Author Topic: 262s on a Carrier, Am I the First?  (Read 4763 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: 262s on a Carrier, Am I the First?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2022, 09:14:40 PM »
I dont agree with #2 ( when being attacked from above turn and face the attack head on). When they start diving on you start a nose low turn, tighten the turn more and more as they close. Just as they are about to shoot, pull up and roll out of the turn going into a barrel roll. The faster they are the tighter you want your roll. What happens is they will mis-judge thier aim due to the turn, and more than likely be close to blacking out. As you roll up and back into them you will get a passing shot as they go by. A lucky tag here and the fight might be over.

So welcome Tig! Enjoy the ride!

I have used this for years and and folks buy into it hard.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2022, 09:33:49 PM »
Tig, you could always schedule some time with a trainer. (shameless plug)  :devil

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2022, 10:08:45 PM »
Hi Tig,

While you can't take off from a CV with the 262 in the MA. You could land one  :old: indeed very fun.

Defensive ACM is the hardest for most people. That's why so many fly easy run planes to press X when a con gets on their 6  ;)

It's all about timing and using the enemies E to their disadvantage.

Check out this move. It's one of my favorites. Here is your first step to understanding defensive maneuvers.
(Youtube embed)

Practice that one a good bit, though for a complete understanding I would need to talk you thru it.

You should really try the MA. $15 ain't so bad, you will see how challenging aircombat really is.

Now that's still pretty big brained if you think about it! Could allow for some....interesting sortie paths....
That's a very neat maneuver! I have strong spatial thinking so I'm pretty sure I understand how it works, I'll practice. If anyone around here ever wants to hop on Easy's H2H arena around 4-ish in the afternoons most days I'd love to practice stuff like this!
Turn n' Burn!

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2022, 12:40:58 AM »
Now that's still pretty big brained if you think about it! Could allow for some....interesting sortie paths....
That's a very neat maneuver! I have strong spatial thinking so I'm pretty sure I understand how it works, I'll practice. If anyone around here ever wants to hop on Easy's H2H arena around 4-ish in the afternoons most days I'd love to practice stuff like this!
if not getting a main arena account paid up is a money issue, let me know. I no longer play but am glad to buy ya 6 months of the world's finest flight combat sim that exists.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2022, 01:20:33 AM »
if not getting a main arena account paid up is a money issue, let me know. I no longer play but am glad to buy ya 6 months of the world's finest flight combat sim that exists.

that's what I love about aces high   :rock :rock :rock

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2022, 08:13:36 AM »
I dont agree with #2 ( when being attacked from above turn and face the attack head on). When they start diving on you start a nose low turn, tighten the turn more and more as they close. Just as they are about to shoot, pull up and roll out of the turn going into a barrel roll. The faster they are the tighter you want your roll. What happens is they will mis-judge thier aim due to the turn, and more than likely be close to blacking out. As you roll up and back into them you will get a passing shot as they go by. A lucky tag here and the fight might be over.

I gotta try this.  My problem with maneuvers like this is I can never get lined up right when it's time for my shot.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2022, 08:21:41 AM »
Nevermind....misread a reply
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 08:31:39 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2022, 08:25:49 AM »
Hi Tig,

While you can't take off from a CV with the 262 in the MA. You could land one  :old: indeed very fun.

Defensive ACM is the hardest for most people. That's why so many fly easy run planes to press X when a con gets on their 6  ;)

Check out this move. It's one of my favorites. Here is your first step to understanding defensive maneuvers.

Practice that one a good bit, though for a complete understanding I would need to talk you thru it.

You should really try the MA. $15 ain't so bad, you will see how challenging aircombat really is.

Wrong, I've seen Laser do both
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2022, 08:26:21 AM »
Hi Tig,

What does that video show?    The barrel roll defense maneuver,, that Fugitive describes above, I am assuming

Which has always been a favorite of mine,  along with suckering an attacker into a rolling scissors battle!

Cheers 🍻

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2022, 08:27:24 AM »
No you are not the 1st
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2022, 08:30:24 AM »
Wrong, I've seen Laser do both
Confused what exactly he is wrong about in his post?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2022, 08:43:06 AM »
This is good start. Check it out

https://youtube.com/c/TheAirCombatTutorialLibrary

I like this kid, nopoop.  You should send him an invite into the EZ Targets.
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2022, 10:11:12 AM »
I think he is referring to people saying you cannot land and reload a 262 on a cv in the MA.  Luni is calling BS because he has seen me do it.  I've seen myself do it a few times too.   :D

It's really only useful when you fly multiple sectors into a bish/rook fight and a cv in the right spot. It can save you some time to rtb to land or reload at a base.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 10:13:02 AM by Lazerr »

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2022, 02:36:57 PM »
I think he is referring to people saying you cannot land and reload a 262 on a cv in the MA.  Luni is calling BS because he has seen me do it.  I've seen myself do it a few times too.   :D

It's really only useful when you fly multiple sectors into a bish/rook fight and a cv in the right spot. It can save you some time to rtb to land or reload at a base.

I never called BS to anything regarding this....I  just never explained that there was a way to do it, which takes skill, especially to not backup and end up rolling off the FanTail of the CV!

Just saying......heh

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2022, 02:44:44 PM »

Correctamundo