Author Topic: SCIENTISTS GENE HACK HAMSTERS INTO HYPER-AGGRESSIVE MONSTERS  (Read 1860 times)

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
https://futurism.com/the-byte/gene-hacked-hamsters-aggressive

Scientists say that a little gene hacking turned adorable hamsters into vicious monstrosities.

Researchers at Georgia State University may have published the scientific understatement of the year when saying that their CRISPR experiment with hamsters “found that the biology behind social behavior may be more complex than previously thought.”

Using the revolutionary gene editing tech, the GSU neuroscience team discovered that knocking out a receptor of vasopressin — a hormone associated with aggression, communication, and social bonding in both humans and hamsters — instead seemed to supercharge the cute rodents’ worst instincts.

:x :bhead

“We anticipated that if we eliminated vasopressin activity, we would reduce both aggression and social communication,” GSU neuroscience researcher H. Elliott Albers said in a statement. “But the opposite happened.”

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: SCIENTISTS GENE HACK HAMSTERS INTO HYPER-AGGRESSIVE MONSTERS
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 01:40:19 AM »
This theory was also tested in the MA and found to be true :old:

Especially in colonials who put syrup on meat :)

Savages
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 06:11:01 AM »
It's all guessing until it isn't...

Some of that science no one should question if we are told not to

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2022, 06:37:34 AM »
https://futurism.com/the-byte/gene-hacked-hamsters-aggressive

Scientists say that a little gene hacking turned adorable hamsters into vicious monstrosities.

Researchers at Georgia State University may have published the scientific understatement of the year when saying that their CRISPR experiment with hamsters “found that the biology behind social behavior may be more complex than previously thought.”

Using the revolutionary gene editing tech, the GSU neuroscience team discovered that knocking out a receptor of vasopressin — a hormone associated with aggression, communication, and social bonding in both humans and hamsters — instead seemed to supercharge the cute rodents’ worst instincts.

:x :bhead

“We anticipated that if we eliminated vasopressin activity, we would reduce both aggression and social communication,” GSU neuroscience researcher H. Elliott Albers said in a statement. “But the opposite happened.”

I normally hate to be contrary, but this time...  Okay, the 'researchers' at Georgia State University are mostly looking for the light switch.  GSU has no chess club and their fencing team is equipped with post-hole diggers and wire stretchers.  The GSU debate team focuses on the 'Are too/Am not' tactic, and you can earn an undergraduate degree just by driving through the campus.  If you stop at the student union for coffee, you get a master's.  And the only way they can make a hormone is to not pay the b*tch.

That is all.
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2022, 07:50:02 AM »
Miranda.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2022, 07:58:48 AM »
It's all guessing until it isn't...

Some of that science no one should question if we are told not to

Eagler

Being afraid of science is odd. Especially since science is the practice of questioning. Don't question the church was the dark ages.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2022, 08:06:23 AM »
Afraid?

So to question is fear?

Maybe in your world

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2022, 08:20:57 AM »
Afraid?

So to question is fear?

Maybe in your world

Eagler

Try actually reading before you 'understand.' :)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2022, 09:32:00 AM »
Being afraid of science is odd. Especially since science is the practice of questioning. Don't question the church was the dark ages.

Science requires faith in scientific certainty based on facts.
The Western scientific development was based on Religious doctrine of truth.

:rofl

Western culture is based on religion.

If your not religious it makes no difference.

Individuals say western religion is nonsense.

