Author Topic: T-34/85 dominance  (Read 5733 times)

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
Re: T-34/85 dominance
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2021, 06:14:08 PM »
The biggest beef I have is the quality of the optics are not modeled. Soviet options should be similar to looking through a glass of iced tea. Instead, they enjoy the same clarity of German optics which is a travesty.

As Kenai pointed out, the T34's optics are terrible compared to most GVs.
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2021, 02:24:50 AM »
It's better.  The key is knowing where to hit the T2.  You obviously were killed by someone who did.

Not sure how you can see well enough at 1k+ to place your shot extremely accurately.  Maybe your graphics are better than mine?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2021, 01:17:28 PM »
I'm not sure how some of you think 7,000+ more kills than any other unit is not constituted as overkill...
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline TyFoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2021, 07:36:44 PM »
What is the difference if the T34 gets 7,000+ kills "over" other tanks or if the Panther or Tiger 2 gets em? If this discussion was about balance I would understand, but it isn't.  "World of Tanks" has an easy mode.

So the T34/85 has become the choice of GV players with little or no complaint. BUT because a few people do not want to learn anymore about the ground game than what they already know - things need to be changed?

That sounds oddly familiar, almost like the G*v**nm**t sticking their nose into things - you know that same entity many of these same guys whine about. . . lol . . . the paradox "to fix what isn't broken" . . . thats great. . . lol

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2021, 10:41:33 PM »
If Tempests were 2 perks and dominated the air war id want their perks adjusted too...

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2021, 12:39:07 PM »
What is the difference if the T34 gets 7,000+ kills "over" other tanks or if the Panther or Tiger 2 gets em? If this discussion was about balance I would understand, but it isn't.  "World of Tanks" has an easy mode.

So the T34/85 has become the choice of GV players with little or no complaint. BUT because a few people do not want to learn anymore about the ground game than what they already know - things need to be changed?

That sounds oddly familiar, almost like the G*v**nm**t sticking their nose into things - you know that same entity many of these same guys whine about. . . lol . . . the paradox "to fix what isn't broken" . . . thats great. . . lol

I don't think you have actually read my posts.
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Cluzig

• Copper Member
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2021, 09:49:07 AM »
There needs to be a reason as to why people would want to choose a tank that is NOT a T34/85 and currently as Kenai said it's rocket tank, fancy german tank or t34/85.
The tiger should be a good defensive tank but in game ranges and hvap 85 turtles leave it more vulnerable than it was in reality. 2 well positioned tigers operating in relays to reload and refuel could hold back 30 t34s.

The M4/76 and jagdpanzer should be free imho when an 85 is just so damn common and is so cheap on perks. That would possibly counter the current trend.

The unpredictable nature of it's armour can be it's real quality.

A panther can be turreted by 20mm and possibly 50cal. Why is it 10 perks more. Correct me if I'm wrong but why would anyone choose a panther with this glaring weakness for general tanking?

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2021, 07:20:56 PM »
I decided to roll a Tiger 2 to a base. Nothing was being rolled to kill me but T-34-85s. After 12 or 13 kills, the few of them got me. But it speaks volumes that death after death, they still roll the T-34-85, because 2 perks might as well be 0.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2021, 04:23:38 PM »
I decided to roll a Tiger 2 to a base. Nothing was being rolled to kill me but T-34-85s. After 12 or 13 kills, the few of them got me. But it speaks volumes that death after death, they still roll the T-34-85, because 2 perks might as well be 0.

Some people use it as a crutch, not all. The T-34 is a funny beast, there's a couple of easy kill points, but other times when you expect an easy kill you get nothing (most recently I had a side shot with a 75mm, 100m or less, got a hit splash but no damage/kill).

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2021, 04:35:41 PM »
i think the only true tank to tank kill I've gotten in a year, was when i took town down and a t34 killed 2 m3s. flyboys stared yelling about a tank next to the flag. i slowly turned a corner and saw it.  only had he, never carry ap, aimed to rear and to my surprise, i tracked him and smoked him.  put another round in same place and it blew up.

I was surprised more than he was.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2021, 04:43:58 PM »
i think the only true tank to tank kill I've gotten in a year, was when i took town down and a t34 killed 2 m3s. flyboys stared yelling about a tank next to the flag. i slowly turned a corner and saw it.  only had he, never carry ap, aimed to rear and to my surprise, i tracked him and smoked him.  put another round in same place and it blew up.

I was surprised more than he was.

semp
:rock :banana:
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2021, 05:46:28 PM »
all this talk about armor is missing the point. I kill 90% of gvs including tanks I shoot at with 1 shot. Thats because the terrains ensure that 90% of shots will be less than 1000 yards and 99% less than 1500yrds.

so with armor and gun being irrelevant. Speed of the turret, reload time, and speed of the tank are what matters. T-34 is 1st, 4th, 1st respectively.

Who is John Galt?

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2021, 02:59:08 AM »

‘The tiger should be a good defensive tank but in game ranges and hvap 85 turtles leave it more vulnerable than it was in reality. 2 well positioned tigers operating in relays to reload and refuel could hold back 30 t34s.

A panther can be turreted by 20mm and possibly 50cal. Why is it 10 perks more. Correct me if I'm wrong but why would anyone choose a panther with this glaring weakness for general tanking?’

What he said  :aok
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2021, 08:59:27 AM »
Panther cannot be killed with .50 cal, a 20mm can disable it at close range though, it was meant to kill stuff at range.

In War thunder simulator mode the T34-85 in non-town environment get picked off with ease with any german 75mm up to 800 yeards providing you know where to shoot.
In towns the early T34-85 are really good due to fast revolving turrets and superior mobility, they share the same combat rating as the Panther D in War Thunder.
The better gun, late T34-85 have the same combat rating as the Panther A (faster gun traverse) in War Thunder.

A penetration is not a automatic kill, it is a degradion of its performance until it burns or ammo explode, with crew members wounded or worse.
Thats why the Germans always kept on shooting at a enemy disabled tanks until they burned.

The T34s in general are exceptionally bad compared with german tanks due to they are more cramped, and more of its crew/systems  get affected by a penetration.

Not everything is good in WT, APCR ammunition suck in there, and some tanks are overpowered compared with it's peers, best examples are the late KV1 series, and early Tiger I that share the same battle rating as the Panther D.

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2021, 10:26:17 AM »
I believe the panther can be disabled with a solid stream of 50 cals from a steep angle. Panzer can be killed pretty consistently with 50 cars from above. I find m4s not so much and t34s impossible. Gotta use a stuka for them.