Author Topic: Quest Wireless Airlink  (Read 559 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Quest Wireless Airlink
« on: February 07, 2022, 04:49:10 PM »
I got a bit bored this weekend so I decided to have a bit of fun with my Quest. I also use an original Rift (CK1), most of the time this is what I play on. The Quest is also shared among my kids, and occasionally I get it back.

I decided to give Wireless Air Link a bit of a go (the Quest works as a tether PC VR headset except over Wifi). I really wanted to see if I could get Onward going on it, I love the Quest native version of Onward but the lure of the PC graphics tempted me. I also have a spare 802.1ac 4x4 MIMO access point kicking around I could dedicate to the Quest.

The result was quite impressive, AH was absolutely fine. I was getting a constant 71fps and clarify was good. Onward was equally good but I had to keep the graphic settings relatively low to keep FPS acceptable. I also gave Skyrim VR and spin and that was awesome being able to play PC VR away from the PC with no cables. I have the access point setup in my garage and leave the cars outside when I want to play - gives me a nice open play space without the risk of punching my monitor (which I have done occasionally in Skyrim VR).

Is anyone else running wireless Airlink?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Quest Wireless Airlink
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 03:17:46 PM »
Wireless doesn't add any lag you have to compensate for?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2022, 04:02:48 AM »
Nope, not that I noticed.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2022, 08:38:37 AM »
I've not played with it much in the MA but I've only used Airlink so far. Haven't noticed any lag in AH or MSFS as of yet.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com