Author Topic: Auto-side balancing option suggestions  (Read 467 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Auto-side balancing option suggestions
« on: March 24, 2021, 09:09:27 AM »
Once the automatic side-balancing option was implemented, I activated it and have been enjoying it a lot.  I'm happy to be part of the effort to equalize sides, and I get to fly with people who's handles I recognize but have more often flown against.   Also its great to be occasionally on the same side as Silent's murderous guns!

If I could make a couple of suggestions:  First, have a buffer of at least a 2-player deficit before being switched automatically to the low side after a sortie.   I can be frustrating/confusing to be in the middle of working with a local group of players trying to take a base, when at the beginning of a new sortie you suddenly realize you're on a different team because the player balance changed by just 1 pilot.   This would occur less often if the side deficit had to be 2+ players before the auto switch puts you on the new low-numbered side.

Second, an audible cue would be a helpful notification if you've been switched to a new side, i.e. Windows "Tada.wav" or something like that.   In VR, my message text window isn't as prominently located as it was when using 2D full screen.   Most times after I end a sortie and go to the hangar, I won't realize it if I've been side switched.   

(Another idea - maybe the hangar interior could have the country's flag hanging on the back wall as a decoration, and an additional reminder of what team you're on...) 

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: Auto-side balancing option suggestions
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 10:08:57 AM »
I agree that the system is working well.  For tweaks, I think that the low-buffer idea is a good one.

- oldman

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 10:36:47 AM »
There already is a variable that controls the buffer before side switch happens and it is set at Must .  At the moment it is set at 2 which means  your country must be at greater than 2 bigger then the least country for you to be changed. I.E. 3 difference before you are moved.

HiTech

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 12:15:42 PM »
it is too funny sometimes...  go in and drop a town in a tank... bail to get troops and find you are at the base you just took town down hahahaha....it is like...damn it!!  ah well... defend that sucker now AlertAlert

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 12:56:40 PM »
Thanks Hitech. 

it is too funny sometimes...  go in and drop a town in a tank... bail to get troops and find you are at the base you just took town down hahahaha....it is like...damn it!!  ah well... defend that sucker now AlertAlert

Yep!  The life of a mercenary!   

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 01:00:37 PM »

LOL I don't have a problem with it, but it still feels unusual to see the guy that just killed me taking off 200 yards back. :)

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2021, 06:47:16 PM »
Does the green auto swap team still get a perk multiplier?

Those that signup for this are making a good difference in gameplay IMO

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2021, 08:59:06 PM »
Does the green auto swap team still get a perk multiplier?

Those that signup for this are making a good difference in gameplay IMO

Eagler

it's like keymart blue light specials.  60 perks to take towns down, depending on eny multiplier.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.