Author Topic: Tax returns  (Read 1758 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Tax returns
« on: October 13, 2021, 09:18:04 AM »
Anyone still waiting for their federal tax return??
Yes I was totally stupid and mailed it in but they received it and I did get the receipt.
Guess I better talk to a human. The where’s my refund thing says information doesn’t match records but I triple checked that and I do put it in correctly.
Sure could use that $$$$$$
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Tax returns
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 10:40:04 AM »
Mine was a year late last time. Government doing what it does best: incompetency.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 11:02:05 AM »
Had to mail mine in this year also as something didn't validate when I tried to e-file...

It took about 5 months to receive it

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 11:15:28 AM »
I filed mine in February and got my return about 3 days later.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 02:13:32 PM »
Efiled mine in March... recieved the refund about a month later
Ram
 :salute
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 02:27:31 PM »
Had to turn around and send mine back to the IRS after they sent me a bill for the two months of obamacare I had to signup for when my contracting gig went insurance free...though I never used it, I was under charged originally by about $1700 a month...and they wanted every penny...

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2021, 01:55:41 AM »
I filed mine in February but with stupid tax issues and all I finally got mine buy the end of August with some changes the government did it took mine longer. So it’s just not you and I did mine online
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2021, 09:16:49 AM »
I am a multimillionaire  :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2021, 09:11:42 AM »
  Arrange your Taxes so you get no refund. They are withholding too much and getting to use your money interest free for a year. You could be putting that money in an investment instead.
                                                         This is not financial advice just common sense.  :salute
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2021, 10:09:05 AM »
I used to enjoy getting a bit back from the feds. Now I end up paying somewhere between $100 to $200 when the taxes are done. I have them done in March. If the next year ends up costing a bit more I'll adjust the withholding again. I used to think about the bit about the govt using "my" money "interest free" and disregard that. Given how little interest is paid on even CD's now there really is no loss of interest.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2021, 11:12:57 AM »
  Arrange your Taxes so you get no refund. They are withholding too much and getting to use your money interest free for a year. You could be putting that money in an investment instead.

I know of some people who have zero will power and blow there money before it comes in. At least with the gov. holding/using their money through the year they get a "bonus" check each year to bail them out.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2021, 02:04:01 PM »
People are spending their refund now as they are getting their child tax credit payments monthly...

It will be interesting as I think many do not realize this and are in for a shock next filing.

Eagler

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2021, 02:19:25 PM »

For some maybe, for me, by law I am forced to withhold 10% from my IRA withdrawals which of course
forces a refund... if u have a better idea... please tell me
Ram  :salute
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2021, 05:57:39 PM »
I am a multimillionaire  :)

I’m sure you don’t want me running low on funds this year, I’d only need a few hundred thousand? Spare change right? :aok

I would if I could but 20% is gobbled up by Uncle Sam as a withholding. I do get the option with state tax and do that.

Lately I’ve been good financially and ends meet after a few bad years of stupid decisions, like lending money to my sister  :( :rolleyes: :eek: :uhoh :headscratch:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 06:05:16 PM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2021, 11:39:02 PM »
Investments :rofl

In China?

:rofl

Traitors :rofl

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario