Author Topic: Alt+Tab Messes up VR (Valve Index, SteamVR)  (Read 649 times)

Offline jinx_c

• Zinc Member
Alt+Tab Messes up VR (Valve Index, SteamVR)
« on: May 09, 2022, 04:54:42 PM »
I've noticed that when I'm playing Aces High III, if I Alt+Tab to get out of the game for whatever reason, I turn my headset quite a bit (e.g., 60 degrees or more), then (while still looking in the different direction) Alt+Tab back into the game, I have a bad time.  It's hard to describe, but basically, after that point in time, if I rotate my head again about that far (e.g., 60 degrees or so) to the side causes the game to "fade out" in VR (so like, I'm looking at the SteamVR loading screen instead, and it says "Waiting for Aces High III..." or similar), and if I turn my head back to where it was before, it causes the game to "fade in" again, and I'm back in my cockpit.  This makes the game unplayable until I restart it.

Anyone else get anything like that?  I guess the work-around is to just never alt-tab while playing, which is not so great.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Alt+Tab Messes up VR (Valve Index, SteamVR)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 09:35:12 AM »
For a similar problem, AH disappears, I use this: Try lifting the HMD and using the mouse to click the Aces High icon on your taskbar. That's the only thing that brings it back for me and better then exiting the game.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline AlbertSk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 05:21:16 PM »
When I remove headset game automatically shifts to monitor play. At that point I'll use Alt/Tab with no issues. Havent tried it with headset on. I also minimize - the Steam Vr window thats in the bottom right. Found in some instances when that is open it causes weird stuff.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2022, 08:58:22 PM »
With the oculus i have found you can access your desktop thru the headset
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys