution. I’ve gone AFK with intentions of coming back within a few minutes but stayed gone for 10-15 minutes or more. I also am thinking of people that are idle in the tower, so booting would probably be the better option. I mean, it’s not that hard to re-enter an arena.  :rofl
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2021, 01:43:27 PM »
Right. It would be an annoying but effective solution. I’ve gone AFK with intentions of coming back within a few minutes but stayed gone for 10-15 minutes or more. I also am thinking of people that are idle in the tower, so booting would probably be the better option. I mean, it’s not that hard to re-enter an arena.  :rofl

I have to mix more Rita's sometimes...... this game takes seconds to log back in.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2021, 02:42:36 PM »

No, but booting anyone makee the overall game population look smaller and less awesome.

I guess the main man would have to weigh in on this even being an option, or if its even considered an issue.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2021, 03:10:31 PM »
hitec has said many times that the amount of afk players is equal on all 3 countries.

other players have also pointed out that
there's also so many ways, to up a gv and keep it moving. so auto kick can easily be bypassed.

semp
semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2021, 03:20:09 PM »
hitec has said many times that the amount of afk players is equal on all 3 countries.

other players have also pointed out that
there's also so many ways, to up a gv and keep it moving. so auto kick can easily be bypassed.

semp
semp

At least they are a target to be killed, not sitting in the tower.

I agree however that in flight numbers vs country numbers IS close to even when i look at it.

The problem is when the arena numbers are REALLY low, and 2 guys makes a huge difference.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2021, 03:23:44 PM »
Just because you can't find me and I haven't moved for hours, doesn't mean I'm not in a mission waiting for the proper opportunity in my chosen steed.

Tower sitting can also be fun watching the action in external view.

I'm watching.......always.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 03:33:29 PM by icepac »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2021, 04:05:16 PM »
At least they are a target to be killed, not sitting in the tower.

I agree however that in flight numbers vs country numbers IS close to even when i look at it.

The problem is when the arena numbers are REALLY low, and 2 guys makes a huge difference.

Numbers get low... one good pilot can tilt the board. LOL

No we are not looking to disable good pilots during low numbers.  :P
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2021, 04:19:18 PM »
No, but booting anyone makee the overall game population look smaller and less awesome.

I guess the main man would have to weigh in on this even being an option, or if its even considered an issue.

I feel a bigger sense of betrayal when I see "huzzah! 70 players!" and log in and see 20 in flight.  I'm used to it, but it would be easy for it to feel like a bait-and-switch.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11