Author Topic: Auto Side Switching Sucks  (Read 3470 times)

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
Re: Auto Side Switching Sucks
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2022, 01:02:44 AM »
Hello.
My name is Sam.
And I am an an   :uhoh an auto-sideswitcher. :lipsrsealed:

Okok im not that terrible of a person.  If I am switched I do not cheat.  Do not take advantage of the new nme intel.  Do not give away new nme fleet postions etc.  Thats simply wrong.

Cant think of any time someone has complained about me switching. Former team mates that i shoot down or they kill me is ended with a good natured  :salute
"I have really only one simple rule,
Give more to the game than you take away."
Zoney  December 23, 2009  ahbbs
--------------------------------------------------
<Salute> Pipz    September 27, 2017   RIP

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2022, 11:29:43 AM »
For the most part those that turn on the "side switcher" are those that are looking for a fight and couldnt care less about the "win the war" aspect of the game.

True............ but only takes one to ____ up the game. The other things that needs to be fixed.... recording and using film to find and locate your enemy.... and don't get me started on game sound settings.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2022, 12:58:14 PM »
Auto side switch is the single most beneficial thing that has been added to the game in 5 years. It keeps people in the arena and prevents sides from only having P-40s to fly.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2022, 02:23:39 PM »
Auto side switch is the single most beneficial thing that has been added to the game in 5 years. It keeps people in the arena and prevents sides from only having P-40s to fly.

Exactly !!!  Well said.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 02:26:58 PM by Mano »
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2022, 03:27:34 PM »
I've fallen off a lot lately - but if I couldn't switch sides I simply wouldn't play. My #1 complaint is that there's even still a timer to switch. Nearly every single time I log in, I'm on the dead side. I switch teams for one furball, then its done in 5 minutes because everyone just vulches.

I mean, at least shorten the timer
"See, decide, attack, reverse." - Erich Hartmann

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2022, 04:39:28 PM »
I've fallen off a lot lately - but if I couldn't switch sides I simply wouldn't play. My #1 complaint is that there's even still a timer to switch. Nearly every single time I log in, I'm on the dead side. I switch teams for one furball, then its done in 5 minutes because everyone just vulches.

Auto switch helps that, but it still can't guarantee you a fight in the AM.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline nopoop1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2022, 04:56:37 PM »
Been on for a couple hours figuring out buttons on a new setup and getting killed. Yet to find a furball...
Coming out of retirement Blue Knight

nopoop

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2022, 04:57:31 PM »

Doesn’t sound like you’re using Auto Switch. If you want to switch sides without it being auto it is 6 hours to change countries. 
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2022, 07:06:08 PM »

+1

Offline potsNpans

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2022, 08:17:54 AM »
Side switcher here... I need the perks. Only trouble I've had is like Joe Brandon I often get confused as to where I'm at after getting ganged and landing in tower. Equal side abuse'e', trying to recover. :bolt:

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2022, 10:39:00 AM »
Side switcher here... I need the perks. Only trouble I've had is like Joe Brandon I often get confused as to where I'm at after getting ganged and landing in tower. Equal side abuse'e', trying to recover. :bolt:

Do you have a fake hangar also ?

https://youtu.be/oyDFw8LFYvs

Unbelievable...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2022, 06:50:30 PM »
My only issue is you finally get a good fight going, then poof, you automatically switch and you go on the team with no fight. When the rooks have the low #s and no fight on BowlMA or CraterMA, you get put on that side with no action, or action spread out all over 2-3 guys attack a base undefended. I feel like it should ask you if you want to switch before automatically switching. If I switch to the side with no action, I'm logging. I dont have the time these days to fly to a random base hoping someone rolls for me to murk after takeoff or play in the ack until it kills me. Just don't have time for it.

I honestly don't understand why a 3 hour switch time is not the answer. It pains me to have to make a decision to switch for the night hoping that the other side has the fight I am looking for. Sometimes still cannot tell who is winning the battle. So if I switch to the side that had the air advantage in the fight, I'll just log as it's pointless for my skill level as I am not needed. In all regard. It's the maps that cause this problem and it's the maps like BowlMA and CraterMA that are doing the most damage to air combat in this game. I log in during off hours Saturday to bowlMA and there is small dars all over and a fight on the side of the map that I cannot partake in. The #s are low on my side because there is no action and no one attacking that side. With maps that more suitable for off hours, which is the majority of the day. You see much better 3 sided fights because the areas condense the action, which keeps the #s balanced on all 3 sides as there are fights to partake in.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2022, 07:23:48 PM »
a 3 hour switch does not guarantee that you will find a fight either.  I know because I used to switch a lot when it was 1 hour.

perhaps think ahead, if you are in the middle of a good furball then turn off auto switch.  that's what I did last year when I had auto switch on.  I never take off without looking at the map and plan my mission.  I can see furballs or lack of then plan accordingly.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2022, 07:36:33 PM »
if you are in the middle of a good furball then turn off auto switch. 

Agreed.

- oldman

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2022, 07:36:56 AM »

I have been using the auto switch, it's been okay, not perfect, but okay.

Last night I was getting into the fight that was developing, ended a flight and was on the other side of the map on another country.  It can surprise you when that happens, but
that's not the fault of the game or the system, it's my fault for not thinking ahead and turning it off so I could stay where I was and continue what I was doing.

And it doesn't always work as advertised:  Just now I logged into Melee, 23 players total in the arena.  Found myself on the Rooks, 10 players for them, 7 players each for the Bishops
and Knights.  Supposed to automatically put me on the side with lowest numbers.......instead I ended up on the side with highest numbers.  Not a huge deals in some instances, but with 24 total in game, I was gonna be limited to early war rides mainly.  Nope, logged back out.

As far as spying.....lol.  I don't pay attention to where any country's strategic assets are in great detail.  I focus on finding the fight that suits me at the moment, and if I
get switched to the other side, I look for that same type fight.  I try to move away and not fight against the country whose side I was just on, just so no one starts making accusations.  Just a game to me, and tho some obviously take it more seriously, that's all it is in the end.  A game that I play for my entertainment.