Author Topic: Online test says my card won't support quest  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: Online test says my card won't support quest
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2022, 09:47:51 AM »
System model number 750-116
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2022, 10:45:08 AM »
The good news on video cards is a lot of them are not only approaching the outskirts of affordability again, you can actually buy them from places online! A Microcenter not too far from me has plenty in stock right now.

I've never really finished the PC I built at the start of the pandemic in March 2020 when I thought I'd wait for the 30 series cards to come out that October. Then THAT happened! WFH, Bitcoin and just flat out scalpers drove the prices into orbit and crushed supply. It's been trending better the last few weeks finally. I haven't seen anything come down to MSRP yet but some of the lower end cards are getting closer. That said some are still just nuts. I've seen 2060 cards like the one I'd recycled from my old PC going for twice what I paid for it years ago! I'm still waiting on a decent 3080 I can pull the trigger on and finally complete my build. Still too high for them right now.

I see the 40 series is due out in the fall maybe and leaked specs say they should blow away even the best 30 series. But the watts these things will consume would heat my house! I dunno about all that! Will see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2022, 02:31:52 PM »
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04803066

Power supply might limit your graphic card choices

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2022, 05:45:10 PM »
UGH.. but thanks for the link.  Any suggestions so I can play on an oculus with CH gear to 'tune up' till I get my rig?
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2022, 07:16:02 AM »
You can't play AH on the Quest unless it's tethered to a PC that can run VR. The other issue with your old PC is you don't have USB 3.1.  You can add USB 3.1 with a card but I think you need a new PC for an acceptable VR experience.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2022, 10:06:16 AM »
Well toejam.  LOL.  Guess I'll just do different crap on the OC till I can get my gaming rig built then