Author Topic: Lt. Charles W. Koenig - P-51D "Little Horse" (FT*K) - 354th FG, 353rd FS  (Read 1896 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Thanks,  W.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Looks good!

I never had viable photo references for it but one theoretical detail I think I might have tried to use on the silver painted areas of the 51d wing was to make it look like the paint wore through kind of like how it looks next to the p38 wings around the cockpit by making the scratched areas a shade darker. The nice top down forward view made me think of that. Nicely done.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Looks good!

I never had viable photo references for it but one theoretical detail I think I might have tried to use on the silver painted areas of the 51d wing was to make it look like the paint wore through kind of like how it looks next to the p38 wings around the cockpit by making the scratched areas a shade darker. The nice top down forward view made me think of that. Nicely done.

Thank you kindly, sir.  Much appreciated.   

I was actually going more for a dirt and grime effect, but if it looks like paint scuffs that's all the better for sure.   Perhaps a bit of both.

I think this is about as good as I am going to be able to do.   I'm really bummed that the only guy in the scenario who flew it was Hombre59 (he said he really liked it, so I'll take it!).   I guess the terrain had a problem so we couldn't get it baked in.    Really too bad.  I think the players would have enjoyed using it.

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)