Author Topic: Orders?  (Read 3818 times)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
Re: Orders?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2022, 06:58:40 PM »
It is a really simple concept. 

If you are a CO, XO, or officer for the admin of your squad, you have an OBLIGATION to maintain your preferences and numbers. 

If you think you can contribute to making the game fun, then volunteer to CM.  Admin or setup. 

Quite frankly I am tired of having to herd cats.  If you log into FSO and participate, you are agreeing to fly by the FSO rules.  I cannot and will not babysit any squad that doesn't update their information each and every month like the rest of us have for well over a decade.

Let it be known that if I catch someone going off and freelancing from the orders, I will ground you and then ensure you get banned from participation.  We prefer to have more players play.  But you need to understand that FSO isn't the MA.  It also isn't one of the special events.  FSO is its own animal.  We receive objectives every week by Sunday.  We expect the assigned CICs to produce orders by Wednesday evening.  Sometimes that is not possible so just communicate that to the community that another squad steps up to get orders out. 

For someone to come out in the forums and berate the CMs, you are way out of line.  We pour HOURS into the events we create and host.  Week in and week out.  All we ask of you is update your preferences every month.  It takes all but 3 minutes to do.  And if you are CiC for a particular frame, plan and get the orders out.  It takes maybe an hour minimum depending on how detailed you want to be.

I just poured over 4 hours into a plan I sent out.  All it takes is one person or squadron to ruin said plan.  If you have a hard time following orders of following the rules of the event, then perhaps this event is not for you.   

We prefer that the squad in question continues to participate.  We hope that you update your preferences when that window opens for the week or two before then next month.  I know the CO has been an advocate for FSO since he came back and I will do everything I can to assist with that if it is something I can do. 

On that note, to the ones that don't care, never have, and never will.  It would appear that the FSO setup isn't something that would be a good fit for you.  If what you said is truly the reason you quit the game, and you truly don't care, then why are you in this forum making statements about not caring?  According to you, you quit and you don't care...   :headscratch:

<<S>> to Darkwood and The Bad Guys -  I hope y'all stay.  Please reach out to me anytime via PM or email.  I will always hear you out.     
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2022, 08:06:20 PM »
You don't have to get the whiteboard and markers out Warhawk.

Just letting you know from a new guy's perspective what would push people away and is currently pushing people away. Little too tight with rules when there is barely anyone showing up anymore. Hopefully I am wrong, and it will turn around.

Darkwood,

Simply said, we want you to be happy within this event and have fun. Everybody is an adult here. We can't help if we don't know what the problems are. Remember, the guys putting in the hours to produce these events are players as well.

Those that have nothing more than aimless venom for the event and the guys that produce this fun for us have choices. They should act on those choices.

But ruining everyone else's fun is not one of those choices.
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2022, 09:00:21 PM »
We all do and strive to make it fun for everyone involved. :salute

And usually it is a lot of FUN. My squaddies and the other players is why I keep showing up. Haven't missed a FSO since coming back.

We was Axis for 3 FSO's and never once did I update nor did we get switched. So If I didn't update the page then that means I don't wanna switch.

Some may not think of it as a big deal but then again some of us do.

A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2022, 09:19:10 PM »
And usually it is a lot of FUN. My squaddies and the other players is why I keep showing up. Haven't missed a FSO since coming back.

We was Axis for 3 FSO's and never once did I update nor did we get switched. So If I didn't update the page then that means I don't wanna switch.

Some may not think of it as a big deal but then again some of us do.

Thats the point of ensuring you update.  We look at the last time each squad updates.  If it has been a couple or few months, then we simply have to move squads around to balance.  The squads that are not current usually will be shuffled around so we can maintain balance.  It's the nature of the beast.  Happened to me a LOT in the past.  And even now, if the sides won't balance because one or two squads put in for the other side but the majority also is requesting the same side, we have no choice but to move squads around.  Y'all aren't the first or last squad to go thru this.  Happens to every single squad.  I wish we could avoid it but its simply not possible.  It is a big deal. 

We all want to put squads where they want to be.  For anyone to debate that fact lacks logistical understanding.  I promise you that we do everything we can to ensure every squad is where they want to be.  It just isn't possible every month.  But I promise you that we do try. 

