Author Topic: Auto Side Switching Sucks  (Read 3472 times)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Re: Auto Side Switching Sucks
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2022, 07:50:32 AM »
When I do use auto switch, I monitor the roster quite often.  It helps me make decisions like, "should I push into this 2 vs 5 situation and get murdered", or "should I reload this bird and try and stay on this country."

This helps a lot, especially on the larger maps that tend to go stale for one country at times.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2022, 10:50:45 AM »
When I do use auto switch, I monitor the roster quite often.  It helps me make decisions like, "should I push into this 2 vs 5 situation and get murdered", or "should I reload this bird and try and stay on this country."

This helps a lot, especially on the larger maps that tend to go stale for one country at times.

Exactly what i do and rarely attack the side i was just on, really try to avoid that unless it's the only fight.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2022, 12:22:55 PM »
I was in a really good fight just the other night and then wham... I woke up and realized I had not flown for over a year.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2022, 01:55:21 PM »
.....rarely attack the side i was just on, really try to avoid that unless it's the only fight.

same, whether I manually side-switch or use the auto-switch.  Usually a non issue for me since  normally only on for a short time lately, except for scenarios....

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2022, 02:28:06 PM »
I was in a really good fight just the other night and then wham... I woke up and realized I had not flown for over a year.

That's all your fault  :)

You are missed in MNM

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2022, 04:21:32 PM »
You are missed in MNM

...and you're both missed in the scenarios....   :neener:

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2022, 12:33:28 AM »
Just remember :cheesy: :cheers: :old: :old: :old: We All live in a yellow Submarine ok  :banana: :banana: :banana:
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline BuzzLightyear

• Zinc Member
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2022, 05:07:15 AM »
I play the game morning, day, night and wee hours. Just a couple sorties at a time. I'm very observant, learning from everybody I fly with or against. The community is such where everybody knows everybody and EVERYBODY has their "home" country. I am also very vocal. I have a sort of terets when it comes to calling out BS. I admit, at times I go a bit overboard. Sorry. I fly knight, not much into side switching but I pay attention to the side switchers. For the most part, the majority play with integrity. The switch or get switched and they fill in where needed and contribute to achieving victory or help in a solid defense. Great guys, Great sticks and i'll fly their wing just as fast as i'll disregard any kills I have to double back and help them out a jam. Its the big ole bags of messingel that chap my backside. Those handful of veterans that exploit every weakness of the game for selfish personal gain without a shred of consideration for other players nor do they care about the effects their system gaming has on overall player experience.
I wont drop names, but here is a short list of what these special switchers do.
1.) War winning switch.. When they know a certain country is one base take away from winning the war, They switch and take the win and then log for 6 hours.
2.) Point/Perk farming. These perky switchers like to quietly switch and smash strats.. Oddly enough tis never the strat of their "home" country, just the other enemy's strat. After hoard killing the strat, they log till they can go home.
3.) The Balancer switcher.. These guys are really special.. These switchers will join a group taking bases and pretend to be part of the action but literally don't. They will fly around, pretend to engage their 'home" country players but never actually fire a shot but will be the first to bring troops for the capture. Now if its the 3rd country thats being captured, they wont deack, wont take out a VH or keep the friendly gv's clear of enemy attackers, BUT will gladly swoop in and pick your kill and always first to drop in from their perch above and scalp bombers. Never actually contributing positively to the overall cause of the country.

And yes, I'll be the first one to call it out, real time, on 200. Yes, everyone has the right to play his way for his $15, I get it, but it doesn't make me any less sick for seeing it. It's shamefull really because these are'nt kids playing call of duty, these are grown men. Worseover, this is what they give back to the community after 20 years of playing.
 Switch sides, even the teams out.. Great!! BUT CONTRIBUTE!! COVER A GUYS BACK, HELP DEACK!! DON'T LEAVE A GUY GETTING DBLE TEAMED TO GO LAND 2 KILLS AND QUIT SETTING UP THE DANG CV's SO THEY WILL BE IN PERFECT SINKING POSITION WHEN YOU LOG BACK IN LATER ON YOUR HOME TEAM!!

Not accusations, actual observations. I stream just about every sortie and I have took up being wingman of switchers doing exactly the bs i described above.

Here's an idea.. END ENY, get that crap out of the game. ENY is just about as useful/retarded as "dont move your controller too rapidly" ENY IS NOT NEEDED and it does not do anything but make people logg out. The player base is no longer hundreds and thousands of players.. It's an average 50 with a 4 hour boost everyday to around 120 from 1700 to 2200. Its no longer an effective measure of ensuring fair play. The community size no longer warrants it. If the teams are a bit skewed, just hang tight and they balance out in the next 30 min or so.. (Unless its 0700 to 1100PST when the bish steamroller homeboys make their daily run of undefended base captures).
Most importantly, the skill level of every single player actively playing aces high Melee Arena is godlike. No noobs (besides me). just straight killers, masters of every craft in the game. even if the teams are slightly askewed, the short straw team can manage and even succeed as a result of their astonishing skill!!
Quit trying to implement new rules to help balance ENY and END ENY!! Vote for Pedro and END ENY.

This ends my rant. God Bless, Good night and Kill ya all later..

With Love from Infinity,

Buzz

Online RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2022, 06:21:29 AM »
I play the game morning, day, night and wee hours. Just a couple sorties at a time. I'm very observant, learning from everybody I fly with or against. The community is such where everybody knows everybody and EVERYBODY has their "home" country. I am also very vocal. I have a sort of terets when it comes to calling out BS. I admit, at times I go a bit overboard. Sorry. I fly knight, not much into side switching but I pay attention to the side switchers. For the most part, the majority play with integrity. The switch or get switched and they fill in where needed and contribute to achieving victory or help in a solid defense. Great guys, Great sticks and i'll fly their wing just as fast as i'll disregard any kills I have to double back and help them out a jam. Its the big ole bags of messingel that chap my backside. Those handful of veterans that exploit every weakness of the game for selfish personal gain without a shred of consideration for other players nor do they care about the effects their system gaming has on overall player experience.
I wont drop names, but here is a short list of what these special switchers do.
1.) War winning switch.. When they know a certain country is one base take away from winning the war, They switch and take the win and then log for 6 hours.
2.) Point/Perk farming. These perky switchers like to quietly switch and smash strats.. Oddly enough tis never the strat of their "home" country, just the other enemy's strat. After hoard killing the strat, they log till they can go home.
3.) The Balancer switcher.. These guys are really special.. These switchers will join a group taking bases and pretend to be part of the action but literally don't. They will fly around, pretend to engage their 'home" country players but never actually fire a shot but will be the first to bring troops for the capture. Now if its the 3rd country thats being captured, they wont deack, wont take out a VH or keep the friendly gv's clear of enemy attackers, BUT will gladly swoop in and pick your kill and always first to drop in from their perch above and scalp bombers. Never actually contributing positively to the overall cause of the country.

And yes, I'll be the first one to call it out, real time, on 200. Yes, everyone has the right to play his way for his $15, I get it, but it doesn't make me any less sick for seeing it. It's shamefull really because these are'nt kids playing call of duty, these are grown men. Worseover, this is what they give back to the community after 20 years of playing.
 Switch sides, even the teams out.. Great!! BUT CONTRIBUTE!! COVER A GUYS BACK, HELP DEACK!! DON'T LEAVE A GUY GETTING DBLE TEAMED TO GO LAND 2 KILLS AND QUIT SETTING UP THE DANG CV's SO THEY WILL BE IN PERFECT SINKING POSITION WHEN YOU LOG BACK IN LATER ON YOUR HOME TEAM!!

Not accusations, actual observations. I stream just about every sortie and I have took up being wingman of switchers doing exactly the bs i described above.

This guy needs his meds checked or upped
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2022, 07:47:54 AM »
*snip*

There is a lot of 'felt truth' in it. Just for example:
1. War winning switch.. When they know a certain country is one base take away from winning the war, They switch and take the win and then log for 6 hours.

Nobody does that. Why? Because it doesn't work. You have to be on the winning team for at least 12 hours before you are eligible for victory perks.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2022, 08:25:06 AM »

Nobody does that. Why? Because it doesn't work. You have to be on the winning team for at least 12 hours before you are eligible for victory perks.

Yes, but not everybody knows that.  And some people just like to be on the side that got the win, even if it's just for a couple of minutes. 
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline BuzzLightyear

• Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2022, 01:41:22 PM »
This guy needs his meds checked or upped

Hey thanks for the contribution Dick.. Your comment reminds me of OOPK's contribution when he switched to Knight.

P.S. pretty cool DCS vids you been posting.. loooks great.

Offline BuzzLightyear

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2022, 01:42:51 PM »

There is a lot of 'felt truth' in it. Just for example:

Sorry bro, incorrect.. More than once I have logged in just in time for the war to be won and still got the perks.

Offline BuzzLightyear

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2022, 01:51:42 PM »
End of the Day... you pay your $15 to play the way you want to. Fly off map, ram a guy you cant shoot down so he has to up at his base and fly all the way back again.. Bomb n bail, watch a guys live stream to get intel on enemy positions.. have at it... You will keep gaming the system, nobody can or will stop you.. I'll keep calling out your shennanigans on 200 in real time and make highlight films of it from my stream.. seems like a fair trade off to me..

Know this though.. I'll be that guy in the 110 rocket killing you.. you know the one.. That badazzzz 110 that turn fights spit 16's and yak3's... Yup, thats me, the guy that never runs, never hides and never hugz ack.. you see me coming, be prepared to fight.. 1 of 2 things will happen.. I'll kill you or you'll kill me.. (or your buddy will pick me while im fighting you)
 Stay Frosty Killers and remember you can see it live daily only on aGhost TV starring SAAM I AM as Buzz Lightyear

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2022, 02:40:55 PM »
Sorry bro, incorrect.. More than once I have logged in just in time for the war to be won and still got the perks.

but you were still on that team for 12 hours, just not on-line. If you logged in, switched, and the team you switched to won the war 2 hours later you wouldnt get any perks for the win.

oh and btw, Lusche is rarely wrong  :salute