Author Topic: Looking for Quest 2 help  (Read 1985 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Looking for Quest 2 help
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2022, 04:07:00 PM »
So, I have the official Occulus cable now.  I have tried launching the game from inside the headset and outside of it.  Either way, I have to lift the headset to click the dialog.  headset goes back on...  I get the Dx11 load screen...  start hearing the music and siren...  but it never loads. 

I have now uninstalled the game and reinstalled to no avail.  Same thing.

I have yet to reproduce even getting into a plane on a flat screen inside the goggles which I was able to do once through Airlink.

This is incredibly frustrating, and I am now officially at a total loss.  I have no idea even what to try next.

Call Hitech.

Offline PFactorDavid

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2022, 04:08:43 PM »
Should my computer screen just have a black window open?  Or should AH3 be mirrored on the computer screen? 

Currently, anytime my headset is on and I'm watching the perpetual load, window on the computer is black....  If I raise the headset, headset goes dark, then the computer window comes back on with the game running like it should.  As soon as I put the headset back on, computer window goes black and I'm back staring at a loading screen...

Offline PFactorDavid

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2022, 04:10:12 PM »
Call Hitech.

Looks like it may be coming to that...   :frown:

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2022, 04:18:49 PM »
Ok, so because its bugging me...  lol

I kicked on the Air Link option....  Was actually able to see the game in the headset but only in a flat panel in front of me kind of way, not in VR....

I did notice that sometimes when I start Aces High 3, it asks me if I want to use my Oculus, sometimes it asks if I want to use my OpenVR, and sometimes I get both pop ups...

Does that set off any troubleshooting bells for anyone?

At some point in the past, your laptop was set up for a non-Oculus headset. I've set up my PC for the Rift and the G2 so I could run the Oulus games I got 5 years ago, and I don't want to have to buy them on Steam now.
The G2 uses Open VR and I often don't want to run in VR. Then I always see AH ask if I want to run in Oculus and then if I want to run in Open VR before it launches to the monitor based splash screen.

Second issue. I'm betting that you have two versions of AH3 on your machine. One is the version you downloaded from AH and the other is the one Oculus installed into your Oculus library. I think the one that gets launched is the Oculus version, not your AH version.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline PFactorDavid

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2022, 04:25:01 PM »
Second issue. I'm betting that you have two versions of AH3 on your machine. One is the version you downloaded from AH and the other is the one Oculus installed into your Oculus library. I think the one that gets launched is the Oculus version, not your AH version.

Even when I launch it from the computer?  Which version is the version I need to have launch? 

Offline PFactorDavid

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2022, 04:29:47 PM »
At some point in the past, your laptop was set up for a non-Oculus headset. I've set up my PC for the Rift and the G2 so I could run the Oulus games I got 5 years ago, and I don't want to have to buy them on Steam now.
The G2 uses Open VR and I often don't want to run in VR. Then I always see AH ask if I want to run in Oculus and then if I want to run in Open VR before it launches to the monitor based splash screen.

This can't be the case.  This computer isnt all that old, and I've never owned another VR Headset....  Unless you count my TrackIR from 10 years ago...  Which was also never installed on this computer.  lol

Offline PFactorDavid

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2022, 04:33:28 PM »

I do have an AcesHigh9 and an AcesHigh11 executable in the folder. 

It's the 11 that is what I want, yes?  The loading screen I see in the Headset says Dx11 on the bottom of it.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2022, 04:50:06 PM »
You have an Oculus/Software folder with any games (AH3, Bigscreen etc.) in it that you've downloaded.
iirc, I deleted that version of AH from within Oculus (home?), but it's been to long ago to say for sure.

Yes, the DX11 is the only version you can run in VR.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 04:52:00 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2022, 04:53:13 PM »
This is how I start mine,

I had the Rift when I started and have now switched to the Quest 2.

I put on the headset and power it on, allowing the link and setting the boundries. Once the "home" screen comes on I click on the "settings" button and select the rift connection. This opens the original rift home screen.

I then slide the headset up on my head to start the DX11 version of the game and answer yes to the "Do you want to use VR" question and then it loads the game.

Of course I load "Voice Attack" in there as well, but that is how I have to load mine up. It is the only way that it work every time.

The only other thing I can think of is your laptop isnt starting the game with the better video card. Some use a "on board" graphics chip for most things and switches to athe....in your case 3050 for 3D games and such. In the graphics setting I think you can set it to use the 3050 when you start the game.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2022, 04:56:25 PM »
Fugitive is right. Check your graphics card settings.

Notice he said that he slides the headset up and starts AH, not from within the headset which, if it's in the Oculus library will launch that one.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 04:58:24 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline PFactorDavid

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2022, 04:58:21 PM »

The only other thing I can think of is your laptop isnt starting the game with the better video card. Some use a "on board" graphics chip for most things and switches to athe....in your case 3050 for 3D games and such. In the graphics setting I think you can set it to use the 3050 when you start the game.

Oh, I hadnt thought of this, you may be on to something. 

Offline PFactorDavid

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2022, 05:10:27 PM »

Winner winner chicken dinner.   :banana: :banana: :banana:

That did it.

Thank you so much.

And thanks to all of you for helping puzzle through it today.  This community always has been great.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2022, 05:16:19 PM »
 :rock :rock :rock

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2022, 09:20:39 AM »
Glad you got it figured out Dave, and welcome back!   :cheers:

Offline PFactorDavid

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2022, 10:59:21 AM »
Glad you got it figured out Dave, and welcome back!   :cheers:

Cheers!   :cheers:

My 6 will be available for blasting in the MA very very soon.  Easy kill for everyone!