Author Topic: I am positive!  (Read 6096 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: I am positive!
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2022, 09:15:23 PM »
I couldn't find that at the store either

Other than HCQ, the rest is available via Amazon, in a lot of cases with next-day delivery.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2022, 09:34:00 PM »
Not sure how anyone could call this whining, while personal health issues are just that, personal, I don't see how your sharing it and wishing for support is contrary to Board standards.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2022, 10:28:06 PM »
I have never worn a mask and still have not had it. When my wife got it right before Christmas, I took her to be tested... she had fever. She sat with her head on my shoulder and holding my arm. We just figured I would have it too. She tested positive and me negative. I never got it.

When we were in the waiting room I did have a bandana on. I had worn it a few times in the past when, for a short time, some stores required you to wear a mask while inside.

Not sure how anyone could call this whining, while personal health issues are just that, personal, I don't see how your sharing it and wishing for support is contrary to Board standards.

Exactly!!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2022, 01:33:58 AM »
She tested positive and me negative. I never got it.

It is because Shuffler is a superhuman.  I know this from the way he flies P-38's in scenarios.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2022, 07:51:34 AM »
With omicron you will get it if you know you got it or not...it is that contagious

It's provides the natural and lasting immunity the shots have not

Glad you guys got over your flu as that is all it is now

Let us all know when you get your next toothache or back pain :)

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Robbler

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2022, 08:18:39 AM »
Well last night sucked but to be honest, I feel 100% better today. I did eat a whole bag of brussels sprouts and drink a gallon of apple juice last night. maybe that helped. gonna log into the MA and humiliate myself now. Thanks guys!
The man of many names

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2022, 11:31:03 AM »
I did eat a whole bag of brussels sprouts and drink a gallon of apple juice last night. maybe that helped.

Maybe that helped?  Maybe that helped?  No, it's proof that if it doesn't kill you, it makes you stronger.

- oldman (yikes)

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2022, 12:38:49 PM »
Well last night sucked but to be honest, I feel 100% better today. I did eat a whole bag of brussels sprouts and drink a gallon of apple juice last night. maybe that helped. gonna log into the MA and humiliate myself now. Thanks guys!

Love Brussel sprouts... apple juice, not so much   :D
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2022, 12:59:08 PM »

Good nutrition is the first step to a strong immune system...just saying

Glad you are doing well

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2022, 01:15:53 PM »
It is because Shuffler is a superhuman.  I know this from the way he flies P-38's in scenarios.

:rofl Well I have not flown in awhile....... I may not even be human now.... much less super.  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Robbler

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2022, 10:30:48 PM »
well i thought i was on the mend. less coughing. today it started hurting when I cough. I lay down for bed tonight and each time I go to drift off I gasp for air. so I am up. decided i'd make something super spicy to open up my head/chest. made noodles and drenched them in frank's red hot. i am sweating from the heat but I cannot really taste it. threw it out. this sucks. as a fat dude, I need to be able to taste my food! what is the point of being obese if you cannot even enjoy it? gonna try to lay back down. i am surrounded by apathetic people in my circle of friends. you find your real friends when you get sick. take care guys. this stupid thing is no joke.

Zapkin
The man of many names

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2022, 10:50:06 PM »
each time I go to drift off I gasp for air.

Yikes.  If it were me and that were going on, I'd want to know right away if my blood oxygen is less than 94% or so on a pulse oximeter.

Folks can get pulse oximeters, like this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Santamedical-Oximeter-Fingertip-Saturation-Batteries/dp/B08HH86RT2/ref=sr_1_8?crid=3L21PR88GDE2P&keywords=pulse+oximeter&qid=1645072872&sprefix=pulse+oximete%2Caps%2C108&sr=8-8

But if one isn't handy, urgent-care places have them (and of course emergency rooms at hospitals).

Disclaimer:  I am not a physician, and folks should not take my writing as medical advice.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2022, 05:13:15 AM »
Truly, it is not a joke or a “cold” or “flu”.

It’s real name is SARS-Cov2.  SARS is Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (caused by a Corona virus in).

The waking up gasping for air makes me think of sleep apnea. Being overweight is one of the biggest known causes/contributors to sleep apnea. There’s also more than type…

You mention being “obese”, which begs the question do you have sleep apnea and this has exacerbated it?

If you don’t know, do you snore? Often they go hand in hand…

I’m not overweight, but I do snore and I’ve woken up gasping for my breath, freakin scary stuff! Because of this I always try to sleep on my side. I noticed it seems like every time I’ve woken up gasping for air I was sleeping on my back. 

Maybe you have sleep apnea or maybe not and Covid has caused you to stop breathing (briefly) while asleep. IDK, but jolting awake and gasping for air is the brain’s reaction to cause resuming your breathing.

I hope you find a way to get good sleep and rest as it goes without saying you need it to get over this.

:salute
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2022, 07:08:34 AM »
I had to sleep sitting up on the couch for 4 or 5 days back in late Feb / early March 2020 when I lost my taste and smell for about 10 days and was sick for 4 weeks...

Otherwise the lungs rattled a bit..

Hope you feel 100% soon

Eagler

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2022, 01:36:31 PM »
go see a doctor.  your breathing problem is a concern.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.