Author Topic: New "DR7"  (Read 3316 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: New "DR7"
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2021, 10:06:39 PM »
Simple solution. Speak to the guy, explain that our comrade who has pass on used that handle and as a community we think it would be great if he, the new player, would willingly change it out of respect. Any reasonable person would agree to that.

If he disagrees with that then most likely he has chosen the handle for attention and in disrespect of the original. At this point anyone who takes exception to the behaviour can perma-squelch him and reduce the attention he can gain from the stunt.

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2021, 10:15:08 PM »
This physically makes me sick
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2021, 10:21:01 AM »
Any reasonable person would agree to that.

Therein is the problem; “Any reasonable Person..”  if this guy was, this would have never been an issue. 

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2021, 01:53:04 PM »
Simple solution. Speak to the guy, explain that our comrade who has pass on used that handle and as a community we think it would be great if he, the new player, would willingly change it out of respect. Any reasonable person would agree to that.

If he disagrees with that then most likely he has chosen the handle for attention and in disrespect of the original. At this point anyone who takes exception to the behaviour can perma-squelch him and reduce the attention he can gain from the stunt.
he was spoken to about it in a polite and respectable manner in PM and 200. Multiple players reached out to see first if it may be a son or relative with no response. Multiple chances were given to communicate including walking through how to communicate via 200 and range vox. When the map reset to this player proceeded to act like he was Dr7 from the grave right before the map switched. Then at the beginning of the new map he created a squadron called zombie squad.....
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2021, 01:57:54 PM »
You don't seem to understand, it is not a duplicate. There can not be a game id of both Dr7 and DR7. They are treated the same.

All Game id's are clean out from deleted accounts to be used again.

HiTech
as a paying customer I just want to say that it is comforting to the very least that you are aware of the situation. I did not want to personally bother you with this as your a busy guy. I am good with whatever comes out of this including no action at all. After my disappointment and border line anger has passed the simple fact that we have been allowed the opportunity to share what transpired for this long brings enough closure on the subject for me to move on and ignore it if it happens again.  :salute
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2021, 02:26:09 PM »
This has happened before and it probably will again before the end.  :aok

<S> DR7
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Online Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2021, 04:36:24 PM »
There are lots of re-used handles, more recently there's a seano and rekkof. Neither of home are the originals.

Also DR7 never participated on #200.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 05:11:41 PM by Vulcan »

Offline TyFoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2021, 05:33:18 PM »
There are lots of re-used handles, more recently there's a seano and rekkof. Neither of home are the originals.

Also DR7 never participated on #200.

rekkof is an original. I knew him back in Warbirds and we just spoke with each other a week ago or so. . . .

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2021, 05:53:06 PM »
Therein is the problem; “Any reasonable Person..”  if this guy was, this would have never been an issue.

Ah yeah, bad news then. So unanimous perma-squelch and give him/her no satisfaction.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2021, 06:53:33 PM »
agree  Rekkof is original. I have flown with him in many flight sims going back to Red Baron on the INN Network. We both had some huge bills back
in those days  :rofl    and that was a really fun online flight sim.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2021, 07:22:59 PM »
You guys are being way over dramatic.  Just report his behavior to HTC and be done with it.  Put on your big boy pants.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2021, 07:26:21 PM »
You guys are being way over dramatic.  Just report his behavior to HTC and be done with it.  Put on your big boy pants.
This ^

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Online Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2021, 08:03:55 PM »
rekkof is an original. I knew him back in Warbirds and we just spoke with each other a week ago or so. . . .

Me too! He's been very quiet so I thought it was a new guy. Rekkof was -fokr- in WB right?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 08:06:05 PM by Vulcan »

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2021, 07:46:34 AM »
So was Pipz, and I'm pretty sure anyone could snatch his up if they wanted to.

If sacred shrine to the call signs of fallen players was not made for Pipz, then we're all fair game as far as I'm concerned.

Dude, don't tell me Pipz is dead.
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2021, 08:09:53 AM »

That is the path I've chosen to take but imma do it naked and unafraid :bolt: :x :cheers: