Author Topic: Head postion  (Read 5587 times)

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
Head postion
« on: November 23, 2021, 05:07:19 PM »
its been a long time since i tried this game. I got the new version on steam and set it up.
The head positions are not moving for me at all. Is it no longer possible to move or adjust?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Head postion
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 05:17:43 PM »
Are you using VR, some adjustments dont work the same in VR

Did you assign a slider or axis to move you head positions around like zoom? If so you cant have both, either you use an axis, or a key combination.

First things that come to mind.

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 06:26:00 PM »
No VR and no slider for adjusting head pos. Its shows the left/right up /down arrow keys like i remember year ago

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2021, 08:41:06 PM »
Page up and down also. Press the home key and then use f10/11 to save, this will set your forward view to look out the canopy instead of at the gauges. Then adjust your other views with arrow and page up/down and save with F10/11.

All the key maps are available in options,controls map keys.

hope this helps.  BTW I say F10/11 because it has changed and may be either of them,you'll see view position saved when you hit the proper key.

:salute

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2021, 11:21:42 PM »
What about head tracking?  If head tracking is enabled, just move your head and hit F10 to save the new position (I think) or turn off the head tracking while in game (I think trackIR's on/off button was F9) and then the arrow keys should work.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2021, 09:44:27 AM »
Have to pause head tracking if using TIR or VR before you can adjust head position. Once set as you like hit F10, it's saved. Hit the recenter view button and tracking is re-enabled. And you're off.

The arrow keys, pgup and pgdn keys will do nothing if tracking is enabled. There's a key command to pause it. Don't remember it offhand and I'm on my phone.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2021, 09:56:39 AM »
Have to pause head tracking if using TIR or VR before you can adjust head position. Once set as you like hit F10, it's saved. Hit the recenter view button and tracking is re-enabled. And you're off.

The arrow keys, pgup and pgdn keys will do nothing if tracking is enabled. There's a key command to pause it. Don't remember it offhand and I'm on my phone.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

If you're using VR (and I believe I heard someone say the same applies for head tracking) you can move your head and hit F10 to save the position your head is in as the new center.  So to get my head where I want it in the cockpit in VR, I just move my head a little bit in the direction I want to go and hit F10 as many times as I need to to move the center where I want them.

Same applies if you hold any of the view direction keys or hat.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2021, 09:44:43 PM »
I am not using VR. I have old Version of game on my PC. Same issues.
I have the latest install from steam. They both have no movement with page up/down or arrow keys.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2021, 10:07:55 PM »
I am not using VR. I have old Version of game on my PC. Same issues.
I have the latest install from steam. They both have no movement with page up/down or arrow keys.

Are you sure you didnt add an axis to any head movement?

Once I thought it would be great to tie my mini joystick on my CH throttle to head movement. It took away any head adjustments and I had to only use the mini stick to get any movement.

You can rename your settings folder in the C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High III folder of the game to "_old" or something. Restart the game and it will build a new settings folder. Test to see if you can get head movement with the arrows and page up and down keys. If you can you have something else assigned to the movement and that is what is messing it up.

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2021, 10:15:09 PM »
no i did nothing to change head positions. I can't see my gauges at all.
O well. I am to old for this obviously anyway. I can't shoot planes in offline arena easily anymore.
Its just to frustrating now.
Thanks for all the replies. 
I give up

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2021, 02:50:57 PM »
After resting . i decided to try again.
Got my son looking into the possibilties. He DL'd AH3 and it alll works for him

FIle attached showing the settings are on default for head position
frustrating since I cant see my gauges.

we used another keyboard and got the same error.
when i tried to clear arrow Keys to resert them the reset wanted to change to something other than what i am pushing.
Obviously software issue
My Win 10 was reset to fresh instlal just two weeks ago and no other known issues
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 03:01:32 PM by GenMata »

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2021, 10:13:47 AM »
By chance maybe you are in "zoom" view? Default Z key,press it and see if it toggles between zoom and no zoom { and } or bracket keys more the zoomed view.

Also AH3 uses a different default field of view,back in AH1 and 2 it used 106 now it uses 90,this will restrict the view of the gauges but before you go changing that lets see if we cant fix the head movement first.

You may have a corrupt file try re-installing the game and plz report back with any results.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2021, 05:23:03 PM »
After resting . i decided to try again.
Got my son looking into the possibilties. He DL'd AH3 and it alll works for him

FIle attached showing the settings are on default for head position
frustrating since I cant see my gauges.

we used another keyboard and got the same error.
when i tried to clear arrow Keys to resert them the reset wanted to change to something other than what i am pushing.
Obviously software issue
My Win 10 was reset to fresh instlal just two weeks ago and no other known issues

Sometimes the game assigns functions to controllers. You can unplug your controllers and see if that helps.  If it does then check all the assignments.

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2021, 02:34:41 PM »
By chance maybe you are in "zoom" view? Default Z key,press it and see if it toggles between zoom and no zoom { and } or bracket keys more the zoomed view.

Also AH3 uses a different default field of view,back in AH1 and 2 it used 106 now it uses 90,this will restrict the view of the gauges but before you go changing that lets see if we cant fix the head movement first.

You may have a corrupt file try re-installing the game and plz report back with any results.

No sire. I have a zoom bottom working. The only problem i have is the head position adjustments. I cant see my dash at all. Dont know what secondary weapon is assigned or anything. I'm thinking i will have to reinstall windows even if i just went back to first saved point after my last install. What a chore

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2021, 03:02:02 PM »
What is your field of view setting?