Author Topic: Guess we can’t  (Read 2903 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Re: Guess we can’t
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2022, 01:33:38 AM »
Also, not really sure where you get all of that from as the topic of both threads had ZERO to do with your tangents.

Guess it’s that reading thing with you again.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 01:39:11 AM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2022, 02:03:44 AM »
Common mistake. Ukraine is not correctly referenced with "the".

code is not coad.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2022, 02:11:01 AM »
the things that I’ve always loved. With the exception of one, I don’t watch the Redskins anymore because they are NOT the Redskins anymore.

perfect example of cancel culture.  it's just a name.  if the cowboys changed their name to the cow chasers, I would still follow them. have been following them for 40 plus years. and it's my team,  if they moved to ah and called themselves the sheep chasers, I would still follow them.

semp

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2022, 06:15:40 AM »
perfect example of cancel culture.  it's just a name.  if the cowboys changed their name to the cow chasers, I would still follow them. have been following them for 40 plus years. and it's my team,  if they moved to ah and called themselves the sheep chasers, I would still follow them.

semp

No it is not. Here’s why: I haven’t told anybody else to stop watching them, I haven’t done anything to discourage others from supporting them. I’ve made my personal choice but NOT paraded around telling others what to do regarding the former Redskins. 

Just because you would support the “Cowboys” regardless of whatever they may choose to do in the future, is just your personal choice. Many would do something else or pick another team, but as long as they don’t tell others what to do they are just making a personal choice what to do with their time.

That’s just not what the cancel culture is…

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2022, 06:29:49 AM »
You are correct however, that if I told others to ditch support of the former Redskins, then yes I would be part of the cancel culture.

Interesting that we do not see are giant protests against Nike & Apple (to name a few) that pay their Chinese employees very meager wages and work in sweat shops.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2022, 07:26:28 AM »
You are correct however, that if I told others to ditch support of the former Redskins, then yes I would be part of the cancel culture.

Interesting that we do not see are giant protests against Nike & Apple (to name a few) that pay their Chinese employees very meager wages and work in sweat shops.

That is because they are all hypocrites...

They don't care about human rights if it gets them the latest tennis shoes or iphone that they get their latest ego boost from their fellow hypocrites...

Its all crap and sorry to say a political tool being used effectively against one side with the  bias media

Conservatives are the enemy now, values are sinking..just have to watch the boob tube for about 2 minutes to see the accuracy in that

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2022, 08:56:09 AM »
Human rights?
Respect?

Right to be Wolverine and get yourself surgically altered?

50 years ago you would have got a slap if a Steel Worker or put in a looney bin.

Today I identify as a shoe…respect my views!

ALL people deserve respect? Give me a break.

Some people are deserve a slap
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2022, 10:23:21 AM »
Nfl Washington Cowards their real name. LOL
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2022, 10:29:37 AM »
Most are in need of that slap years ago..when they were being raised as spoiled brats...

We now have a generation in control that were never spanked..

Not sure how I would have turned out if I wasn't shown wrong from right at a very early age

Now no one is certain about anything and everything goes and has to be accepted or you are an ignorant bigot..

Mental illness is obviously a thing of the past....

I believe the death of spirituality has been key in this demise..we have turned into selfish ego driven pigs

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2022, 12:40:44 PM »
Hah... it was always a hard choice to go out in the yard and pick the twig you were going to get a whipping with.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2022, 02:01:51 PM »
It costs me £67.59 for said flogging with a large stick from a young obese lady called Odette.

I thank you  :old:

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2022, 03:53:20 PM »
btw the first time I heard people complaining about the Redskins and braves was when I was living in another country. it was on reader's digest, sometime in the late 70s. so it's nothing new.

I don't buy Nike or any other expensive shoes because to me they aren't worth the money for a brand. I'm not naive, I know most of the clothes made anywhere including here are made by workers with little pay and harsh working conditions. I just ignore it otherwise I would have to walk around naked and no food to eat.

but some things are changing, some for the better others for the worst.

semp

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2022, 04:11:35 PM »
btw the first time I heard people complaining about the Redskins and braves was when I was living in another country. it was on reader's digest, sometime in the late 70s. so it's nothing new.

I don't buy Nike or any other expensive shoes because to me they aren't worth the money for a brand. I'm not naive, I know most of the clothes made anywhere including here are made by workers with little pay and harsh working conditions. I just ignore it otherwise I would have to walk around naked and no food to eat.

but some things are changing, some for the better others for the worst.

semp

I have a nice collection of Reader Digests stretching back into the 1950s.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2022, 05:49:48 PM »
I have a nice collection of Reader Digests stretching back into the 1950s.

that was my favorite book way back then.  jokes didn't translate well in my language, then I found out they also had it in english. that's basically how I learned to read and write in English.  speaking it took me a few years more.

semp

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2022, 06:40:41 PM »

semp

Maybe you should go up on the Navajo Reservation and tell them they need to change their Red Mesa Redskins name, because you know it’s offensive to Native Americans. 

Or go on their FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/redmesahighschool/

Maybe all the other Indian Reservations too that still use offensive mascots or logos, you know like Chiefs, Chieftans, Warriors, Braves etc.