Author Topic: Rudders wont work  (Read 2021 times)

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
Rudders wont work
« on: April 11, 2021, 03:45:29 PM »
When windows 10 came out my rudders ceased to work, (CH USB Pro Pedals). My computer was fairly old and it was obvious I wouldn't be able to continue flying with it and couldn't afford a new one so I quit the game altogether. When I got my stimulus check I stimulated myself by buying a new gaming computer and my worst nightmare has come true. My rudders won't work. They show movement in the scaling, (but the numbers are erratic) program but won't work on planes. PLEASE help me..I've got a lot of money invested in this computer just so I could fly again.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Rudders wont work
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 07:21:21 PM »
Did you calibrate the axis and assign it to Yaw(rudder)?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 08:44:51 PM »
I have CH pedals and WIN10 and they work so its not likely to be a conflict issue.

To find the calibration for windows......

in the search box (lower left of the desktop) type "control panel" without the quotes
in the right panel select "Devices and printers"
right click on the pedals icon and select "game controller settings"
highlight the pedals in the list and select "properties"
select settings at the top and calibrate.

if you see the movement there you should be able to get it selected and calibrated in the game.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 12:56:42 AM »
Because if you don't actually move them to their extents when calibrating they act as buttons. On-off...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 07:07:56 AM »

This happened to me not long ago.  Very embarrassing.

- oldman

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 07:47:07 AM »
Thx for the help so far guys but all these things were already done.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2021, 08:24:52 AM »
Just in case this was overlooked, be sure that Mode 1 (Planes & Default) is selected in the Map Controllers clipboard function.

You could try unplugging the pedals and deleting the .jsm file in AH's Settings folder (or renaming to "Save_xxxx.jsm") for the pedals.   Plug the pedals back in, and when you start AH again it should recreate the JSM file.  Then go to Map Controllers and try the calibration and setting the Axes assignments again.   

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2021, 08:37:25 AM »
With rudder pedals untouched it stays at full left rudder when I try to move the rudders right they go to the 0 position. No amount of calibrating changes it. They calibrate and work fine in windows. WTF..I've got a 1200 dollar facebook machine here. Also the pedals are spiking like crazy.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2021, 08:48:07 AM »
Do you have any other game you could test them on so we could have info towards working out if it is AH3, windows 10 or hardware related?
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2021, 08:57:19 AM »
Thx to everyone I got the dang thing to work! Now if I could figure out how to exit the plane I,ll be all set to configure everything and come up and play target drone for everyone...thx again guys...one thing I love about this game is you can always count on people to help :salute :cheers:

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2021, 08:58:22 AM »
I've noticed that my rudder pedals arent active at start up. I have auto take off on by default and the pedals dont move when tested on the runway,as soon as I'm in the air and move my JS to turn off auto take off the rudder pedals become active.

At first I tried to calibrate,re-activate the yaw axis ect. and nothing seemed to matter,then I discovered that as soon as auto take off is disabled the rudders seem to become active.Not sure if that was part of a game patch to stop twist rudders from turning off auto pilot.

Aztec,try turning off auto take off,just move your JS,then test rudder pedals and see if that helps,plz let us know the results.

:salute

Seems you have resolved the issue while I was posting! :aok
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 09:00:27 AM by morfiend »

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2021, 09:10:46 AM »
Thx Morfiend and  :salute old friend...I got my pedals working....almost by accident. Now I've got a real stupid question...I can't figure out how to exit the plane, DOH.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2021, 09:20:22 AM »
You can type .ef in the text buffer, or click end flight on the clipboard.

Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2021, 11:09:16 AM »
Ya what Sik said,if it's red it's a ditch,green good to go and I noticed it's yellow if enabled to end sortie in flight,as in the TA.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2021, 11:22:08 AM »
In flight you can exit by hitting Enter three times...  :t
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni