Author Topic: January 2022 KOTH Date.  (Read 2113 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: January 2022 KOTH Date.
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2022, 08:06:32 AM »
KOTH tonight with Mosquito the first plane.
Hope my fingers thaw out by then.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline trogdor

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2022, 02:25:59 PM »
+1 regarding 4 total round wins to win KOTH event for previous winners of any number of events.
"It's like watching a bunch of retards trying to hump a doorknob out there."
- Patches O'Houlihan

Offline trogdor

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2022, 06:36:08 PM »
On the other hand, handicapping the competition might be seen to undermine the putative point of the tournament: for the best flying to win the day.
Wouldn't want a KOTH win to become a watered-down participation award.
"It's like watching a bunch of retards trying to hump a doorknob out there."
- Patches O'Houlihan

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2022, 08:53:03 PM »
I think it gives the non-repetative winners more of a chance.

And I am really thinking of having a minimum attendance to run a KOTH, tonight we had 4 guys dueling excluding the host.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 08:54:45 PM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2022, 06:34:38 AM »
I didn't see a notice in MA arena message about KOTH this month

I think they help as not everyone reads this bbs

Thanks for the fights guys!

Thanks for hosting fuzeman <S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2022, 07:51:50 AM »
I have not been flying much and entered melee first time all week just before for the ninety minute announcement and noticed that or lack of it.

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2022, 08:58:03 AM »
Normally I'd have been able to stay for the full time but had to leave for an errand. The 3 rounds I was able to participate were fun! (At least I was able to surprise Eagler in the P39Q - but then forgetting to check fuel load and only taking 25% probably had something to do with that, lol.)

I also will try and get at least one other person to enter next month - if we all do that, that's 8-10+ right there. 

Probably too much administrative hassle, but offering say, 25-50 perkies (fighter of course) for showing up and the winner gets the already published prize(s)? I can see pros and cons to this, tho' - ymmv.

I think it gives the non-repetative winners more of a chance.

And I am really thinking of having a minimum attendance to run a KOTH, tonight we had 4 guys dueling excluding the host.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2022, 09:27:42 AM »
There is absolutely no way I would award perks for just attending a KOTH. Its a pandora’s box of trouble.
What is attending a KOTH?

( pause to cogitate )

Staying for the whole thing? Showing up and flying round one and leaving? Showing up and not even flying? I could see some poindexter coming in and trying that.
The dogfights alone should really be a good enough thing in a air combat game to attract players. I hope you see my point. Way to subjective.

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2022, 09:43:02 AM »
Yeah, I thought of those things as being part of the administrative hassle of monitoring play(ers.) Perkies are meaningless to me, fwiw.   I'll at least try and drag a few people in next month.

There is absolutely no way I would award perks for just attending a KOTH. Its a pandora’s box of trouble.
What is attending a KOTH?

( pause to cogitate )

Staying for the whole thing? Showing up and flying round one and leaving? Showing up and not even flying? I could see some poindexter coming in and trying that.
The dogfights alone should really be a good enough thing in a air combat game to attract players. I hope you see my point. Way to subjective.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2022, 09:55:31 AM »
Good luck and it’s appreciated.
From The Shawshank Redemption…

Hope is a good thing.