The result is……. Men saying they are women or women saying they are men :rofl

Take your pick  :rofl

The GFC

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2022, 09:38:27 AM »
On behalf of several members of the community, I would like to express my shock and disappointment at some of Zack 1234’s revenge fantasies. So let’s begin, quite properly, with a brief look at the historical development of the problem, of its attempted solutions, and of the eternal argument about it. There’s a price to be paid for disintegrating all political and social institutions that sound the bugle of liberty, and, really, Zack’s camarilla is running up a hefty bill. The precise cost to us is best described via the observation that Zack is strongly opposed to my telling you that he possesses an extraordinary ability to make incompetence seem philosophical and stupidity seem profound. Why does he want so much for me to keep my mouth shut on that topic? I’d say it’s because reality makes him sad, and he wants it to go away. Sorry, Zack, but the truth is that I am reminded of the quote, There’s always been suffering in the world, and wrongs have been and will continue to be committed. This comment is not as fiendish as it seems because the time for empty talk is over. Now arrives the hour of putting to rest the animosities that have kept various groups of people from enjoying anything other than superficial unity. This will not be easy, and progress will not be instantaneous. Still, I am committed to getting it right, and that’s why I’m telling you that there are people better equipped to cope with life than quixotic, confrontational urban guerrillas. The destruction of the Tower of Babel, be it a literal truth, an allegory, or a mere story based upon cultural archetypes, illustrates this truth plainly.

Why am I so fascinated by each new incarnation of Zack’s treatises? It must be morbid curiosity. Even though I know his latest treatises are going to be as absolutely confused as the previous batch, I feel I have to find out just how confused they are. What I’ve found so far is that I’m not stupid. I’m not a sheep. I don’t blindly believe Zack’s repeated claim that violence and prejudice are funny. Instead, I profess that he wants to produce an army of mindless insects who will obey his every command. To produce such an army, Zack plans to destroy people’s minds using either drugs or an advanced form of lobotomy. Whichever approach he takes, the most obvious criticism of Zack is that his desire to resort to underhanded tactics is both a cause and an effect of what we now see as a global increase in fainéantism. Nevertheless, when it comes to accepting or rebuking his power-drunk, churlish pleas, we are faced with the same choice that Moses gave Israel: good or evil, light or dark, life or death, freedom or slavery. One shouldn’t need to think too hard about those options to realize that many institutions define harassment as unwanted conduct that annoys, threatens, or alarms a person or group. Based on that definition, Zack’s seeking temporary tactical alliances with what I call thoughtless insurrectionists in order to lock all the exits from our present state to the world of constructive reason is sincerely a barbarous form of harassment. We need to make people aware of his harassing behavior and, more specifically, inform them that what he calls tolerance is really genocide. What Zack calls peace is a smokescreen for tyranny. And what he calls human rights advocacy is nothing less than a deliberate plan to unleash horrific levels of violence.

Zack’s policy of impeding the free flow of information will leave entire regions awash with rivers of human blood. Only a true-blue cheeky blaguer or one who is entirely clueless about NIMBYism could claim otherwise. While blasphemous killjoys claim to defend traditional values, they actually subvert law-enforcement agencies, intelligence communities, military branches, foreign services, and financial institutions. My unsparing assessment of his tropes is that they will coordinate a revolution in the blink of an eye. Surely, he is not too conceited to realize that. I want to keep this brief: His support for freedom of speech extends only to those who agree with him. That is, Zack believes in free speech for me but not for thee. I guess that’s not too surprising when one considers that Zack sees the world as somewhat anarchic, a game of catch-as-catch-can in which the sneakiest barrators nab the biggest prizes. The facts are in: Zack 1234 approximates a malodorous, stuporous hypochondriac as far as practical action is concerned but differs in psychology, ideology and motivation.

:D

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2022, 09:50:20 AM »
Its an outrage  :old:

Something needs to be done about said depravity displayed by individuals in this forum.

I agree with Arlo on every aspect of his post except Community.

Community sounds like commie talk to me :old:

The GFC

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2022, 09:53:10 AM »
Arlo,  You might try breaking those pills in half and see if that helps.  Just a thought.
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2022, 09:53:32 AM »
Zach is social media today without the ability to cancel those who do not agree with his world view...

Instead he just calls you names which is over the top for the thin skin types today..

Eagler

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2022, 09:53:41 AM »
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 09:55:24 AM by Arlo »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2022, 09:56:55 AM »
Arlo,  You might try breaking those pills in half and see if that helps.  Just a thought.

I was thinking the dose needed to be doubled up :)

Eagler