Author Topic: Auto Side Switching Sucks  (Read 3469 times)

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
Auto Side Switching Sucks
« on: February 12, 2022, 02:49:46 PM »
 :old: this needs to end,1 minute this  guys on your side, the next minute he is the enemy, he/she knows where your ships are-he/knows whats going on at your bases, they know where you are attacking.

auto side switching is a legal way to cheat. and it needs to end. if a pilot or gv'r can't get their perks the normal way then maybe they shouldn't play
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
Re: Auto Side Switching Sucks
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 03:07:36 PM »

a legal way to cheat. can't get their perks the normal way then maybe they shouldn't play

And what would one achieve by cheating in this game? please tell me.

Perks from winning the war???  I can make more points from side switching in one hour then winning 25 for a reset.
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 03:25:29 PM »
How is the 'auto' part of it 'cheating?' Just curious.  :old:

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2022, 03:27:53 PM »

The auto side switcher was implemented to prevent extremes in ENY. If anyone has suggestions or ideas on how to modify the side switcher and maintain the balance this is a good time.

Is is possible to lengthen the number of sorties before the switch or maybe only a percentage of those that selected auto switched get switched and make those that picked get selected at random?

Or, change which vehicles and planes are subject to ENY? 

:salute

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2022, 05:01:34 PM »
:old: this needs to end,1 minute this  guys on your side, the next minute he is the enemy, he/she knows where your ships are-he/knows whats going on at your bases, they know where you are attacking.

auto side switching is a legal way to cheat. and it needs to end. if a pilot or gv'r can't get their perks the normal way then maybe they shouldn't play

Oh, lord, not another spy scandal thread.

I love auto-switch.  Seems to me it has been the most effective way, ever, to keep the sides balanced.  And people you once thought of as irritating are now your friends as you join their side.

I do not grasp the alleged link between auto-switch and perk farming.  There's no guarantee that you won't get auto-switched again before the map is won; in fact, that is very likely.  If you want to be a spy, there are far better ways to do it.

- oldman

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2022, 05:07:39 PM »
A whine has been recorded............ :x
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2022, 06:52:28 PM »
Do you guys mean to say that the game will automatically put you into a different country without you doing it?

If that's so, I really do not like that.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2022, 06:56:56 PM »
I like the auto-switch option.  I really don't care about perks, have many more than I need now.  Lately I mostly want to fly a particular ride, most typically to get in some practice for an upcoming scenario.  And in the current case that will mean I'll be flying low eny rides....so side switching will be perfect for me.  I am not interested in sharing info, and typically am only looking for good air fights, and only take time to fly a sortie or 3.

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2022, 07:05:35 PM »
Do you guys mean to say that the game will automatically put you into a different country without you doing it?

Yes, with, as I recall, a triple perkie bonus.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2022, 07:34:09 PM »

It's an option you can enable/disable.

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2022, 08:11:50 PM »

Personally I think side switching is one of the dumbest things hitech ever did..... one of the biggest steps he did in this downward spiral to become a high-priced arcade game.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2022, 08:16:20 PM »

Personally I think side switching is one of the dumbest things hitech ever did..... one of the biggest steps he did in this downward spiral to become a high-priced arcade game.

actually i think it's a good idea.  if players and i just mean a few would ignore the information they know.  used to side switch, never took advantage of it but some did, the 262 god was one of them.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2022, 08:24:51 PM »
It's an option you can enable/disable.

Oh, okay. That's good

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2022, 12:01:14 AM »

For the most part those that turn on the "side switcher" are those that are looking for a fight and couldnt care less about the "win the war" aspect of the game.

Lunatic is a hard core "team " player and so sees any one switching being a spy. Like I said I'd bet those that are switching couldnt tell you anything about the team they just left, because they dont care. They are just looking for a fight.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2022, 01:02:07 AM »
I'm not dedicated to any country, my concern was in thinking that I would be automatically switched by force. Glad that's not the case.

I don't see what the big deal is if people switch sides.

All I care about is finding a fight. I don't really care about taking a base or winning a map. I just want to shoot at other planes for an hour or two.