All we can ask is that you update and we will do our best to ensure you get what you want.  We cannot assume what your intent is because you haven't updated in months.  That is not realistic to assume.  Each squad is different.  What we would assume for one squad is something different for another squad (intent).  We go by what we see in front of us. 

For instance.  If a squad is asking for a particular ride, the CMs have no control over that.  That is the CiC's job.  But if we are assigning sides, we will assign squads according to which side they asked for.  If I have to choose between any squad to balance a particular FSO, I will always look at who updated most recently and put them where they asked to be placed first.  This is why it is so important to update regularly. 

Again, I hope this doesn't run y'all off.       
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline HGANCHOR

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2022, 11:40:30 PM »
How do you cus somebody out without getting kicked out of the game? I know you don't. Well, whoever is running the show tonight thanks for the wonderful job you did of setting up the arena so that the Axis were the only ones to see ICONS. You have such a cherished place in us Allied pilots hearts. You really, really, no really seem to know what you're doing. I don't care what my squad mates said, you not dumb and what my dog left in the yard this morning. Besides, who cares what those guys who pay the same as the Axis pay per month to fly while getting totally unequal or uneven gaming experience have to say. We should thank you for you trying to challenge us more while giving the Axis every advantage you possibly can in the arena due to your setup. I keep telling my squad mates that you're not totally inept and that despite the Allies paying the same price every month there is no reason to quit the game. You're just trying to make us better pilots. We really love what you have done for our Friday night adventure that we waited 3 whole weeks to fly. You're  spectacularly Awesome. Excuse me now I have go and wipe. By the way, this is why people kills puppies. It's you and people like you.
Anchor sends
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 11:54:16 PM by HGANCHOR »
Lifes hard, it's harder if your stupid!

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2022, 11:48:04 PM »
Icons were fubar for the Axis as well.

If a player flew through a cloud, their icons turned off and they can't see icons either.

It's bullcrap, I agree.

We've had this issue before and the cause is known and how to correct it. The down side is that it requires changing the cloud file and affected player to relog. But nobody wants to put the event on hold for a few minutes to get everything reset and working properly for everyone. Which is extra bullcrap.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2022, 06:36:54 AM »
Looks like all the a-holes are coming out.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2022, 08:35:24 AM »
Looks like all the a-holes are coming out.

shame that they have to isn't it
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2022, 08:57:49 AM »
shame that they have to isn't it

Whats a shame is that your XO came in and made personal attacks about the CM's and orders when it's the individual squads putting the effort to put those together, not the CM. At least whine to the right people. There is such a thing as constructive criticism and then there's just being an a-hole, but i guess he's just following his lead.

For a game with an older player base it really feels like it's a bunch of 12 year old's.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2022, 09:14:54 AM »
Whats a shame is that your XO

That is not my XO. He retired. He then came on here and added his .02 cents which he has the right to do.

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2022, 11:44:12 AM »
That is not my XO. He retired. He then came on here and added his .02 cents which he has the right to do.

Yep, like any other keyboard warrior… which lends a lot less credibility to his posts IMHO, thanks for clearing that up.   :aok
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2022, 12:25:02 PM »
As a CM I didn't even know we could adjust icons for only one side.
Oh, that’s right. We can’t.  :aok
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2022, 02:50:39 PM »
Yep, like any other keyboard warrior… which lends a lot less credibility to his posts IMHO, thanks for clearing that up.   :aok

Credibility? Are you smoking crack????

He shared his personal experience with FSO.

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline 8903

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2022, 04:15:00 PM »

Sorry Darkwood, I should have removed my XO tag prior to speaking my mind. I removed it and they can all go pack sand.

I played this game non-stop for 10 years that's time and money vested in a game that I slowly watched go down hill. I retired / Quit playing because of crap like this. I spoke my mind because someone had too, sorry not sorry if i hurt peoples wittle feelings.

But your all correct this game and the OLDER player base running it will never change, way to set in their ways. I seen it first hand on how people got upset when things in an arena got changed around and that person got treated like crap, just because they were trying to make it fun and increase the numbers. To the point they were removed as staff because of someone crying about it.

-i'm out.

Founding CO of VF-4 Red Rippers (RIP)

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2022, 06:37:20 PM »
I say to all players who can point out all the problems in FSO.  Put your money where your mouth is. Join the CM team and help solve the problems.

We can use all the help we can.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?